PDA

View Full Version : TCU Install, Need Some Assistance

mercury26
08-29-2016, 07:25 PM
I recently installed the new TCU (from dealer), BT antenna (under center console) and microphone. I installed everything per directions (in a number of DIY post), when I turn on the car and press the R/T button the radio pops up a message "ACTIVATE PHONE". I cannot get my iPhone 6S to pair with the car. It does not show up as a BT device on my phone Any thoughts on the issue?

TCU Module is 84.10 9195455-02

OK, I added a pic of the TCU Module, did I miss an antenna cable? I have the multipin cable connected on the other side. I only found two female type FAKRA connectors for the TCU in the bundle in the trunk. I found a male black but that won't fit without some kind of adapter.

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r663/chasek72/E46/TCU_1_zpspjqsoatm.jpg

derbo
08-29-2016, 08:27 PM
IIRC,

To pair, you just turn the key to Accessory II and first 30 seconds it will start being discoverable. That seemed to work with my 4S long time ago.

mercury26
08-29-2016, 09:01 PM
Do I need to press the R/T button? Am I missing a Black FAKRA connector? I have seen it some installs.

derbo
08-29-2016, 09:25 PM
Do I need to press the R/T button? Am I missing a Black FAKRA connector? I have seen it some installs.

I didn't have a black connector. I never had to press the r/t button to pair my old 4s. Idk how it works with the new iPhones though.

-Sent from a fancy smartphone

Karl Lazlo
08-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Two FAKRA connectors - beige and blue. Big multi pin (black 54 pin) on the opposite of the TCU.

Turn on car (ACC II) and the BT should be discoverable for 30 seconds. No need to touch the R/T button.

Early build (pre 2003) didn't have the 54 pin connector, only the 26 and you will need an adapter. If you have a later car, the 54 pin will be bundled up in the cables if not already plugged into the BMW Assist module.

mercury26
08-30-2016, 01:09 PM
I am installed in a 2005, all three are connect; Beige Fakra, Blue Fakra and Black Multipin. I will stop with the R/T button, but that did not work either. I will recheck all my wiring connections tonight. I did not have BMW assist, so I removed everything from the wire bundle in the trunk. Hoping it is a loose connection of some sort.

mercury26
09-05-2016, 04:31 PM
OK, I am really stumped.

* I tried three different iPhones 6, 6S and SE and two different Android phones new Samsung and old Huawei. None of them can find discover the cars bluetooth, also tried putting the phones on top of the module, to see if the issue might be an antenna issue.

* Replaced the Telephone fuses

* Tried an old module that I purchased off Ebay that I was old was known to be working

Is it possible that car could need some type of coding? Is their a tool that can be used (such as PA Soft) that would (at minimum) tell me if the car is recognizing the module?

On the VW, I could use my VAG-COM/VCDS and diagnose this in a couple minutes.

Thanks

Chuck

derbo
09-06-2016, 09:51 AM
NCSexpert would be able to tell you if VO639 is in there.

mercury26
09-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Cool, I ordered this cable.

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=16

mercury26
09-24-2016, 09:29 PM
PA Soft / BMW Scanner solved my issue.solved my issue. The TCU module did not have Bluetooth set to "ON". I used PA Soft to set BT to ON and then was able to pair with the phone. Interesting that the module came brand new from BMW but did not have this set on. Now on to other things...

johnrando
09-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Good to know

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk