PDA

View Full Version : Who's your Huckleberry? The official ZHPMafia BMW E46 ZHP vendor stud declaration thread

danewilson77
05-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Post up who you buy your BMW E46 ZHP wares from, and write up a short statement as to why, if you must (not required).

Please only specify one vendor. This should be the vendor, if they shut their doors, would leave you lost and confused and heartbroken.

One post per person.

No chit chat :)

I will tally the votes and declare who is the most liked vendor at ZHPMafia.com.

Leaving your choice and a short writeup will automatically enter you into a small prize drawing.

Please only specify one vendor.

Entry deadline and declared vendor winner will occur on 8/1/17

Good luck and have a great Friday!

DW

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4321/35157827483_9980fc8a51_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/VyM4en)
Shirt Logo M zhp_ver5_Mcolors (https://flic.kr/p/VyM4en) by Dane Wilson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/126579022@N06/), on Flickr

anandoc
05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
I primarily buy my parts from ECS Tuning. Their website is a breeze to use and so far I have not had any issues in shipping, packaging etc. Overall a very good experience.

Rovert
05-18-2017, 06:08 PM
FCPeuro because of lifetime warranty on any part, even on wiper blades, air filter and brake pads. It's great!!

RUS_ZHP
05-18-2017, 07:57 PM
FCPeuro. I had a great experience with the for the last two years. Despite the lifetime warranty being a major plus, I see other advantages. Returns are super easy and in my cases they have lowest prices. With other vendors, I got some diffective parts that needed to be exchanged after a few weeks of use . Also, I was getting a wrong shipments with other vendors, but never got problems with FCP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ELCID86
05-19-2017, 03:21 AM
Amazon.com is my go to for checking prices and I often get it from them due to 2-day prime shipping (and I hope the mafia forum gets a kick-back from the order).

az3579
05-19-2017, 03:28 AM
FCP Euro

FCP Euro has a fantastic selection of parts, both genuine and aftermarket, for a variety of major European makes. They stand behind every item they sell with their lifetime, no-questions-asked warranty, including wear items and items installed incorrectly. They price match anyone else. FCP also has a VIP program for people who purchase frequently from them, which includes the benefits of free UPS Ground shipping, 5-10% off parts, and if requested, a dedicated rep who will help you with all of your questions going forward.

Let's not forget the added benefit that they are 15 minutes from my home, and I heard they re-opened the pickup center, so I can pick up my own parts again. :)

Oli77
05-19-2017, 03:29 AM
ECS tunning. They are pretty close. They are excellent with returns. Friendly on the phone and emails.

slater
05-19-2017, 05:00 AM
being in canada, my options are limited.

1. amazon.ca: i check here first. if i can get a quality part with prime shipping, then heck yeah.

2. autopartsway.ca: based on toronto, and they have a large inventory; i can get lemfoerder from them. prices vary, and unless you're spending over $100 the shipping is crazy expensive.

3. ECS: their website is easy to use, they generally have very detailed photos and shipping within the US is pretty reasonable. i buy here if i'm driving over the border to pick it up.

4. FCP: their support is good. website is not nearly as easy/nice as ECS. pricing is OK. i can't vouch for the lifetime warranty stuff, because cross-border shipping is so horrendously expensive it sometimes just doesn't make sense to buy from them based on this. if i lived in the states, then maybe, yeah.

i used to buy from eEuroparts, but their prices and shipping costs have gone up a ton.

san
05-19-2017, 05:21 AM
FCP Euro

Lifetime warranty and price match. Also the parts are delivered in 2 days even with free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl Lazlo
05-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Add me to the FCP Euro club.

BMWM3186
05-19-2017, 01:41 PM
I primarily use ECS Tuning due to their large selection and variety of items.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
05-19-2017, 01:44 PM
I usually go to ECSTuning for part confirmation and their excellent photos and then price compare and usually purchase from FCPEuro

Cadeez
05-19-2017, 02:17 PM
ECS Tuning all the way. Especially now that they have free shipping over $50. Excellent site, huge selection with multiple flavors of every part, OEM and aftermarket performance stuff. Great customer service as well

Umnitza for all of my lighting needs

Pelican Parts has an excellent, detailed DIY section

Turner Motorsports & FCP Euro very rarely

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4228/34376714630_a6ccb465c9.jpg

danewilson77
06-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Bump

Sent from my S8+

Aeternalis
06-02-2017, 09:47 AM
FCP Euro all day long. I never have to pay for air filters, oil changes, wiper blades, and many other things on my car ever again.

The Lifetime Guarantee is legit. Just recently I sent back old oil and an old filter kit and was credited within a couple days. Honestly I can't believe more people don't take advantage of their site, even if they are a little more expensive than ECS or Turner.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-oil-change-kit-5w30-e46-3-series-oilchgkit2300

san
06-02-2017, 10:16 AM
FCP Euro all day long. I never have to pay for air filters, oil changes, wiper blades, and many other things on my car ever again.

The Lifetime Guarantee is legit. Just recently I sent back old oil and an old filter kit and was credited within a couple days. Honestly I can't believe more people don't take advantage of their site, even if they are a little more expensive than ECS or Turner.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-oil-change-kit-5w30-e46-3-series-oilchgkit2300

You get refunded for oil and filter? Seriously? I always buy parts including oil from them but never thought the lifetime warranty applied to oil changes as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aeternalis
06-02-2017, 10:22 AM
You get refunded for oil and filter? Seriously? I always buy parts including oil from them but never thought the lifetime warranty applied to oil changes as well...
Yes sir. I put the used oil back into the bottles the new oil came with, bagged them up, sealed them with a zip tie, and did the same with the oil filter. I then put the filter gasket, crush washer, and two o-rings in another zip bag and stuck that in the box with the bagged used oil filter. Packed everything securely into a 12x12x12 box I had and sent it back after creating the return.

