PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Booster

mikeyb74
04-06-2011, 10:10 AM
http://www.bmw-mania.com/imagesbig/spr2095sa.jpg

So I finally got around to installing the Sprint Booster that I've had for a while. It was a piece of cake to install. The only thing was I broke the small tap that secures the pedal assembly to the bracket. Number 2 in the diagram.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/r/a/224.png

Before installing I vacuumed out the car. After that I took a flat head screwdriver and inserted it into the side of the pedal assembly were the white tab is. Turn the screwdriver so the pedal assembly is loose and it will slide out. The white tab on mine broke and the assembly did not want to slide of the bracket because there was dirt that had gotten into the slide piece.

Once you have the pedal assembly off the bracket you now can go unplug the wire from the back of the assembly. Next you take the Sprint Booster and match up the connectors. Plug them in. After that you need to plug the switch wire into the housing. Then reinstall the pedal assembly. It took me probably under ten minutes.

The Sprint Booster is a really nice piece. It eliminates the lag when you hit the accelerator. I've driven 6 BMWs and acouple of non BMWs (G35, RX-8, and GTO).

Crickett
04-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Wow, very straightforward! Does the switch simply enable/disable the booster? Where do you put the switch?

mikeyb74
04-07-2011, 06:13 AM
The switch does enable/disable the booster. There is two settings with the booster on. Green light is Sport and Red Light is extreme. I've been driving around in the Sport mode. The difference is noticeable. Extreme is crazy. So better not drive with it in extreme mode when it's wet out. I have not figured out where to locate the switch. I'm thinking mounting it in the ashtray.

Crickett
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Oh wow, didn't know it had different modes . . . don't M3s have an "M mode" button or something? You (or someone else w/the Sprint) should wire up the Sprint switch to that button!

mikeyb74
04-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Oh wow, didn't know it had different modes . . . don't M3s have an "M mode" button or something? You (or someone else w/the Sprint) should wire up the Sprint switch to that button!

M3s, e60 M5, and e63/e64 M6 all have the "M mode" button. If my car had the individual switches instead of the one switch the DSC and heated switches that would work awesome.

Crickett
04-07-2011, 12:30 PM
M3s, e60 M5, and e63/e64 M6 all have the "M mode" button. If my car had the individual switches instead of the one switch the DSC and heated switches that would work awesome.
Ah . . . then you just need to find this switch bar
http://photos.performanceIX.com/viewPhoto.php?PhId=1e2ebbbff18209f9cebf2bfe52536a9 8

mikeyb74
04-07-2011, 12:33 PM
That would be cool but I do not have the HK hifi system or TPMS.

Johnmadd
04-07-2011, 06:18 PM
I inquired about one on craigs list and the guy said he was selling it because he was getting shark, I did not get it beause it was the sprint booster without the switch. After I told him that I would prefer to have one with the switch he understood and still said that if I do get one in the future that he thought it was great and definitely worth the money.

Jon D
04-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Just to ask a 'dumb' question why would you do this solution over a full software tune such as the AA Tune or Shark Tune discussed elsewhere? They address this issue and a number of others.

ryankokesh
04-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Because a full software tune doesn't do a whole lot for us 325 guys. At least that's my understanding.

I'll probably pick one of these up if I can find a good deal on a used one...

Jon D
04-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Ooh - was asking cause it's about the same money new.. and if you have done any engine mods the tunes I think would do more for you...I looked at this for the wife's Audi out of curiosity cause there are no real tuner options and they don't make one for here 05 3.0 A4.. but after reading what it does was not sure I would install it anyway

mikeyb74
04-08-2011, 08:12 AM
The 01 330ci that I drove has both the Shark and Sprint booster installed.

Johnmadd
04-09-2011, 07:37 PM
The 01 330ci that I drove has both the Shark and Sprint booster installed.
I understood the booster has no effect after the shark injection as the shark does the same thing.

danewilson77
04-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I understood the booster has no effect after the shark injection as the shark does the same thing.

