PDA

View Full Version : BMW Coding Downloads

derbo
10-28-2017, 02:39 PM
I thought I share what I found on the interwebz.

This site has one of the latest BMW Official dealership diagnostic softwares and data files. :applause2

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

For those that want to get into BMW "Coding" (adjusting parameters like comfort close, euro hazards, etc) and diagnostics this is a great starting point.

danewilson77
10-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Thanks derbo

Sent from my S8+

CarbonZHP
10-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Woah

derbo
10-30-2017, 12:28 PM
It can find found elsewhere online but its nice to someone decided to keep it all together.

It's not the newest versions but for an E46, there hasn't been any real updates since forever.

I think latest is:

ISTA+ 4.07 (site has 4.04)
DATEN 61 (site has 60.1)

johnrando
11-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Grt info!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CarbonZHP
11-05-2017, 08:27 PM
These datens were successful in my software updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slater
11-06-2017, 04:48 AM
thanks derek, this is a great resource. i'm pretty sure i have this already, but i'm re-downloading just in case. :) (and i grabbed the datens for E83. ;))

i need to spend some time getting to know WinKFP and NCSExpert as i need it for flashing and coding work, like, now...

derbo
11-06-2017, 11:16 AM
If you guys need to update your files with future DATEN files, BMW Coding Tool (one of the downloads there) has an awesome update feature. You point the update files location, the folders it asks for, and it does the update if the file is newer in the updates. Simple!

I'm currently on:

ISTA/D 4.07.13
BMW Standard Tools 2.12
E-Sys 3.26
DATEN 60.1
psdData 3.61.2.002

I did not put ISTA/P due to lack of space on my laptop.

CarbonZHP
11-07-2017, 04:40 PM
I have an issue with BMW Coding Tool on vista. Something about missing a dependency

az3579
11-07-2017, 06:56 PM
I have an issue with BMW Coding Tool on vista. Something about missing a dependency

Just right-click on the executable and run it as Admin. That will resolve your issue.

derbo
11-07-2017, 07:36 PM

why on earth are you still on vista? lol

derbo
11-07-2017, 07:45 PM
You probably need this file:

MSCOMCTL.OCX

Place in C:\Windows\System32

open command prompt as administrator to register the OCX file.
"regsvr32 /i MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Link here: I uploaded this file so its safe. ;)
https://mega.nz/#!lgB3CDzY!7IbrLT5iWHsh0MDfMTYD_HJb3S4XptOoThIwp43 FqFg

az3579
11-08-2017, 04:47 AM
You probably need this file:

MSCOMCTL.OCX

Place in C:\Windows\System32

open command prompt as administrator to register the OCX file.
"regsvr32 /i MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Link here: I uploaded this file so its safe. ;)
https://mega.nz/#!lgB3CDzY!7IbrLT5iWHsh0MDfMTYD_HJb3S4XptOoThIwp43 FqFg

In my experience, those instructions don't work half the time. lol

slater
11-08-2017, 04:54 AM
why on earth are you still on vista? lol

my thoughts exactly! :talktome

az3579
11-08-2017, 05:00 AM
The scary part is there are still people who use XP. :facepalm

slater
11-08-2017, 06:16 AM
The scary part is there are still people who use XP. :facepalm

well... it's better than vista. ;) hahahaha.

at work we have a customer with a few XP machines still... they've got over 1200 machines so it takes a while to lifecycle them all. we've been trying to get them to replace these last XP machines for about 3 years now!

