PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Noise and Check engine soon light

pleasecorrupt
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Just bought this zhp and now I have two issues nagging me. Didn't notice it during test drive or anything but long behold, once papers are signed and I get to drive it a little more things are coming up.

A. Randomly when I accelerate, I get this squeaky noise that gets progressively louder as I push the throttle. This isn't persistent and comes up randomly but what I have noticed is that once it starts, it'll stay for the drive.

B. Although the guy just got Inspection II done before selling the car, a check engine soon light came on as well as a maintenance countdown from 15000 miles. Not quite sure what this is about but I do believe oil and filter was changed during Inspection II so is it something else?

Help me :\ I am all ears. Have tried recording the noise w/ my iphone but long behold, no luck.

kayger12
04-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Where does the squeaky noise come from? Motor, wheels, front, rear, etc. Does it sound like a whistle?

As for the light, you'll need to either buy a code reader or take it somewhere where they will read codes for you for free (I think Autozone does it).

The 15,000 mile countdown is normal and is your oil service countdown. I change my oil at the 7500 to go mark, change out again at 0, and then reset back to 15k and repeat.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
04-05-2011, 03:07 AM
As Keith said......could be many things. "squekyness" always leads me to suspension....it seems.

Throwin darts here.....FSM....RSM....Springs not sitting on perches properly. Total guess.

pleasecorrupt
04-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Sound comes from the front end of the car beyond the dash, sounds kind of like when you rub your finger against a white board faster and faster and you push the throttle. Once again this sound isn't consistent though and may be the suspension like dane said. I'll have a look once I hear the noise again, which I'm guessing is 1/5 times I drive. Definitely will go to autozone soon, Dane already suggested it but I never went >.>

danewilson77
04-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Pulley squeal?

Johnmadd
04-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Serpentine belt? Water pump?