Mmm...I think it may have added benefit. In for answer.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

webster
09-19-2011, 03:07 PM
sooo...bump!

i am interested in the booster. i love the improved low-end from the shark, but the pedal still seems to delay. clutch feel and shifting have improved since the modified CDV install, but the drive by wire lag seems to be present.

so i'm curious...if i'm already sharkedd, will the sprint booster have much benefit? i guess i'm looking for feedback from someone who went from stock to sharked to sharked+booster'd...that would be great!

az3579
09-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Precisely what I want to know... I too am sharked but still have a noticeable throttle lag that I do not prefer.

sooo...bump!

i am interested in the booster. i love the improved low-end from the shark, but the pedal still seems to delay. clutch feel and shifting have improved since the modified CDV install, but the drive by wire lag seems to be present.

so i'm curious...if i'm already sharkedd, will the sprint booster have much benefit? i guess i'm looking for feedback from someone who went from stock to sharked to sharked+booster'd...that would be great!

johnrando
09-19-2011, 04:00 PM
I'll let you know. I too, need more. Mine is on the way, as they were having a sale. I know many people just say "well step on the gas harder, you're paying for nothing", but I want better throttle response without having to have a lead foot. So, I've got the AA tune and I'll let you know how the SB works with it when it comes in. (I had to return the first one right after I got it due to issues).

Whitexi
09-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I found a used one for a great price, just have to wait for the person to get back home in a couple weeks.

webster
09-19-2011, 04:32 PM
I'll let you know. I too, need more. Mine is on the way, as they were having a sale. I know many people just say "well step on the gas harder, you're paying for nothing", but I want better throttle response without having to have a lead foot. So, I've got the AA tune and I'll let you know how the SB works with it when it comes in. (I had to return the first one right after I got it due to issues).

you da man.

I found a used one for a great price, just have to wait for the person to get back home in a couple weeks.

awesome, let us know how it goes.

Scorpius
09-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I found this video describing what it does (basically just like someone said..makes the computer think you're pressing down farther than you really are). Sounds ok and easy to do, but i'll wait and see if i see a very noticeable change when i shark mine. (added bonus..install instructions as well in video)

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp?HC1=0&HTarget=sc_sprintbooster.asp&HCY=&HCM=

danewilson77
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I found this video describing what it does (basicly just like someone said..makes the computer think you're pressing down farther than you really are). Sounds ok and easy to do, but i'll wait and see if i see a very noticable change when i shark mine. (added bonus..install instructions as well in video)

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp?HC1=0&HTarget=sc_sprintbooster.asp&HCY=&HCM=

I know who said that.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

mikeyb74
09-21-2011, 05:59 AM
I drove a 06 ZHP with both a tune and booster. The booster did eliminate the throttle lack.

johnrando
09-21-2011, 06:37 AM
I drove a 06 ZHP with both a tune and booster. The booster did eliminate the throttle lack.

Good to know. Mine arrived yesterday so it's going in today.

johnrando
09-21-2011, 08:15 AM

BTW, how long did it take for your car to adjust to the sprint booster? Was your engine running perfectly right away or was there a break-in time. The guy at SB said it could take up to 1/2 hour.

mikeyb74
09-21-2011, 09:20 AM
BTW, how long did it take for your car to adjust to the sprint booster? Was your engine running perfectly right away or was there a break-in time. The guy at SB said it could take up to 1/2 hour.

It was right away. No break in period.

johnrando
09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
It was right away. No break in period.

Just PM'd you.

Hermes
09-21-2011, 10:29 AM
I kinda want one

webster
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I kinda want one

me too. between this and the intake, i'm torn. guess i'll just have to get both :shift

mikeyb74
09-21-2011, 12:04 PM
me too. between this and the intake, i'm torn.

I have both...

