PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Washington state

Luigi
04-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Gents, I'm very happy to introduce myself, and many thanks to Marc Biunno of Roundel magazine for referring me to this great website.
My name is Luigi -- I promise I'm not kidding. So how could I NOT become a ZHP Mafia member?
My pride and joy:
2004 black sapphire ZHP, manual, 68K, bone stock and registered at ZHPRegistry.net.
My wife is an amazing woman who fully supports my weekends in the driveway detailing my car or lying on the cold garage floor changing the oil or replacing those dastardly front control arm bushings, for example! You know what I'm talking about. All the while she's taking care of our kids and cooking and doing a million other things to keep the family running. I do my fair share too, but it sure is nice to have enough time to properly care for, and enjoy, my car. I’m very fortunate.
My wife is also an amateur photographer and took this picture recently, among a bunch of other ones. This is one of my favorites, though.
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h344/luigis1/carside3edit1CR2.jpg
Thanks for reading!

Marcus-SanDiego
04-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Luigi, welcome to the site, sir. Next time you see (or talk with) Marc, tell him that I've missed him around here. Haven't seen him a lot during the past month. I think he's been busy with life, though, so he is excused. Still, tell him I've noticed.

Meanwhile, glad to have you, Luigi. Hope you'll become a regular around here. This is a very friendly group. In the morning, when people start signing on to the site, I imagine the "welcome" comments will start stacking up.

kayger12
04-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the Family.

Enjoyed the intro.

Car looks great. Looking forward to more pics.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
04-06-2011, 03:29 AM
In the precense of a real Mafioso. Man.........

Welcome to the family Luigi. Car is...well.....ummm......delicicious, and perfect. Enjoy it, Enjoy the site.

You will learn tons from the site. We have some of the most knowledgeable BMW folks here....

Again, glad to have ya along for the ride.

M0nk3y
04-06-2011, 04:43 AM
Welcome!

Mtnman
04-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Welcome. And it appears as though the 135 rims have been chromed, so you're not Bone Stock.... just close!

johnrando
04-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Luigi... welcome to the Mafia! We are instant cousins... black car, chromes 135s.. Love it! Very nice pic of the car.

Oli77
04-06-2011, 05:54 AM
Ciao!

:wave:wave:wave

CO ZHP
04-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Very nice ride Luigi and welcome! I have one of those amazing and hard to find ladies too! She says the car is lost on her but is understanding and sympathetic to my wanting to be with "Gretchen", the other woman.

Luigi
04-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Guys, wow -- thanks! I started my West Coast workday some time ago, but I'm just now remembering to come back here to see if I had any replies to my first post. I think the answer is a resounding "YES!" I know individual responses may not be expected, but my obsessive-compulsive nature pulls me to do so:

Marcus -- You've created something really special here. Great work -- and I can only imagine how much it was. To be greeted first by you was an honor and a testament to how much you care about what goes on here. Prego! (Oh, and although I'm Italian, I speak very little of the language -- just enough to remember my heritage.) Also, I'll pass along your words to Marc. I can't claim to be a friend -- it just happens he was good enough to take the time to reply to my e-mail complimenting one of his articles in Roundel magazine. He had nothing but high praise for this website and forum!
Kayger12 -- Thanks for the kind words! I do have a few more pictures to post, then I'll turn it off before it becomes too much. You're a moderator, so I'll watch myself around you. Kidding. Good to see such an organized structure to all of this. Very cool.
Danewilson77 -- You cracked me up! And I look forward to the learning -- and the camaraderie.
M0nk3y -- Thanks -- and speaking of pictures I can't stop staring at ... so nice your ride is!
Mtnman -- You could not be more right, of course. My wheels, yes. Thanks for keeping me honest. Oh, I also have a dry, reusable air filter stuffed in the stock box! But otherwise …
Johnrando -- A cousin, without question. Thanks! Also, we're pretty close to age, if I'm reading your "join" date correctly. My odometer clicked past 40 sometime ago, too. Mostly I'm fine with it, except getting under the car and then back up again and then back down -- well, it's not as easy as it once was, and I'm in pretty good shape considering my age. Never thought I'd be sore so frequently!
Oli77 -- Ciao signore! I need to figure out how to insert such crazy little characters – brightens up the posts.
CO ZHP – The “other” woman, ha! But really, an understanding wife makes all the difference. I’m not worthy most days, but I’m always grateful.
OK, one more picture -- we all have great pictures to share, no doubt:
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h344/luigis1/BMWdriveway2edit1CR23.jpg

danewilson77
04-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Sig pic needs to be moar bigger. Hehe...

