PDA

View Full Version : AA Group Buy, ~$300

johnrando
04-04-2011, 01:02 PM
On e46fanatics.com, there is a group buy for AA software tune for ~$300 if they can get 30 people.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13006175&posted=1#post13006175

Hornung418
04-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Shit just got real.

Gheybe
04-04-2011, 02:06 PM
In.

funny, i was just on the phone with Viral@ActiveAutowerke about mine over there.

danewilson77
04-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Oh....so now you guys go and drum something like this up. OK....I see how it's gonna be......:shifty

Kudos
04-04-2011, 04:28 PM
hmmm. it seems i gotta ship my ecu over there? how much work is involved and what's the timeframe for getting 30 ecu's back to customers since this is my dd??

johnrando
04-04-2011, 06:14 PM
hmmm. it seems i gotta ship my ecu over there? how much work is involved and what's the timeframe for getting 30 ecu's back to customers since this is my dd??

Not sure... probably they will need to stagger it. There are local shops who will install them while you wait. Check out their website... I have a few dealers local to me. John

danewilson77
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm banking a week turn around would be optimistic.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

Kudos
04-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Would be nice if they could just ship me a unit ready to roll and i'd ship them mine then they'd just return my core charge.

az3579
04-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Would be nice if they could just ship me a unit ready to roll and i'd ship them mine then they'd just return my core charge.

That's the tradeoff for a custom tune. If this bothers you, perhaps another option like the Shark Injector would better suit your needs. You can apply it in the comfort of your own home.

Sent from my DROIDX

Kudos
04-04-2011, 08:19 PM
this is true, but the aa tune would probably yield better results even though i don't have any other mods other than pulley's i'll be putting on.. considering not doing any modding at even..

Gheybe
04-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Viral and I spoke on the phone. He told me they get it done in a day or 2 and send it back to you. I don't know what the wait time will be considering they are getting so many.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-05-2011, 05:57 AM
I don't know what the wait time will be considering they are getting so many.

That will be the wildcard. On a regular basis, they turn those things around in about 48 hours. With so many orders, I imagine that time frame will be pushed out. Figure three-four days. Regardless, in the grand scheme of things that ain't all that bad.

kaboom
04-05-2011, 06:09 AM
I wonder if they'll flash in the latest software from BMW?

Secondly, I really don't understand how you can use a tune for a non ZHP cammed engine on one with cams?

Ian

09mageec
04-05-2011, 06:11 AM
This sound awesome:headbang

az3579
04-05-2011, 06:29 AM
I wonder if they'll flash in the latest software from BMW?

Secondly, I really don't understand how you can use a tune for a non ZHP cammed engine on one with cams?

Ian

It's a custom tune, so they'll tune it for our cars with cams.

Jon D
04-05-2011, 06:35 AM
I have the AA tune and it's specific to the engine and mods. All ZHPs have some level of cam beyond std 330. If you went further just tell them and they adjust. They also adjust for headers, exhaust, intake, pulleys, forced induction etc.... software rocks.

I would also imagine they will stagger the shipments so delivery time not impacted as much.

danewilson77
04-05-2011, 07:04 AM
It's a custom tune, so they'll tune it for our cars with cams.

So...the Shark doesn't do this?

I would like to know more about the definition of "a custom tune"

Kudos
04-05-2011, 08:25 AM
It's a "moar" custom tune. They can adjust for the mods with some baseline, but best custom is obviuosly on a dyno live tune.

danewilson77
04-05-2011, 09:16 AM
So...this. "They can adjust for the mods with some baseline"

That is to say...If I had a different intake...they could tune the engine to milk out what it could...for instance??

Jon D
04-05-2011, 10:01 AM
So...this. "They can adjust for the mods with some baseline"

That is to say...If I had a different intake...they could tune the engine to milk out what it could...for instance??

Basically - when they did mine they tuned based on a K&N filter in stock airbox, and an AA exhaust no headers. So, if I had headers or when I add headers they can adjust the tune to account for the increased flow of exhaust gas and maximize performance adding more HP and torque.

danewilson77
04-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Copy

Droid! Srs Legitness!

kaboom
04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
This sounds great. With MAF tuning, you have some flexibility, but cams are something I feel really require a different tune. How's the throttle response? All the shark people say theirs is much improved.

Ian

Jon D
04-06-2011, 05:09 AM
This sounds great. With MAF tuning, you have some flexibility, but cams are something I feel really require a different tune. How's the throttle response? All the shark people say theirs is much improved.

Ian

If you are asking how's throttle response with an AA tune - it's the bomb.. no seriously much much better than stock. It was the best money I spent on the car took the car from ready to sell it cause I did not like the way it drove to a keeper.

kaboom
04-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the info. Looks like you are as happy as others have been with the shark. Which is to say, very!

Ian

CO ZHP
04-06-2011, 07:29 AM
For those of us ZHP drivers who let the car do the shifting (steptronic) the AA Tune seems to be the opnly the only game in town. ZHP version of the Shark is only desgined for the MT. Based on what I have read here and other forums, I'll be taking the AA route as it looks to be moeny well spent!

Dave

danewilson77
04-06-2011, 07:55 AM
This is what it says at TMS regarding the Shark and Auto's...

Will the Shark Injector work on a car with an automatic transmission?

Yes, but it does not alter the transmission’s programming. In other words, the shift points and maximum allowed rev limit remain the same as before. All of the benefits of the Shark Injector are there – including the horsepower gains.

Kudos
04-06-2011, 11:06 AM
FYI, IND distribution can do the labor in chicago for like $20. They need to ship it to FL though, i'll get it done because i need some work done at that shop anyways. $20 to remove the dme and reinstall it is a pretty sweet deal. At least I don't have to worry about any damages to the DME since they would be responsible for it.

johnrando
04-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Got mine done locally at a place called Auto Talent, in West LA. This place is amazing, Ferraris, R8's, E9Xs, Porsches, etc. An E9X was getting an AA supercharger installed and had AA a beautiful AA exhaust installed. I took pics with my phone so I'll upload them when I can. At any rate, they charged $50 to install. Basically they read the s/w, send it in to AA, AA updates it, sends it back, and they install. As for the results, my car does feel a little more peppy, and the hesitation when I stomp on the gas is gone, the response is more instantaneous. Can't say if it's worth $350 installed, but I'm happy with it... and since it lists at $600 installed, it was worth it to me. john

Kudos
04-25-2011, 11:51 AM
John, no other mods on the car that got included in the tune?

Gheybe
04-25-2011, 01:28 PM
I got mine a couple of weeks ago or so.

Revving to 7k feels awesome and I definitely gained a lot of power.

johnrando
04-26-2011, 10:31 PM
John, no other mods on the car that got included in the tune?

Just the BMW Performance Intake wrt horsepower. Gonna get pulleys done next. John

Kudos
04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Just FYI Bimmerfest is last day to get this mod done. I'm sure it's the date to order, not date to get it done but i'll get more info shortly.