Hermes
09-21-2011, 12:07 PM
I already have the intake, looks good but I think I'd notice this more on a daily basis

mikeyb74
09-21-2011, 12:10 PM
I already have the intake, looks good but I think I'd notice this more on a daily basis

In my opinion the AFE intake, throttle body spacer, and DAS were a waste of money. The booster is very noticeable. I love it when someone not familiar with the car drive it with the booster on extreme. It shocks them.

johnrando
09-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm having strange problems with my SB. The 1st time I tried it, the engine would surge and rev erratically. The SB folks said to try to flip the connection, but mine really only fit one way. So, they sent me a new one. This one does the same thing, but now stepping on the accelerator with the SB in, does nothing. It's as if it's not even connected. Now, with this SB, I can actually flip the connection over and try it the other way (just to be sure). Problem is, same result. When I disconnect the SB, everything is back to normal. So, I'm not sure what to do. I may have to give up on it. It's such a straightforward install, I can't guess what I'd be doing wrong. Wondering if it's either just my car or because I have an AA tune. Gonna email them again, but I think I'm screwed and will just have to get a refund.

Kudos
09-21-2011, 01:21 PM
So besides the thorttle response, is there any performance benefit in terms of 0-60; 1/4 mi; horse power? At full throttle does it go faster than without, or does it just make up for the response in between idle and full throttle.

johnrando
09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
In my opinion the AFE intake, throttle body spacer, and DAS were a waste of money. The booster is very noticeable. I love it when someone not familiar with the car drive it with the booster on extreme. It shocks them.

BTW, I have the intake too. At the price I got it, I wouldn't call it a waste of money, but if you're looking for any dramatic performance increase from it, then yes, I wouldn't argue that. BTW, what is a DAS?

danewilson77
09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
BTW, I have the intake too. At the price I got it, I wouldn't call it a waste of money, but if you're looking for any dramatic performance increase from it, then yes, I wouldn't argue that. BTW, what is a DAS?

Dual Air Scoop.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

johnrando
09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Dual Air Scoop.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Thanks Dane. Mikeyb74, is the throttle body spacer the one from Dinan where the recommend you use their performance software? If not, which is yours?

webster
09-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I thought i'd put in my two cents here...

I've got a sprint booster and had it installed last year (happy birthday!), and I have to say that it completely changed the way the car drives. It is almost always in sport (green) mode, and the difference in acceleration compared to without it is very noticeable, and so much more fun. Extreme (red) mode is almost too touchy for my taste, but can be a lot of fun every once in a while.

If you're considering- do it. Its a big difference for a relatively small price.

are you sharked as well or no?

johnrando
09-21-2011, 02:12 PM
So besides the thorttle response, is there any performance benefit in terms of 0-60; 1/4 mi; horse power? At full throttle does it go faster than without, or does it just make up for the response in between idle and full throttle.

From everything I've read, it just reduces the lag time that's a side effect of drive by wire. So, it will "feel" faster, but technically it's not.

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/whyitworks.cfm

apridge
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
are you sharked as well or no?

I am not. It technically doesn't make the car any faster, it only eliminates the hesitation of acceleration. The moment you touch the petal the car responds immediately.

Kudos
09-21-2011, 04:13 PM
I know that the fly by wire throttle control "learns" your patterns and i know that the car always "feels" faster when the response is quicker. is the sprint booster, effectively reset the control everytime you get in the car, or is this response even faster with the sprint booster?

webster
09-21-2011, 05:35 PM
i think i'm gonna go ahead and just pull the trigger on this. it's got a money back guarantee and ECS has free shipping, essentially amounting to a free trial. if it doesn't noticeably improve throttle response i can just send it back.

mikeyb74
09-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Thanks Dane. Mikeyb74, is the throttle body spacer the one from Dinan where the recommend you use their performance software? If not, which is yours?

