PDA

View Full Version : FCP Euro

bvmackin
08-24-2017, 08:24 AM
For those of us located in the western US, I ordered a fog light from FCP Euro (based in CT) on Monday using economy/free shipping, and the order shipped from Cerritos CA and arrived via UPS at my door by Wednesday evening. Previously my orders from FCP Euro have shipped from CT, so at least in this case it appears FCP has partnered with a regional distributor...which meant a faster delivery time!

san
08-24-2017, 09:26 AM
I have my stuff from fcp delivered usually on the second day even if I pick the economy free shipping method. I see no reason to pay for shipping from them honestly unless i need it the next day. Didn't know about them partnering with with a regional distributor, I guess that's good news for folks on the west coast...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az3579
08-24-2017, 10:08 AM
The funny thing is, VIP members get free 2-day shipping over $49. It seems that is a pointless upgrade, considering this news. lol

ELCID86
08-24-2017, 02:11 PM
The funny thing is, VIP members get free 2-day shipping over $49. It seems that is a pointless upgrade, considering this news. lol

And you can just drive there!

bvmackin
08-24-2017, 02:29 PM
The funny thing is, VIP members get free 2-day shipping over $49. It seems that is a pointless upgrade, considering this news. lolI wasn't aware of the VIP membership, and don't readily see anything on the FCP Euro website detailing the program. Is this a sort of Amazon Prime membership?

Note that although the particular part i ordered emanated from Cerritos CA, I'm certainly not sure this will be the case for other parts. I'd be interested in other folks' shipping experiences, as to date I've been paying the ~$10 "expedited shipping" fee to get stuff from CT to CA in a few days.

az3579
08-24-2017, 03:04 PM
I wasn't aware of the VIP membership, and don't readily see anything on the FCP Euro website detailing the program. Is this a sort of Amazon Prime membership?

You only get upgraded after you've ordered a certain amount of stuff from them.

And I correct my previous statement - it's free UPS Ground shipping, not 2-day. It's the next step up from Economy.

trancenation
08-24-2017, 04:03 PM
As someone who is in CA, it usually takes 5-6 business days for items to arrive via UPS Ground. It's nice to hear that some parts are starting to be dispatched from the west coast.

bvmackin
08-24-2017, 05:06 PM
You only get upgraded after you've ordered a certain amount of stuff from them.

And I correct my previous statement - it's free UPS Ground shipping, not 2-day. It's the next step up from Economy.

Ahh, o.k. that explains why there is no obvious mention of the VIP level on their website.

Also I should have mentioned that in my most recent case, I selected the free shipping option, and the part arrived in two days via UPS Ground.

Ron///Man
08-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Just an FYI, if you buy your oil from FCP, they will take it back when you change it next time and refund you your purchase price. All you have to do is ship it back to them and include a copy of your receipt. You just have to say you weren't satisfied. Save your original containers and re-use them.

az3579
08-24-2017, 05:37 PM
Just an FYI, if you buy your oil from FCP, they will take it back when you change it next time and refund you your purchase price. All you have to do is ship it back to them and include a copy of your receipt. You just have to say you weren't satisfied. Save your original containers and re-use them.

You do not have to say you were unsatisfied. They expect people to utilize their lifetime warranty even on stuff like oil changes. No need to BS them. :)

They even have a video highlighting the process on returning used oil. lol

Here is a page set up for all the skeptics. It's full of questions that we all have thought at one point or another:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee#photos

bandwagn
08-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Just ordered filters and wiper blades for the X6M from them today - will see if I'm brave enough to take them up on their lifetime replacements. They were actually cheaper, so I would feel bad expecting to get replacements for these items...

az3579
08-24-2017, 07:17 PM
Just ordered filters and wiper blades for the X6M from them today - will see if I'm brave enough to take them up on their lifetime replacements. They were actually cheaper, so I would feel bad expecting to get replacements for these items...
Some things aren't worth the shipping cost, like stupid little clips that break, for example.

I'm very thankful that I live 15 minutes from them, because this way I can replace anything without worrying about shipping. :biggrin

holyc0w
08-24-2017, 07:40 PM
I still think that policy doesn't make sense. Their expectation must be that the cars won't be owned for too long and most people won't use it.

bvmackin
08-24-2017, 08:58 PM
I still think that policy doesn't make sense. Their expectation must be that the cars won't be owned for too long and most people won't use it.

I think that's exactly correct. They are taking a calculated risk that the margins from incremental sales generated by the "lifetime warranty" policy will outweigh the cost of warrantying those parts. I'm sure those calculations take into account how long people actually own cars, and how many times they need to replace parts twice during that span of ownership (oil changes, wiper blades and other consumables aside).

cakM3
08-25-2017, 02:11 AM
Some things aren't worth the shipping cost, like stupid little clips that break, for example.

