PDA

View Full Version : All Season Tire Suggestions?

Prestovie
10-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Any ideas or opinions on a great set of all season tires? My current PSS's are next to balled and winter is drawing near, but my only problem is that I can't fully commit to a proper set of winter tires, my budget won't allow for two tire purchases within two seasons.
So, I'm looking for a set of all seasons that can get my ZHP and I through the Chicago winter(obviously if the road is iced over I won't be out driving, I just need something that won't get me killed)
My budget hits at around $800, going to get them installed and everything professionally so that adds another hundred bucks.
Any help?

Vas
10-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Any ideas or opinions on a great set of all season tires? My current PSS's are next to balled and winter is drawing near, but my only problem is that I can't fully commit to a proper set of winter tires, my budget won't allow for two tire purchases within two seasons.
So, I'm looking for a set of all seasons that can get my ZHP and I through the Chicago winter(obviously if the road is iced over I won't be out driving, I just need something that won't get me killed)
My budget hits at around $800, going to get them installed and everything professionally so that adds another hundred bucks.
Any help?

Conti ExtreContact DWS 06 or Michelin Pilot A/S 3+

san
10-21-2016, 08:28 AM
I have dws06 and they are pretty good up to a couple of inches of snow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wertyu78
10-21-2016, 08:42 AM
+1 on the Michelin AS3

ryankokesh
10-21-2016, 11:50 AM
DWS 06 is kind of the go to UHP all-season tire for a lot of folks. It's the next generation of the original DWS, which was way ahead of the pack for a long time. Especially in the snow. The Michelin is now possibly a little bit better of a tire, but it'll cost ya more.

A great "budget" option is the BFG a/s 3. It'll save ya $100 over the contis.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHPAS&frontWidth=225%2F&frontRatio=40&frontDiameter=18&rearWidth=255%2F&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=18&filter=y&autoMake=BMW&autoYear=2004&autoModel=330i+Sedan&autoModClar=Performance+Package

Prestovie
10-22-2016, 05:52 PM
DWS 06 is kind of the go to UHP all-season tire for a lot of folks. It's the next generation of the original DWS, which was way ahead of the pack for a long time. Especially in the snow. The Michelin is now possibly a little bit better of a tire, but it'll cost ya more.

A great "budget" option is the BFG a/s 3. It'll save ya $100 over the contis.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHPAS&frontWidth=225%2F&frontRatio=40&frontDiameter=18&rearWidth=255%2F&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=18&filter=y&autoMake=BMW&autoYear=2004&autoModel=330i+Sedan&autoModClar=Performance+Package

Thank you! I'll have to see if they sell them at my local dealership, if not I'll definitely go DWS06