The throttle body spacer is from AFE for the M54B25. AFE is developing a spacer for the M54B30 in the coming months.

http://www.afeintakestore.com/afe-throttle-body-spacer-46-31008-bmw-e46-325i.html

Did you get your booster to work?

johnrando
09-22-2011, 07:26 AM
The throttle body spacer is from AFE for the M54B25. AFE is developing a spacer for the M54B30 in the coming months.

http://www.afeintakestore.com/afe-throttle-body-spacer-46-31008-bmw-e46-325i.html

Did you get your booster to work?

Thanks. So, you don't think the TBS does anything? Does it change the sound? Also, WRT SB, no, it doesn't work. I think I'm SOL, as there are only two ways to install it, and neither worked. Any trick you did with yours, or just plug it in? Strange that mine just doesn't work.

webster
09-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks. So, you don't think the TBS does anything? Does it change the sound? Also, WRT SB, no, it doesn't work. I think I'm SOL, as there are only two ways to install it, and neither worked. Any trick you did with yours, or just plug it in? Strange that mine just doesn't work.

i noticed there are diff versions for auto v. manual, you made sure to get the auto version right?

mikeyb74
09-22-2011, 07:46 AM

My car is basically slow anyways, even with mods I feel. AFE claims 10hp and 14lb-ft with the TBS. I do feel a little difference but not sure if it just all of the mods. AFE intake, DAS, TBS, SB, and BAS hipo coils. I feel the SB was the best performance part I've installed.

There is just one way of installing the SB. Maybe the unit you recieved is defective. Can you return it?

Scorpius
09-22-2011, 08:50 AM
I know that the fly by wire throttle control "learns" your patterns and i know that the car always "feels" faster when the response is quicker. is the sprint booster, effectively reset the control everytime you get in the car, or is this response even faster with the sprint booster?

I would imagine that this is nothing more than a resistor to regulate voltage to the throttle. I don't know the specifics but lets say 1/2 throttle is 6v, 3/4 is 9v and WOT is the full 12v. This thing merely adjusts the voltage allowed through so 1/2 throttle is 9v now. Can't imagine this having any impact on the 'computer' relearning your driving style. You're just pressing the pedal less to do the same amount of effort you do normally.

mikeyb74
09-22-2011, 09:13 AM
I would imagine that this is nothing more than a resistor to regulate voltage to the throttle. I don't know the specifics but lets say 1/2 throttle is 6v, 3/4 is 9v and WOT is the full 12v. This thing merely adjusts the voltage allowed through so 1/2 throttle is 9v now. Can't imagine this having any impact on the 'computer' relearning your driving style. You're just pressing the pedal less to do the same amount of effort you do normally.

You hit that right on the head.

Kudos
09-22-2011, 01:16 PM
So is there still benefit of reseting your throttle mapping?

johnrando
09-22-2011, 03:01 PM
They will refund my purchase. Thanks for the hint on AUTO vs. manual, I just asked that question. He did say in an email that some early ZHPs (which mine isn't, it's an '06) "had the E39 M5 Pedal assembly, which will not work with the Sprintbooster for some reason". So, I'm not sure that's it, but he can't figure out why 2 of them hadn't worked on mine. So, unless its' an auto/manual thing, I'm bummed. I really want better throttle response.

johnrando
09-22-2011, 03:05 PM
My car is basically slow anyways, even with mods I feel. AFE claims 10hp and 14lb-ft with the TBS. I do feel a little difference but not sure if it just all of the mods. AFE intake, DAS, TBS, SB, and BAS hipo coils. I feel the SB was the best performance part I've installed.

There is just one way of installing the SB. Maybe the unit you recieved is defective. Can you return it?

