PDA

View Full Version : Posting pictures

MrMaico
04-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Marcus, I used to spend a lot of time on Advrider.com and when you were responding to a thread or making a new one and you went to add a picture link from a hosting site it would just show the IMG tags and link until you'd 'preview post'. It just made things easier especially when posting multiple pics. Follow what I'm saying?

Thanks.....Barry

Marcus-SanDiego
04-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Barry, not following exactly. Is there something I can do here to make your life easier? I always try. I'm constrained by the vbulletin software, though. But if it's capable of doing what you're looking for, I will try to figure it out.

MrMaico
04-02-2011, 11:11 AM
This should help. Your thread reply or new thread page will look like this rather than rendering all your pics. If you want to preview your post (with pics) you just have to click on 'preview post'. It's just so much easier to work with like this compared to having all the actual pics showing up while you are still preparing your post.

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Misc/IMG0823/1237153903_r8yAe-L.jpg

Plus for someone like me that's using Smugmug if I decide I want to change one of my pics sizes I can just change one letter in the link rather than having to delete the pic and re-link a different size.

Making any sense now?

Marcus-SanDiego
04-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah. Except that's how mine looks to me already. It doesn't look any different. I don't see any pictures when I do mine here on this site until I hit page preview.

So I am a little confused here.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-02-2011, 11:18 AM
How are you attaching pictures to the site? I only use outside hosts to host picture (I do not use attachments), so that could be why I am not understanding.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Barry, this is how it looks on my screen. Looks exactly like yours:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/marcussandiego/barryexample.png

So, when I am ready to see what it looks like, I just hit preview post. I can edit pictures just like you suggested as well.

danewilson77
04-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Barry, this is how it looks on my screen. Looks exactly like yours:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/marcussandiego/barryexample.png

So, when I am ready to see what it looks like, I just hit preview post. I can edit pictures just like you suggested as well.

This is how I dhu eet also.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

Marcus-SanDiego
04-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Barry, we're using the "go advanced" page to do this. If you look at the quick reply form, it's on the bottom, right side of the form.

MrMaico
04-02-2011, 11:35 AM
I figured it out..................in the 'Message Editor Interface:' I was using WYSIWYG. I had to change it to 'Standard editor'. I thought that was the setting I use at Advrider but apparently not.

Doh! Learn somethin' new every day.

Thanks guys.

Barry

MrMaico
04-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Now I need to go and change this setting at the other BMW message boards too. :-)

Marcus-SanDiego
04-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Glad we got it figured out, Barry. Team effort.

danewilson77
04-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I figured it out..................in the 'Message Editor Interface:' I was using WYSIWYG. I had to change it to 'Standard editor'. I thought that was the setting I use at Advrider but apparently not.

Doh! Learn somethin' new every day.

Thanks guys.

Barry

Lol...I have never had to do this. Glad its all good.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

MrMaico
04-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Glad we got it figured out, Barry. Team effort.

Yup.....thanks again guys. Turns out I was in fact using "standard editor' at Advrider after all.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-02-2011, 11:44 AM
And by default, we are all using standard editor here, which is why I didn't understand the problem initially.

MrMaico
04-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Ya, I remember having some issue at Advrider a couple of years ago and I thought I had corrected it by changing my options to WYSIWYG so when I started subscribing to the Bimmer boards I just always selected that option. I guess I remembered wrong.:biggrin