I'm very thankful that I live 15 minutes from them, because this way I can replace anything without worrying about shipping. :biggrin

I'm very greatful that Botond lives only 15 minutes away from them too! :drevil

///Mvious
08-25-2017, 04:48 AM
I've found it hard not to buy from them now with their lifetime guarantee and customer service...even if their price is higher than say ECS Tuning....hmmm do they price match??. I also feel like they are more of a mom and pop if you will...who race and are enthusiasts themselves. On top of the excellent customer service and quick shipping, the package their parts very well. So keeps me coming back. Certain things will last quite some time and many enthusiasts will turn cars every few years so the return rate has to be relatively low. Its marketing for them to get guys with nice cars who do their work (like on this forum) to use and talk about them and if they lose a little $$ on a few of these guys...they'll make it up on those that hear about them but won't take the time to return or forget or sell their car. As mentioned earlier, to me it's not worth the trouble and $$ of properly packaging and shipping things like Oil and oil filters...I'll buy Mobile 1 from Walmart and buy oil filters 10 at a time...Per oil change I'd save like $15 - $20 after shipping back, but I don't want to take the time or go through the trouble. I'll certainly utilize the guarantee with things like brake pads, wiper blades, trim pieces, shift knob, belts, tensioners, & pulleys though. On top of all that, they are getting quite a bit of attention with this policy!

az3579
08-25-2017, 04:52 AM
hmmm do they price match??.

Yes they do. Call or email them and they'll help you out.

san
08-25-2017, 04:54 AM
Yes they do. Call or email them and they'll help you out.

I heard they stopped price matching from July 2017 onwards. I did not hear that from them personally but was told by someone.

az3579
08-25-2017, 05:15 AM
I heard they stopped price matching from July 2017 onwards. I did not hear that from them personally but was told by someone.

News to me...
Worth asking them.

bvmackin
08-25-2017, 08:28 AM
News to me...
Worth asking them.

I asked them very recently about price matching, and they said they've discontinued matching in lieu of the lifetime warranty policy which they feel brings value to their customers (and I agree). At any rate, I've found their prices to be quite competitive.

///Mvious
08-25-2017, 10:12 AM
I asked them very recently about price matching, and they said they've discontinued matching in lieu of the lifetime warranty policy which they feel brings value to their customers (and I agree). At any rate, I've found their prices to be quite competitive.

Ok that's understandable and I agree, it definitely adds value (as does their customer service and quality packaging)...I do feel their prices have increased a bit as of late. Specifically I was checking on a Cold climate dipstick guide (I plan on doing the GAS CCV), and it was $20 more expensive at FCP vs. ECS ($97 vs $78).

az3579
08-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Interesting. Well, that's a tradeoff that's worth having, IMO.
Thanks for the info.

daytona90t
08-28-2017, 08:36 AM
FCP Euro definitely discontinued their price match policy. I called earlier in the month to have them price mach an OEM driveshaft CV joint to ECS and discovered this. I was a little pissed off because ECS has the exact same part for $30 less. I ended up getting it from FCP anyway because I needed it as soon as possible and I can get anything from them in two days. In my opinion, on this particular part the the lifetime guarantee isn't much of a value, my original one lasted over 100,000 miles.

John in VA
08-28-2017, 09:10 AM
I ended up getting it from FCP anyway because I needed it as soon as possible and I can get anything from them in two days. In my opinion, on this particular part the the lifetime guarantee isn't much of a value, my original one lasted over 100,000 miles.
You're assuming the replacement will last as long as the original part!

bvmackin
08-30-2017, 02:22 PM
I ordered the wrong fog light (clear vs. fluted lens) and consequently re-ordered the correct foglight from FCP Euro. Once again, shipping emanated from SoCal, and arrived in NorCal in two days (this time via Fedex)....

bvmackin
09-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Ordered a windshield cowl from FCP...shipped from Illinois and arrived in CA in four business days, free shipping. So perhaps FCP is developing a network of distribution points/warehouses to minimize shipping times and costs.

John in VA
09-29-2017, 02:08 PM
...shipped from Illinois and arrived in CA in four business days, free shipping. So perhaps FCP is developing a network of distribution points/warehouses to minimize shipping times and costs.
Drop-shipping from local suppliers/warehouses is a common practice.

Sean
11-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Hey guys, I'm a VIP member and just realized, today when I made an order, that the VIP benefits changed significantly too. Now requires $149 order to get 5% off and they got rid of the free ground shipping. The pricematch going away is a huge blow to me, because I loved being able to leverage the above discounts, along with price matching.

Needless to say, FCP still provides a good warranty. But, I have never been impressed with their lack of velocity to ship my orders. I'll submit an order (like last night) and it won't go out for almost two full days (tomorrow afternoon). That's pretty disappointing. :-\

I'll be having to spread my orders out to multiple places again to ensure I get the best value for my dollars, unfortunately. Because, in some cases, getting a lifetime warranty isn't as critical to me.

I still recommend them, though!