Edit: FCP even made a video on how to return used oils to them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYsJc5BsPO4

ZHPizza
06-02-2017, 11:31 AM
That's....insane....

And probably why they're no longer offering discounts.

holyc0w
06-02-2017, 12:02 PM
ECStuning

I go all over the place, but ECStuning has been one of the main sources compared to the others.

That's....insane....

And probably why they're no longer offering discounts.

Insane in the brain

az3579
06-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Yes sir. I put the used oil back into the bottles the new oil came with, bagged them up, sealed them with a zip tie, and did the same with the oil filter. I then put the filter gasket, crush washer, and two o-rings in another zip bag and stuck that in the box with the bagged used oil filter. Packed everything securely into a 12x12x12 box I had and sent it back after creating the return.

Edit: FCP even made a video on how to return used oils to them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYsJc5BsPO4
Holy crap... I could in theory only pay for one more oil change, then be done. Sweet! I live 15 minutes from them. :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ELCID86
06-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Wow. I can't believe that's a thing. And that they are advertising it!

Aeternalis
06-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Holy crap... I could in theory only pay for one more oil change, then be done. Sweet! I live 15 minutes from them. :)
Do it! Lucky you; I wish I lived closer to them.

Echoing what others have said, I agree that including oils in their guarantee is pretty bonkers. But as long as they offers this service, I intend to take full advantage of it. Not like they are trying to keep it a secret or anything. :)

704sw
06-02-2017, 01:34 PM

No kidding! I guess I know where I'm buying brake pads for the 135i calipers.

ELCID86
06-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Perhaps it's a loss-leader to build loyal customers ... it just may work!

Aeternalis
06-02-2017, 01:39 PM
It's genius marketing if you think about it. I've told many people about them, specifically mentioning the Guarantee. I would guess part or most of their total advertising budget goes towards replacement parts for their repeat customers.

BMWCurves
06-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Well then...fluids are being ordered from them from now on. That's cray.

704sw
06-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Well then...fluids are being ordered from them from now on. That's cray.

I was going to say "I'd honestly feel bad for sending back oil...like I was exploiting some loophole." And then I saw the video.

fredo
06-02-2017, 02:27 PM
theBMWminipartstore.com

I like to know my parts come from a BMW dealer.

holyc0w
06-02-2017, 03:16 PM
It's genius marketing if you think about it. I've told many people about them, specifically mentioning the Guarantee. I would guess part or most of their total advertising budget goes towards replacement parts for their repeat customers.

I don't know. The more people that know, the more potential for a lot of "lossy" customers. Post this on slickdeals and they'll be out of business.

anandoc
06-02-2017, 05:41 PM

This. Is. Crazy.

And they did the video based on your oil return:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=129&v=kYsJc5BsPO4

Aeternalis
06-02-2017, 06:05 PM
This. Is. Crazy.

And they did the video based on your oil return:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=129&v=kYsJc5BsPO4

Oh... wow. Okay, honestly I didn't even watch the video; I figured it was a general instructional video that might show something similar to what I did. Lol. That's pretty cool to know.

BMWM3186
06-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Guess I'll try to buy more stuff from fcp now. Not sure I want to go through the process of bagging all the old oil to save $100 a year but on other consumables itd definitely be worth it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk

danewilson77
06-06-2017, 11:00 AM

Not sure I could look at myself in the mirror....

Sent from my S8+

BlueBug
06-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Bimmerworld for my car.

Their customer service is excellent and they are always to happy to answer questions and offer suggestions.
The selection of performance parts is really good.
Shipping is always quick and no issues with incorrect parts.

quikryptonite
06-07-2017, 07:44 AM

I am not sure I could send anything back that has given me a normal life expectancy. Sure, if something breaks I'd send it back.

What do you guys do in between the time you send your parts back and get the replacements in the mail. Just not drive your car?

How long is this sustainable? Won't they have to go bankrupt?

BMWCurves
06-07-2017, 08:19 AM
I am not sure I could send anything back that has given me a normal life expectancy. Sure, if something breaks I'd send it back.

What do you guys do in between the time you send your parts back and get the replacements in the mail. Just not drive your car?

How long is this sustainable? Won't they have to go bankrupt?

Two options, I believe:
1) Send FCP the part and wait for them to send you a new replacement part. Car is most likely inoperable at this time.
2) Order the same part from FCP and then send back the worn/broken part to FCP once the new one has arrived and been swapped. Wait for FCP to reimburse you for the part.

Aeternalis
06-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Two options, I believe:
1) Send FCP the part and wait for them to send you a new replacement part. Car is most likely inoperable at this time.
2) Order the same part from FCP and then send back the worn/broken part to FCP once the new one has arrived and been swapped. Wait for FCP to reimburse you for the part.
Both correct. I use "option 2."

quikryptonite
06-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Both correct. I use "option 2."

That makes sense.

danewilson77
09-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Fellas,

The results are in. Sorry about the late tally, but wanted all to have a chance that wanted in.

FCPEuro.com - 6
ECSTuning.com - 6
Amazon.com - 2
BMWMINIPARTSTORE.com - 1
BIMMERWORLS - 1
*I am tie breaker and I like FCPEuro, with ECS being second.

FCPEuro is winner.

Drawing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgQSS1OOIO8

Congrats to san. I'll get a hold of you regarding your prize.

Thank you to all that participated.

san
09-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Woohoo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

holyc0w
09-04-2017, 03:34 PM
congrats :D

fredo
09-04-2017, 05:01 PM
+1. Many thanks to DW for thinking about this.