PDA

View Full Version : Proper Gas Octane

pleasecorrupt
03-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Accidentally filled up with 87 today my first time at the pump and was wondering if there was any cons to doing this. I'll be going back to 91 as soon as I kill this tank but was wondering what everyone else used, higher lower. Probably been discussed but here we go again :).

Marcus-SanDiego
03-27-2011, 07:38 PM
When you burn a quarter tank, add premium fuel. When you burn more of the fuel, introduce more premium. That's what I'd do to mitigate it.

But generally, I would not sweat it. My earlier advice is just in case you are worried.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

mimalmo
03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
The good: You just saved $2
The bad: You just lowered the performance of your car

Considering most people only fill up once a week (or less), the $2 per fill up saved isn't worth the drop in performance.

pleasecorrupt
03-27-2011, 07:53 PM
The good: You just saved $2
The bad: You just lowered the performance of your car

Considering most people only fill up once a week (or less), the $2 per fill up saved isn't worth the drop in performance.

didn't do it on purpose, just slipped my mind until i was done filling and read the little tab on the gas tab.

@marcus not worried for the most part, ill just try my best to use the gas asap :) giving me reason to drive my new babe around.

kayger12
03-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Related thread here.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?416-What-gasoline-are-ya-Burnin

Your computer will adjust for the lower octane, however, iirc your gas mileage will decline- so in actuality, you aren't even saving the $2.

It's not a big deal, I would just get premium in there once you've burned some off as the Boss stated.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.