PDA

View Full Version : clicking noise

DirtyPillows
04-04-2011, 02:08 PM
When im drivng and get around 30 mph I hear a clicking sound to my passenger side. At first its slow and the sound is spaced out but once.I hit the highway it is very much aparrent and quicker. The best way I can describe it its almost like the way a bicycle Sounds when your just rolling but much quicker and sort of a thinner sound( if that helps at all). Its nothing related to the engine because the noise occurs while in netural on highway and while standing and reving the noise is not there. Plus the only wU I can hear it is if im in tunnel or passing a car or wall and the sound bouncing back to me. I don't feel anything weird on steering wheel or handling. But sometimes at re pedals I feel something like a hump like if I hit a crack on pavement but I only feel on front tires and its so subtel(I think that's the word) I have to be focusing on the pedals to feel it not to mention it doesn't occur consistantly. But ya that noise is extremely annoying. Any thoughts anyone expeirenced this before?????? Help!!!!

09mageec
04-04-2011, 02:35 PM
When im drivng and get around 30 mph I hear a clicking sound to my passenger side. At first its slow and the sound is spaced out but once.I hit the highway it is very much aparrent and quicker. The best way I can describe it its almost like the way a bicycle Sounds when your just rolling but much quicker and sort of a thinner sound( if that helps at all). Its nothing related to the engine because the noise occurs while in netural on highway and while standing and reving the noise is not there. Plus the only wU I can hear it is if im in tunnel or passing a car or wall and the sound bouncing back to me. I don't feel anything weird on steering wheel or handling. But sometimes at re pedals I feel something like a hump like if I hit a crack on pavement but I only feel on front tires and its so subtel(I think that's the word) I have to be focusing on the pedals to feel it not to mention it doesn't occur consistantly. But ya that noise is extremely annoying. Any thoughts anyone expeirenced this before?????? Help!!!!

Does the sound seem like its coming from the right passenger front or rear wheel area?

DirtyPillows
04-04-2011, 02:54 PM
I want to say rear because I had my rear passenger side window push out while the main one was up and the noise was louder. However this was once and haven't tried it again but ill try when I drive home tonight

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ryans323i
04-05-2011, 07:28 AM
My bet is it's something with the brake pad or caliper, because you're feeling it in the brake pedal sometimes. A couple ideas: Possibly a sticking caliper, best solution for this is to change the brake fluid (which is recommended once every 1-2 years anyways). Or if you live on a gravel road you might be getting little bits of gravel between the brake pad and rotor, solution would to be drive slower on the gravel.

DirtyPillows
04-05-2011, 08:20 AM
hmm ok well when it drys out here ill give it a look. ill post back when im done if theres any resolution to the problem or not