This is my 2nd one, so I doubt two of them are defective. Could have happened though. BTW, how was the work installing the TBS? They aren't expensive so I may look into it when they come out with one for my engine. As I've said before, I know the car won't be fast w/o FI, but I don't mind buying small things that add up to make it just "fast enough" with a little better growl.

webster
09-22-2011, 03:34 PM
They will refund my purchase. Thanks for the hint on AUTO vs. manual, I just asked that question. He did say in an email that some early ZHPs (which mine isn't, it's an '06) "had the E39 M5 Pedal assembly, which will not work with the Sprintbooster for some reason". So, I'm not sure that's it, but he can't figure out why 2 of them hadn't worked on mine. So, unless its' an auto/manual thing, I'm bummed. I really want better throttle response.

sorry to hear. maybe try calling another site who sells it and talk to someone more knowledgeable?

johnrando
09-23-2011, 06:39 AM
sorry to hear. maybe try calling another site who sells it and talk to someone more knowledgeable?

I was told the auto/manual versions are the same for certain years, which includes mine.

webster
09-23-2011, 07:38 AM
grrr

i ordered the SB last night. we'll see how well it works. will report back.

johnrando
09-23-2011, 08:06 AM
grrr

i ordered the SB last night. we'll see how well it works. will report back.

Yup. Curious to find out how yours goes.

webster
10-01-2011, 02:19 PM
installed the SB today and....holy sh**!! the throttle improvement is night and day. i can tell it will actually take some adjustment on my part for smooth and aggressive driving. but overall i'm extremely impressed. i can really haul some ass right out the gate in 1st now. and with the combination of the SB + modified CDV, shifting is super quick and slick. great mod.

installation was simple once i got the damn pedal harness off. i ran the cable under the center console trim all the way to the e-brake handle and then just left the last few inches of wire leading up to the switch loose under the seat next to the rails. still trying to figure out where i want to mount the switch.

kayger12
10-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Starting to consider this...

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
10-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Starting to consider this...

+1

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

johnrando
10-01-2011, 07:53 PM
installed the SB today and....holy sh**!! the throttle improvement is night and day. i can tell it will actually take some adjustment on my part for smooth and aggressive driving. but overall i'm extremely impressed. i can really haul some ass right out the gate in 1st now. and with the combination of the SB + modified CDV, shifting is super quick and slick. great mod.

installation was simple once i got the damn pedal harness off. i ran the cable under the center console trim all the way to the e-brake handle and then just left the last few inches of wire leading up to the switch loose under the seat next to the rails. still trying to figure out where i want to mount the switch.

DAMMIT! Happy for you, but even more frustrated that mine hasn't worked!!!!!!!!

webster
10-02-2011, 02:00 PM
i'm really sorry it didn't seem to work for you. only minor hiccups for me were getting the pedal off and then carefully removing the connector from the pedal harness. the little clips can easily break if you don't finesse them right.

i must say, i'm totally smitten with this product. the car is a whole new animal. i feel an insatiable urge to drive it.

johnrando
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
i'm really sorry it didn't seem to work for you. only minor hiccups for me were getting the pedal off and then carefully removing the connector from the pedal harness. the little clips can easily brake if you don't finesse them right.

i must say, i'm totally smitten with this product. the car is a whole new animal. i feel an insatiable urge to drive it.

Very cool.

HokieZHP
10-02-2011, 06:20 PM
So some of the early ZHP's won't accept this? I have a 2003. Does anyone have this on their 2003 ZHP?

mikeyb74
10-03-2011, 05:11 AM
So some of the early ZHP's won't accept this? I have a 2003. Does anyone have this on their 2003 ZHP?

I've sold SBs to a few 03 ZHPs. I think one of the them is a member on here.

Whitexi
10-05-2011, 05:23 PM
I got my sprint booster today, It is insane. Found the newer one with the two settings used for $130 shipped on CL. I did break the white clip that holds the pedal in. Dam thing snapped as soon as I went to clip the pedal back.

danewilson77
10-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I got my sprint booster today, It is insane. Found the newer one with the two settings used for $130 shipped on CL. I did break the white clip that holds the pedal in. Dam thing snapped as soon as I went to clip the pedal back.