Luigi
04-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Yeah, sorry guys. I'm submitting too big of pictures, aren't I? Heck, OK -- last time I'll do that. Figuring out how to re-size pictures is on my "figure it out, Luigi" list! Speaking of signatures, yours is too cool. I'm not so creative, but I'll come up with something.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Luigi, thanks for the detailed reply to our replies.

I am glad to hear that Marc passed our information to you. Marc is great. We're lucky to have him here.

We do have something special here -- and that's because our members have made it so. In some ways, we're the anti forum. We're drama free. We're professional. We're courteous. We're collegial. We're simply behaving the same way that we would if we were talking in person.

Additionally, we do NOT tolerate personal attacks on one another. My motto is that we attack issues here -- not each other. If someone is unable to debate an issue professionally, while staying composed, they're better off not participating in the thread. Our members, meanwhile, buy into this philosophy.

Anyhow, I recommend that you catch up on some reading. Even though we launched this site in November, we have a ton of useful information here. Once you've done that, you'll be an old pro here.

Again, welcome to the site.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Luigi, your pictures are fine. Dane mistakenly thought that those pictures were in your signature. They are not. Therefore, no worries about the pictures you've posted so far. They're fine.

When you do create a signature picture, we only ask that you confine it to 650x200.

Thanks, sir.

danewilson77
04-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Yeah, sorry guys. I'm submitting too big of pictures, aren't I? Heck, OK -- last time I'll do that. Figuring out how to re-size pictures is on my "figure it out, Luigi" list! Speaking of signatures, yours is too cool. I'm not so creative, but I'll come up with something.

Your pic wasn't too big. If that was your signature then it was too big. I really liked the pic.

Sig size limit is 650 X 200....just as a heads up.

static667
04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the family, Luigi. Glad to have another member.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate. Hacked Droid FTW!

Luigi
04-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Marcus and Dane -- Great, got it re: picture size, signature reqs. Thanks.

Marcus, your philosopy, the philosophy of this site and its members -- beyond commendable. I already feel like I'm home. A place where enthusiasts from various political, religious, and philosophical walks of life can set aside differences and get to the true point of the forum -- I can stand behind that forever.

And yes, I've got a lot of reading to do. And I'll be happy to do so. I'm going to have fun poking around.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Excellent.

Again, glad to have you, Luigi. Always nice to add yet another quality member to the fold.

danewilson77
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
A place where enthusiasts from various political, religious, and philosophical walks of life can set aside differences and get to the true point of the forum -- I can stand behind that forever.

Needs to go on a shirt someday.

johnrando
04-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Luigi, props for recognizing the join date but I'm actually older than that! The 1969 join date represents all the OGs of ZHP Mafia, and is the same for every OG. The site itself is not that old. John

danewilson77
04-06-2011, 09:56 AM
OG = Original Gangsta....:cigar

pyreguy
04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the family! Always great to see another jet black in the ranks.

mimalmo
04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome

mikeyb74
04-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Welcome and nice ZHP.

Cadeez
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the family Luigi! Always nice to see another NW'er on here, having to deal with all of these bEast coasters all day gets old haha. Don't forget to keep tabs on the "Regional Forums & Events" section at the very bottom of the main page for info on local events...if that's of interest to you. Right now it's pretty tame, as there are only a few of us on this forum from the NW, but we've now grown by one! Welcome again.

Luigi
04-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Guys, thanks for the new welcome messages and acronym explanations. I'm getting a big kick out of all this. It's rare to be part of a group that really "gets it." And also I've never been so distracted at work!

So, Cadeez -- what do you know? I'm just 30 minutes from you, in Vancouver. (Guys, the mighty Columbia River separates Portland, OR, from Vancouver, WA, and most people joke about Vancouver being a "suburb" of Portland. Funny, but not fair.) Anyway, I'm a BMW CCA Oregon member as well -- were you at NW Motorfest last summer, by chance? Also, will you be showing your car at the Cars in the Park event at the Portland Art Museum this summer, as I will be? Thanks for checking in -- great to meet a local guy! And thanks for the tip to keep on eye on the "events" section. I shall do so.

Cadeez
04-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice! Ahh yes, I see that you updated your location to good 'ol VanTucky! Haha sorry Luigi, had to say it. We're totally neighbors, that's great. Unfortunately I was not at the Motorfest last summer, I just got my ZHP a month ago, had a Grand Cherokee last summer. And I was unaware of the event this summer at the art museum, but that sounds like a great idea which I am totally down for. Where'd you hear about it? Is it a BMW CCA event? Perhaps you should start a thread in the events section about it because it appears that I'm in the dark... Seriously you should, list all the details and whatnot, that'd be fun. Thanks for the heads up, can't believe that I'm getting hazed by the FNG! Haha...

