PDA

View Full Version : FATT - Summit Point Raceway, WV Main Circuit

EricZHP
07-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Wanted to share some onboard video from a Friday at The Track (FATT) I participated in on July 1, 2016. First I want to give a shout out to FATT they run an excellent track experience and all of the instructors I had were fantastic. I ran in Group 1 (Novice) with an instructor in the passenger seat for all four 20 minute sessions and had an absolute blast. It was my second time on the main circuit (2011 on a GSX-R750 was my first) and it's an excellent track. My favorite section is the eases and 8, just a fun rhythm section.

Learned a couple of things as this was the second time on track (Jefferson circuit was first back in 2012ish) with my car. Fuel starves out on right hand turns with half a tank. Need the M3 fuel pickup I guess...the forum knows this of course. The money I don't have will be spent on brake pads and discs specific for the track and track tires. I was running the setup in my sig. Will probably utilize my 17x8.5 with some type of track rubber should I win the lottery and be able to afford to fund a regular (annual) track fix. My ZHP is my daily and I love her...my wife isn't interested in supporting me making her semi-track capable...yet.

Here is some video, the times are estimates. Next time I'll try Henry's Lap Timer that I've seen Derek(derbo) run here on the forum.

https://youtu.be/kviyM18xBbg

Not sure how to imbed the video...

Vas
07-20-2016, 10:25 AM
I been to summit point a couple of times since I am fairly close to it but never did any driving with my zhp. This vid makes me want to book a FATT session.

Thanks for sharing

NoVAphotog
07-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Very nice! Should also look into Apex Track Events out of NCCAR. Little bit more of a haul to get to, but it's a full 2 day event for a little less than FATT's one day. Instructors and staff are fantastic. The track is cool too.

EricZHP
07-20-2016, 11:16 AM
I'll have to look into it, thanks.

Lorenzo
07-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Wanted to share some onboard video from a Friday at The Track (FATT) I participated in on July 1, 2016. First I want to give a shout out to FATT they run an excellent track experience and all of the instructors I had were fantastic. I ran in Group 1 (Novice) with an instructor in the passenger seat for all four 20 minute sessions and had an absolute blast. It was my second time on the main circuit (2011 on a GSX-R750 was my first) and it's an excellent track. My favorite section is the eases and 8, just a fun rhythm section.

Eric - I've been considering FATT. I have ZHP coupe and live 45 min from Summit. But I've been hesitant because I've never tracked before and I'm frankly nervous about it. I feel comfortable with my car, but worry about the other cars on the track that are faster and more experienced. Any advice for a true novice?

EricZHP
07-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Lorenzo, I highly recommend doing a FATT, no need to worry about the other cars(drivers), in my experience everyone was safe and with the instructors in all of the cars that run Group 1 it was well structured and they enhance the experience as they are helping with the racing line, directions, wave-bye's and an extra set of eyes. I highly recommend it. It's a bargain.

Lorenzo
07-20-2016, 11:54 AM
Lorenzo, I highly recommend doing a FATT, no need to worry about the other cars(drivers), in my experience everyone was safe and with the instructors in all of the cars that run Group 1 it was well structured and they enhance the experience as they are helping with the racing line, directions, wave-bye's and an extra set of eyes. I highly recommend it. It's a bargain.

I didn't realize instructor is with you in the car for every run and the same for all other cars in novice FATT. That is reassuring. The instructors don't want to get in a crash or be hurt. So if they trust, I should too.

mko9
07-30-2016, 10:51 AM
I just did a weekend at Summit Point Main the week prior with Trackdaze. The M3 fuel tank baffle works great. I previously had fuel starvation issues coming out of Turn 1 at both Summit Point and VIR starting around 3/8 tank. With the baffle in place I had no issues, but never took it below about 1/4 tank. Money well spent, IMO. And not a difficult install either, just wait until you are pretty low on gas to do it. You might need a new pump gasket, too.