It's insane?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Whitexi
10-06-2011, 03:25 AM
With my auto yes, the delay is very noticable when switching between the two modes and back to regular. Ok maybe not "insane" but really a difference in response.

danewilson77
10-06-2011, 03:38 AM
With my auto yes, the delay is very noticable when switching between the two modes and back to regular. Ok maybe not "insane" but really a difference in response.

Good deal Whitey. May have to initiate insanity myself...

mikeyb74
10-06-2011, 04:28 AM

It seems the breaking white clip is common. Especially on northern cars.

Whitexi
10-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I was wondering that. Its still in place and not moving but im gonna change it._

mikeyb74
10-06-2011, 11:02 AM
This is my 2nd one, so I doubt two of them are defective. Could have happened though. BTW, how was the work installing the TBS? They aren't expensive so I may look into it when they come out with one for my engine. As I've said before, I know the car won't be fast w/o FI, but I don't mind buying small things that add up to make it just "fast enough" with a little better growl.

John, Sorry that I missed your post asking me about the TBS install. It was pretty straight forward. Remove the air box, both upper and lower intake boots, and unscrew the tb from the intake manifold. And then reassemble it.

WOLFN8TR
10-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Found this. This guy went all out testing the Sprint Booster!

http://peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

From all the pages of info that I've read it seems the Automatic guys notice the difference the most.

Hermes
10-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Wow, that guy went all out on his write up.

wsmeyer
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Found this. This guy went all out testing the Sprint Booster!

http://peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

From all the pages of info that I've read it seems the Automatic guys notice the difference the most.

He did put a lot of time and effort into this. I wonder if it was before they put the graph up on there website:

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/whyitworks.cfm

Which clearly shows that all it does is increase pedal sensitivity by decreasing the amount of throw used.

William.

az3579
10-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow, that guy went all out on his write up.

And I actually read it...
That pretty much confirmed what I thought about the Sprint Booster. I haven't used one, but I don't like the thought that I'm at 100% throttle only 2/3rds of the way to the floor. I only want better response for rev-matches, nothing more. I sure as hell won't be pressing a button to enable it every time I want to downshift, that's for sure...

Hermes
10-06-2011, 12:32 PM
And I actually read it...
That pretty much confirmed what I thought about the Sprint Booster. I haven't used one, but I don't like the thought that I'm at 100% throttle only 2/3rds of the way to the floor. I only want better response for rev-matches, nothing more. I sure as hell won't be pressing a button to enable it every time I want to downshift, that's for sure...

I think this would be how you would mount the button to make it quick/easy... Just need to find a way to do it with ours

http://www.motorspeed.com/sitepix/products/autostyle_p417.jpg

WOLFN8TR
10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
One point he made and I've thought about is what if it malfunctions and simulates "Full Throttle"?
That would be sweet!!

johnrando
10-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Hmmm, I may have to try one from somewhere else. CL... that's a great price. BTW, I broke my clip too. Those white "pedal holders" are like $7 on ECS tuning, already have mine.

johnrando
10-06-2011, 03:38 PM
I've sold SBs to a few 03 ZHPs. I think one of the them is a member on here.

You've sold SBs? You have in stock? PM me price if so.

EDIT: Just read the review... wasn't that positive, but said what we already know. It's really about "feel". BTW BP, you don't need to press a button to activate it. It has different settings, from off, to on, to max.

johnrando
10-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Need to add my voice to the SB review now that I've got mine and been able to drive it around (albeit only about 30 minutes). So far I absolutely LOVE IT! I've tried both red (max) and green (med) and dark (off) modes. I'm going to drive in red most of the time. This is the car I feel like I paid for (but didn't quite get). It's hard to believe that the car is not faster because it absolutely FEELS faster. The throttle response totally changes the feel of the car. The kickdown on the freeway happens sooner, which was one of my main gripes. It's very drivable on the street. I have STEP, so it may be different for those driving manuals, but I absolutely 100% highly recommend this, as for me, it's what's been missing with this car. And, go through sprintbooster.us, as their customer support has been flawless, with no questions asked. Gonna rank right up there as one of the best mods I've done (along with AA tune). Why? Because how a car drives is what makes the car, and now the car drives more like I want it, with a much more responsive feel.