Luigi
04-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Yes, it's a BMW CCA of Oregon event. And if you are a member, you should be getting fairly regular e-mails re: the monthly meetings and events and such. I'll do as you suggest start a thread in the events section with all the details. And congrats on your new acquisition! Very nice.

Cadeez
04-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm definitely a member but I haven't received any emails from them...weird. Got my issue of Roundel yesterday so I know I'm food there. Maybe I need to check my settings and/or junk email box.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-06-2011, 04:21 PM
my issue of Roundel yesterday so I know I'm food there.

what are we talking here? Potato chips or maybe a snickers? :biggrin

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

Cadeez
04-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Haha woops, I meant "I know I'm good there..."

M54Dave
04-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the site! My wife is Italian, she also respects/accepts my car addiction. I think it has rubbed off on her, as I have done some slight oem+ mods to her car which she loves (a VR6 Jetta, it's a cool car, but it is certainly not a zhp)

Luigi
04-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Dave, thanks much. Your coupe is looking sweet! And dare I say you hit the jackpot when you met your future wife -- well done!

Mike V
04-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Haha I like Marcus' anti-forum comment. So true. Welcome to the site, Luigi.

Luigi
04-06-2011, 08:45 PM
It's a brilliant take, and thanks for the welcome Mike! Your all-black kidney grills are such a perfect match. Dig it.

Ricky Reevey
04-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome! There is just something about a black BMW....sweet ride!

johnnyrad
04-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Nice rims Luigi! Welcome.

bcleaver
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Alright--another NW'er! Welcome. All the way across the state though. Am I the only north idaho/western washington member on the board? :(

L0veZHP
04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the Mafia. :drevil

tmdavila
04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Welcome, Luigi!
With a name like that AND a ZHP, I guess you were meant to be here...LOL
Glad you're here,
Teresa

Cadeez
04-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Alright--another NW'er! Welcome. All the way across the state though. Am I the only north idaho/western washington member on the board? :(

We may be a small NW gang...but what we lack in numbers we make up in...umm...rainfall?

zhpnsnv
04-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Gents, I'm very happy to introduce myself, and many thanks to Marc Biunno of Roundel magazine for referring me to this great website.
My name is Luigi -- I promise I'm not kidding. So how could I NOT become a ZHP Mafia member?
My pride and joy:
2004 black sapphire ZHP, manual, 68K, bone stock and registered at ZHPRegistry.net.
My wife is an amazing woman who fully supports my weekends in the driveway detailing my car or lying on the cold garage floor changing the oil or replacing those dastardly front control arm bushings, for example! You know what I'm talking about. All the while she's taking care of our kids and cooking and doing a million other things to keep the family running. I do my fair share too, but it sure is nice to have enough time to properly care for, and enjoy, my car. I’m very fortunate.
My wife is also an amateur photographer and took this picture recently, among a bunch of other ones. This is one of my favorites, though.
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h344/luigis1/carside3edit1CR2.jpg
Thanks for reading!

Luigi! Just saw this thread! Welcome!

- Marc

zhpnsnv
04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Luigi, welcome to the site, sir. Next time you see (or talk with) Marc, tell him that I've missed him around here. Haven't seen him a lot during the past month. I think he's been busy with life, though, so he is excused. Still, tell him I've noticed.

Meanwhile, glad to have you, Luigi. Hope you'll become a regular around here. This is a very friendly group. In the morning, when people start signing on to the site, I imagine the "welcome" comments will start stacking up.

Thanks for noticing. I'm trying to keep up with stuff. Starting next week, I won't be around much again for a while. No complaints from me, though. I take a lot of pride in working hard and spending many, many hours doing so. But it's looking pretty good for the east coast meet.

And to Luigi - it's e-mails like yours that keep me typing on the eve of Mr. Carlson's deadline.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks for noticing. I'm trying to keep up with stuff. Starting next week, I won't be around much again for a while. No complaints from me, though. I take a lot of pride in working hard and spending many, many hours doing so. But it's looking pretty good for the east coast meet.

And to Luigi - it's e-mails like yours that keep me typing on the eve of Mr. Carlson's deadline.

Yep. I notice most stuff, Marc. I'm a micromanager of this site.

VA meet= :fingerscrossed

Luigi
04-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Marc and others -- thanks for the additional welcomes. Very appreciated! And it's a good reminder for me to do a better job welcoming others who are new to the site. Must ... be ... good ... site ... member ...
And Cadeez, you ain't kidding -- this was a ridiculously rainy past six months, even by Northwesterners' standards ...

C Withers Media
04-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Welcome Luigi, PNW transplant here. I have family all over the Portland area, Seattle area, and along the Columbia all the way to Kennewick. Anyways, welcome the site, car looks nice, keep up the good work.