PDA

View Full Version : Different pads / same rotor?

nsk040
06-27-2017, 07:00 AM
Just put new stainless lines all around, in addition to new rotors/pads at the back (zimmerman rotors / posi-quiet per rec of the vendor).

I'll probably get around to doing the front rotors/pads before long, and was wondering if there would be any issues with putting in new (different) pads at the back at that time to go with something a bit more aggressive.

Thanks

sillieidiot
06-27-2017, 09:59 AM
It's fine. Just make sure to follow the bed in procedure for the pads you're buying. They should have instructions for it.

derbo
06-27-2017, 05:21 PM
It's fine. Just make sure to follow the bed in procedure for the pads you're buying. They should have instructions for it.

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/bed-in-theory-definitions-and-procedures/stock-brake-system-bed-in

Follow this guide to bed in brake pads. :)

stephenkirsh
11-10-2017, 01:17 PM
http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/bed-in-theory-definitions-and-procedures/stock-brake-system-bed-in

Follow this guide to bed in brake pads. :)

If you buy track-only pads, how do you bed those before a track event?

derbo
11-10-2017, 01:28 PM
If you buy track-only pads, how do you bed those before a track event?

If they are aggressive trackpads, do not heat them up and just drive around within the abrasive temperature range. Once it removes the transfer layer of the previous pad, follow the normal procedure to bed them in and create a new transfer layer.

stephenkirsh
11-10-2017, 04:16 PM
What if you swap pads at the track?

derbo
11-10-2017, 08:36 PM
What if you swap pads at the track?

I prefer to city drive the car a few days before the track day and the transfer layer off. First session warm up laps should be able to bed in those pads well. :)

stephenkirsh
11-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Interesting, ok.

I've seen guys swap pads track side. Think they're just going easier first few laps?

az3579
11-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Interesting, ok.

I've seen guys swap pads track side. Think they're just going easier first few laps?I usually swap them the day before if possible and drive up on them. That's enough time to get a nice layer on there.

You can bed them in the first few laps, just take it easier. Build your way up to max braking over the course of a few laps.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

stephenkirsh
11-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Driving around town on HT-10s sounds scary haha