PDA

View Full Version : Secondary Air Pump remove (recode)

Rashads
03-08-2017, 03:16 AM
Hello Friends,

I have ZHP about 4 years and on last year I decide to remove catalytic converters to get more performance. It actually worked I got another animal. https://youtu.be/2jJNMTAW_KE
Here is some video 0-60 it is about 6 second on Automatic transmission. I put mini cats for post cat sensors to avoid CEL light on.
With Secondary Air Pump actually I has no problem because it was working and actually not needed for my option. But know it was failed. pump itself was failed and need to be replaced. I get CEL light on dashboard. I hate it. I never had CEL on dashboard. But I don't want to buy it because it is not using actually. So I want to ask you if someone did removed it please help me. If someone has dump file for MS45 DME and can share with or know how to simulate it to avoid CEL light come on please help me I would be grateful for it.

Thank you in advance!

ELCID86
03-15-2017, 04:15 PM
Welcome. Thanks for sharing.

CarbonZHP
03-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Ill be simulating my o2 sensors but Id like to be able to remove the SAP as well

terraphantm
03-22-2017, 09:07 AM
I think I could make a tune that disables the secondary air pump and CEL. Would you need the readiness monitors to be set to "ready" or would "not applicable" be good enough?

wertyu78
03-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Ill be simulating my o2 sensors but Id like to be able to remove the SAP as well

Dave @ Markert is able to force readiness on O2 and SAP now, a friend of mine just had it done w/ header install to pass GA emissions.

I think I could make a tune that disables the secondary air pump and CEL. Would you need the readiness monitors to be set to "ready" or would "not applicable" be good enough?

Terra is always a great help!

CarbonZHP
03-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Dave didn't tell me anything about that. Just did his tune a few weeks ago. They're still developing the burble for me

wertyu78
03-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Dave didn't tell me anything about that. Just did his tune a few weeks ago. They're still developing the burble for me

I'd give him a ring about it, that should solve your SMOG related worries.

Rashads
03-26-2017, 11:53 PM

Actually İ have installed heads and simulated post cat sensors just need to disable this Pump as well.
Could you pleae helpme to disable it? it need to be reflashed? or there is possibility just disable it from configuration?
Thank you in advance!!!!

Rashads
03-26-2017, 11:54 PM
I will be thankful if you help me to turn it off

Rashads
03-27-2017, 12:14 AM

And what is mean readiness monitor?

CarbonZHP
04-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Just got my headers and sap block plate. Have a plan for the headers but will need to do something about the sap

Rashads
04-06-2017, 11:43 PM

Hello I found local Tuning Guys and they helped me to disable SAP and 2nd O2 sensors also did some performance update and now car more dynamic )))