Sockethead
11-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Almost all of the ultrasound diagnostic equipment I work on is XP. Some are still Windows 2000. The newer machines just went to Windows 7

slater
11-08-2017, 06:46 AM
Almost all of the ultrasound diagnostic equipment I work on is XP. Some are still Windows 2000. The newer machines just went to Windows 7

nice. there aren't many of us old guys around that can still work on windows 2000. ;)

Sockethead
11-08-2017, 07:05 AM
I'm still amazed on how much we still rely on the command line... I use diskpart and ipconfig all the time...
When I was working on Windows 8-10 I used the command line and keyboard shortcuts all the time because it take too damn long to find anything

slater
11-08-2017, 07:35 AM
I'm still amazed on how much we still rely on the command line... I use diskpart and ipconfig all the time...
When I was working on Windows 8-10 I used the command line and keyboard shortcuts all the time because it take too damn long to find anything

same here! i use it all the time. and powershell, which is like cmd on steroids...

derbo
11-08-2017, 08:04 AM
We don't allow XP users on our network anymore. :)

LOL

BMWCurves
11-08-2017, 08:06 AM

I am being transported back 15+ years.

704sw
11-08-2017, 08:39 AM

Serious nostalgia right now. I still need to buy some beater PC laptop just for coding, since none of this works on Macs. I made the switch in 2005, and I’m not going back.

derbo
11-08-2017, 08:50 AM
I don't even let XP machines on our network anymore. LOL

Any IT professionals here?

Serious nostalgia right now. I still need to buy some beater PC laptop just for coding, since none of this works on Macs. I made the switch in 2005, and I’m not going back.

I run VMWare Fusion and a windows 10 VM to do all my coding on my macbook. :)

az3579
11-08-2017, 08:52 AM
at work we have a customer with a few XP machines still... they've got over 1200 machines so it takes a while to lifecycle them all. we've been trying to get them to replace these last XP machines for about 3 years now!

That's not as much "takes a while to lifecycle them" at this point as it is "we're too damn cheap to buy new software". XP should have been eradicted from the "usage base" years ago.

The damn FDA regulated equipment really get on my nerves. My response to them would be "Oh, it's expensive to re-certify equipment for newer operating systems? Suck it up, buttercup, you can't expect organizations to be okay with the vulnerabilities you are exposing them to... get with the program!" Too bad this is not how things work... sigh.

same here! i use it all the time. and powershell, which is like cmd on steroids...

Love PowerShell. It's pretty complicated though... I have to constantly look things up and rely on scripts written by others (that I modify to fit our environment) because I can't for the life of me remember how to write the script myself. lol

This is why I started saving scripts that I find so I can reference the commands needed to write a custom script for whatever I'm doing. The collection is growing quite rapidly...

We don't allow XP users on our network anymore. :)

LOL

This. Hell, we're even starting to phase out Windows 7 and 2008 R2 now even though they're supported until 2020. Windows 10 and 2012 R2 (and hopefully soon 2016) are taking over.

Not much transportation needed; these are still very commonly used commands even in this day and age. :)

All of the BMW Coding Software works just fine on a Mac. You need to either use VMware Fusion or Bootcamp to run Windows (prefer bootcamp for best compatibility) so you can run these applications.

CarbonZHP
11-08-2017, 09:19 AM
This is my coding only laptop and it seems to prefer older systems. I just recently moved from xp to Vista on it actually. Its also a very old hp tablet laptop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

704sw
11-08-2017, 09:23 AM
I run VMWare Fusion and a windows 10 VM to do all my coding on my macbook. :)

All of the BMW Coding Software works just fine on a Mac. You need to either use VMware Fusion or Bootcamp to run Windows (prefer bootcamp for best compatibility) so you can run these applications.

I’ve tried VirtualBox, but had issues with the USB throughput. I’ll look into VMware.

I know Bootcamp is the better option, but I have a smaller SSD in my MBPro, and would hate partitioning any of that valuable space. Can I boot to Windows through Bootcamp via an external drive? If so, I can dedicate some space on the external no problem.

CarbonZHP
11-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Anyone know if this daten has Eu2 for the Ms43?

Adi
11-08-2017, 10:05 AM
I’ve tried VirtualBox, but had issues with the USB throughput. I’ll look into VMware.

I use Parallels and it's a breeze. All the BMW standard tools work with a win 7 VM.

az3579
11-08-2017, 02:13 PM

VirtualBox is definitely lacking in features compared to its more fully-featured hypervisor competitors. I'm not a big fan of Parallels myself, but at least Adi confirms that it works. VMware does a good job of passing through USB items. I ran this setup on my 2012 MacBook Pro Retina when I had it and it worked very well overall.

