PDA

View Full Version : BMW of Escondido -- Review

JHiggy
03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
I've discussed it before, thought to post here per the topic:

Request to service tech: Can you activate my clown nose? I don't have an alarm installed but just want it activated. Tech says (exact words as I'll never forget): "Uh, I'm not sure but probably $100, I'll have to look into it".

Took it it Euro Auto Spot and they charged half if not a little less. Took them all of 5 minutes and I was happy to pay them for the time. Worked as it should since. Having a dude @ a dealership respond to what I presume was a question that should have been the easiest of the day with "uh" and "I'll have to look into it" while providing a "guesstimate" for 5 minutes of labor of a tech plugging in a device and hitting a couple buttons still bothers me. I understand they need to pay the bills but maybe they should consider that customers don't need pristine flooring, 2.5" thick glass viewing enclosures all about the place, plasma screen tvs, "free" wireless & coffee, "free" (courtesy) car wash, "free" bottled water, employee cubicles made by Steelcase etc. at the expense of hosing customers. Not impressed with those things as I'd take a run down outfit with a torn up couch, some mags dating back to 1993 a good rep and reasonable labor costs. They lost my business after 5 seconds but maybe they're cheap when it comes to replacing oxygen sensors... but they might have to look into it and get back to you while you wait and sip on the "free" BMW of Escondido labeled water you're helping to pay for.