PDA

View Full Version : Don't think this is supposed to happen

Muggzie
04-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Alright I opened my sunroof an I hear this noise so I stop it an close it an this was stuck in the track an I had to rip it out anyone know if it will affect the sunshade from working right or messing up 708

Whitexi
04-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Yea looks like one of the sun shade gliders.

Whitexi
04-03-2011, 02:15 PM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2816/driversideclip.jpg

I would be easy since its probably not far from ripping out all together. try to push up on the corners and im guessing one will move freely and thats where that came from.

MrMaico
04-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Here is a great DIY. I replaced a couple of my clips using this. Simple fix if you do it before you make things worse by continuing to use it.

http://www.lincomatic.com/e46sunroof/e46sunroof.html

Muggzie
04-04-2011, 04:13 AM
It's completely ripped off I was wondering if I actualy need it or not cause taking the whole sunroof out an replacing the sunshade seems like to much time an money

spencers
04-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Keep it. You may be able to bend it back to its original shape and reuse it

kayger12
04-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Do NOT operate the sunroof with the sunshade clips screwed up. You will make it worse and end up with a very expensive repair bill or an inoperable sunroof (ask me how I know).

Removing the glass is very easy. Four torx screws and she's out. I would either do the sunshade repair or remove the sunshade all together.

If you ignore it and keep using the roof, you'll regret it...

Muggzie
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks guys that DIY just seemed like slots work when I was looking at it

Muggzie
04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Any of you guys know where i can get a new sunroof headliner cause that piece ripped out of the headliner and if i buy a new peice like it, it probably wont stay because the part that it would hold onto is ripped out

danewilson77
04-09-2011, 01:58 PM
You have to buy the sunshade from Tischer or ECS...

Droid! Srs Legitness!

Stu
04-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Yep, that happened to me the first time I even got into my car. I tried to open the sunroof only to hear a horrible cracking noise. I flipped, thinking that I had just broken my brand-new car. Turns out this is a common issue. It can be DIY'd, but there are so many small parts and delicate things involved in the sunroof that it seems a bit daunting to me.

I got quoted about $230 to get it all fixed up. I think it is worth having the piece-of-mind.

kayger12
04-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Yep, that happened to me the first time I even got into my car. I tried to open the sunroof only to hear a horrible cracking noise. I flipped, thinking that I had just broken my brand-new car. Turns out this is a common issue. It can be DIY'd, but there are so many small parts and delicate things involved in the sunroof that it seems a bit daunting to me.

I got quoted about $230 to get it all fixed up. I think it is worth having the piece-of-mind.

Worth every penny. I dragged my feet on the repair in my 325 and ended up snapping a bowden cable...

Muggzie
04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the feed back guys I appreciate it I just order a new sunshade and I guess they have a retro fit so it doesn't happen or suck up your sunshade an not give it back so I got that too 246 for the shade an repair kit/retro fit from the guys over here at www.Bavauto.com in Portsmouth new Hampshire