I know Bootcamp is the better option, but I have a smaller SSD in my MBPro, and would hate partitioning any of that valuable space. Can I boot to Windows through Bootcamp via an external drive? If so, I can dedicate some space on the external no problem.

Apple strikes again. :rolleyes
I do not believe Bootcamp will boot off a USB drive.

slater
11-09-2017, 07:10 AM
Anyone know if this daten has Eu2 for the Ms43?

it should... i have one somewhere, i think.

VirtualBox is definitely lacking in features compared to its more fully-featured hypervisor competitors. I'm not a big fan of Parallels myself, but at least Adi confirms that it works. VMware does a good job of passing through USB items. I ran this setup on my 2012 MacBook Pro Retina when I had it and it worked very well overall.

VMware definitely does a good job of hardware passthrough - i've passed through serial ports, USB, SAS, heck even HDMI!

the old backup/DR solution we used to use at work used virtualbox on the DR side. it was clunky, but lightweight.

and hyper-v sucks.

yeah, i agree. don't think it will.

derbo
11-09-2017, 08:37 AM

You can run Windows off a USB but its more of a work around to initially get it working.

There are a few guides out there:

https://9to5mac.com/2017/08/31/how-windows-10-mac-boot-camp-external-drive-video/

704sw
11-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Thanks Derek, that’ll give me something to do over thanksgiving weekend.

nextelbuddy
11-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Derek, have you had any luck or experience with WINKFP?

im using Mikes Easy BMW tools that supposedly come with V53 Daten files and I see the Date files under NCS Expert and i have 0 issues with NCS or INPA.. but WINKFP never shows me any ECU families. everything I read online says I need to import DATEN files but ive tried importing daten files in WINKFP and it never does it... annoying lol

im trying to flash my MSS54DME with a hacked CSL program and data file but stuck at the missing ecu family issue.

az3579
11-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Derek, have you had any luck or experience with WINKFP?

im using Mikes Easy BMW tools that supposedly come with V53 Daten files and I see the Date files under NCS Expert and i have 0 issues with NCS or INPA.. but WINKFP never shows me any ECU families. everything I read online says I need to import DATEN files but ive tried importing daten files in WINKFP and it never does it... annoying lol

im trying to flash my MSS54DME with a hacked CSL program and data file but stuck at the missing ecu family issue.Use the BMW Coding Tool to update the DATEN. It makes it easy as pie and puts all the files in the right places. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nextelbuddy
11-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Use the BMW Coding Tool to update the DATEN. It makes it easy as pie and puts all the files in the right places. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

i tried that too. i clicked update Daten, when I pointed to the DATEN folder in C:\NCSEXPERT. the coding tool says its not a valid DATEN folder. I tried pointing to the DATEN folder and also just the e46 folder.

im obviously doing something wrong lol

az3579
11-15-2017, 10:22 AM
i tried that too. i clicked update Daten, when I pointed to the DATEN folder in C:\NCSEXPERT. the coding tool says its not a valid DATEN folder. I tried pointing to the DATEN folder and also just the e46 folder.

im obviously doing something wrong lol

Ah. If using BMW Coding Tool, that isn't the location you have to specify for DATEN files. It's asking you to point to the updated DATEN files you want to import, not the DATEN directory of where they're going to. Point to the folder that you extracted the new DATEN files to.

I think v61 is out now...

