PDA

View Full Version : I can't re-pair my phone

Dual
07-22-2016, 11:57 AM
I have bluetooth phone for hands-free calls, present as buttons on my steering wheel; there are no controls on the ceiling. I successfully paired to my previous iPhone 6S for calls but have lost the pair since Apple replaced the iPhone. I can't figure out how to get the thing to pair. There's a booklet* in the document's package that purports to help with this, but nothing there seems to work. I also have a sheet** with bluetooth pairing data (the number to use, the ESN, stuff like that).

I've been searching here but can't find info for this. How do I reconnect?

Thanks...

* Owner's Manual for full preparation package mobile phone
** Bluetooth Passkey PK

Sockethead
07-22-2016, 08:49 PM
I had a hell of a time doing this in the X5 a few years back (same generation of electronics) There is a sequence to it. If you don't get it exactly, it won't work. I went to the dealer and watched they guy do the exact same thing I was doing but it paired for him.

sillieidiot
07-23-2016, 11:40 AM
Do you have the SOS mirror? I believe there's no pairing button for that. You just hold the voice key down and it says pairing on the radio, then you just find it and connect to it.

I usually just do it in PA Soft lol way faster. And you can change the car's name to whatever you want, and the passkey to whatever you want lol

Dual
07-23-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure what the SOS mirror is. I have one which can control garage doors, autodims and compass. I installed it after I had paired to the last phone, come to think of it.

sillieidiot
07-27-2016, 05:02 PM
It's the one you use to call BMW roadside.

But yeah, I think all you do is just hold down the voice button and then radio will just saying it's pairing. Then you do everything on your phone including entering the passcode (which I hope you remember lol).

Dual
07-27-2016, 05:46 PM
Nothing happens when I do that. I do have the code on one of the cards I mentioned in my initial post here.

Dual
07-27-2016, 05:47 PM
Does it matter which mode the radio (Business CD) is set to? FM? Aux? etc...

derbo
07-27-2016, 08:50 PM
From what I remember, Bluetooth starts discovery mode when you turn to ACC2 for 30seconds. You should be able to find the module on your phone in that timeframe and pair it.

sillieidiot
07-28-2016, 02:43 PM
From what I remember, Bluetooth starts discovery mode when you turn to ACC2 for 30seconds. You should be able to find the module on your phone in that timeframe and pair it.

That didn't do anything. I think it only shows up if you have a phone paired to it. But it doesn't let you pair unless you go through the pairing process.

Ok I just went outside to try it. You just press the "R/T" button. The radio will say "Phone Activate". Then you just search for it on your phone and click on the car, enter PIN and you're done.

I forgot my PIN so I couldn't connect lol But I assume that once you enter it, you're good to go.

Dual
07-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Assuming you mean radio in the strict sense the display doesn't change at all for me. I just get the identifying information for the radio station. It did show REG OFF on power-up.

(iPhone 6s)

Dual
07-28-2016, 02:50 PM
Maybe I screwed things up by putting the compass mirror in in place of the one that came with the car? It worked fine, however until I had to zap my iPhone

(iPhone 6s)

sillieidiot
07-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Nah I don't think the mirror does anything. I cut off the shark fin when I did my CF roof install and that's part of the SOS system too.

Hmm yeah when I press that button my business radio display changes. If I hold the voice button, all it will say is Phone, then the guy talks to me telling me to issue commands.

Dual
07-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know what the REG OFF display is telling me?

sillieidiot
07-30-2016, 09:40 PM
I think it has to do the the region thing for the radio frequencies. I don't remember how to set that though. But it was definitely hold down one of the buttons on the radio LOL

Dual
08-02-2016, 05:23 AM
One more question- someone here suggested that I 'delete the pairing' from the car's system- make it forget phones which have been paired to it in the past. I don't see anything about this in the manual. Is this possible?

Sockethead
08-02-2016, 05:39 AM
It is possible but I forget how to do it