CarbonZHP
11-15-2017, 11:01 AM
I had more luck importing each part into winkfp itself, not using BMW tools.

nextelbuddy
11-15-2017, 01:28 PM
well i did get the Date updated properly using bmwcoding tools.... i pointed to a new V61 folder that i found online. Still didnt solve my missing ECU family issue ugh...WInkfp still shows 0 ECU families when pressing Comfort mode>choose zUSB.

oh well i will play around with it more. thanks guys,.

az3579
11-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Hmm. Do you have anything in C:\EC-APPS\NFS\Data?
Also, within BMW Coding Tool - in addition to "Update DATEN", did you also click "Update WinKFP"?

nextelbuddy
11-16-2017, 06:05 AM
Hmm. Do you have anything in C:\EC-APPS\NFS\Data?
Also, within BMW Coding Tool - in addition to "Update DATEN", did you also click "Update WinKFP"?

yes i have info in there and no i did not click that button after update SP-Daten i will try that today.

thanks a lot man

derbo
11-16-2017, 12:07 PM
what BP said. lol

nextelbuddy
11-20-2017, 01:31 PM
yup ok so that seem to work. winkfp is now updated and i can see ECU families.

i have 2 files which are modified CSL software. Terra modified that so that WINKFP will flash it even though my DME MSS54HP does not have the CSL bootloader.

2 files are an 0PA and 0DA file.

in winkfp I can go to import>Data/Program/BSu NAAB files and select both to import.

at this point i dont know how to actually flash them to my DME.

some other directions i found online:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=1067748869&postcount=111

it shows what to do but mine isn't matching up dialog wise. i'm stuck on step 4 essentially where it says "go to export mode and load the correct files". i went to expert mode but i dont see a LOAD button or option. just 8 buttons at the bottom that say PABD | P.SGBD etc.....

i alreayd have a 12 volt battery tender on the car...i hope its ok to put it on the battery connections under the hood but if not I can put it on the actual batter if need be.

Sockethead
11-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Battery connections are fine under hood...

derbo
11-20-2017, 07:53 PM
yup ok so that seem to work. winkfp is now updated and i can see ECU families.

i have 2 files which are modified CSL software. Terra modified that so that WINKFP will flash it even though my DME MSS54HP does not have the CSL bootloader.

2 files are an 0PA and 0DA file.

in winkfp I can go to import>Data/Program/BSu NAAB files and select both to import.

at this point i dont know how to actually flash them to my DME.

some other directions i found online:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=1067748869&postcount=111

it shows what to do but mine isn't matching up dialog wise. i'm stuck on step 4 essentially where it says "go to export mode and load the correct files". i went to expert mode but i dont see a LOAD button or option. just 8 buttons at the bottom that say PABD | P.SGBD etc.....

i alreayd have a 12 volt battery tender on the car...i hope its ok to put it on the battery connections under the hood but if not I can put it on the actual batter if need be.

Is this a 12volt tender or an actual full power supply designed to keep voltages at full on-systems?

Something that is a powersupply is this: (CTEK makes the OE BMW Chargers; the 4.3)

https://smartercharger.com/battery-chargers/#CTEK Multi US 7002

az3579
11-20-2017, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't do this kind of work with a standard battery tender...

derbo
11-20-2017, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't do this kind of work with a standard battery tender...

agreed. Tender is not designed to maintain ACC2 currents. It is designed to maintain voltage in a battery.

nextelbuddy
11-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Welp i read too late. Already done. Successfully flashed modified CSL program file and data file to my mss54hp dme.

Pulled a partial bin read with BMWflash.exe and then read that partial file in Ecuworx binary modification program and confirmed CSL software is now loaded.

So far dme is not bricked... Have to wait until I get my Ecuworx license so I can write back a modified bin file to remove things like ews, sap, enable cruise control on CSL clone and enable shift lights in cluster.

Won't be able to start the car until I get it all buttoned up. Will update my main thread. Thanks for the help guys.

Sockethead
11-21-2017, 06:41 AM
You should have a charger capable of at least 10 amps for reading/writing to the DME...

Sockethead
11-21-2017, 06:43 AM
Excellent work though! You are a brave man lol

slater
11-21-2017, 07:09 AM
Excellent work though! You are a brave man lol

agreed. i am going to be reflashing my DME with WinKFP for the first time once the ZHP motor is in the Touring... i have reviewed the process and i know it's probably not a big deal, but since i've never done it before i'm a little anxious...

derbo
01-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Pretty disappointed but E-SYS premium is no longer supported or working. This doesn't really affect Exx series cars but mainly Fxx and Gxx.