EDIT: Adding this: it feels like a "sport" mode for the car (even though I know the STEP has a sport mode). It would be nice to have a "sport" button in the console (next to the tire pressure indicator) with this button behind it.

kayger12
10-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Great review, John.

Sounds awesome. Glad it's working for you.

mikeyb74
10-25-2011, 11:11 AM
John, Awesome write up!

webster
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
told ya! glad it finally worked out. <3 SB

johnrando
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Yes, you did! Where did you mount your switch? And, BTW, thanks all!

webster
10-25-2011, 03:27 PM
i ran the wire up underneath the console all the way to the shifter and then just let the last few inches hang loose down in between the seat and the console. not the slickest install but it's ok for now. i don't shuffle between modes a lot (green pretty much all the time) so it works just fine for me.

WOLFN8TR
10-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Thread revival...

Just installed my Sprint Booster V2 with the mode button. I can't believe the difference this thing makes! I bought the original version that had no mode button and really didn't like how sensitive it made the gas pedal. For stop and go traffic it was kind of annoying. This newer version with the mode button is awesome! Set on Green for city driving is perfect, the car actually seems faster. I also noticed the tranny seems to shift better. It's alot easier to get the car to down shift to pass. For those on the fence about getting one of these you will be really surprised how it wakes up your BMW!

:chuck

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/18/ty9yqynu.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/18/mynegu6e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/18/uzuveped.jpg

johnrando
10-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Awesome Gary, glad you like it!

328ioc
10-18-2012, 03:37 AM
Damn I need to get my butt into gear and track one of these things down.

WOLFN8TR
10-18-2012, 03:50 AM
It really is worth the money. This is how the car should of came from the factory. I picked it up off eBay used for $175 shipped.

johnrando
10-18-2012, 06:25 AM
It really is worth the money. This is how the car should of came from the factory. I picked it up off eBay used for $175 shipped.

+1000 Exactly what I said in my review.

PHZ
10-18-2012, 07:03 AM
how many of you guys that have sprint booster 2 have manual?
how is first gear in normal city driving?

johnrando
10-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Mine's auto. Remember, it has an "off" mode too.

webster
10-18-2012, 09:17 AM
how many of you guys that have sprint booster 2 have manual?
how is first gear in normal city driving?

i have the SB and manual trans. first gear is fine on the green setting, actually i would say it's almost perfect. on the red, it gets pretty touchy. DSC off + SB in the red = one frisky ZHP. you can induce bucking bronco syndrome a la M3 sport button.

WOLFN8TR
10-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Ya that's why I sold my original version with no mode button. I expierenced the "Bucking Bronco Syndrome" and it was annoying.

PHZ
10-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Does anyone have thoughts on the long term wear effects on trans mission, engine, etc on "boosting"?
I know with most performance mods, you give up a little life to live it faster

JKO_ZHP
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330Ci-M54_3.0L/Engine/ES1896923/
Looks like it's for autos only, or at least this one is.
I had no idea about the existence of this. I love the button and lights, reminds me of a nitrous oxide switch I saw once on ricers :rofl

danewilson77
10-18-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330Ci-M54_3.0L/Engine/ES1896923/
Looks like it's for autos only, or at least this one is.
I had no idea about the existence of this. I love the button and lights, reminds me of a nitrous oxide switch I saw once on ricers :rofl

What?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0L/Search/Sprint/ES2523983/

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

JKO_ZHP
10-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Oh nvm then. Thought the link I found was the only one available

WOLFN8TR
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Does anyone have thoughts on the long term wear effects on trans mission, engine, etc on "boosting"?
I know with most performance mods, you give up a little life to live it faster

The Sprint Booster just amplifies the signal from the gas pedal so the response is quicker. I did research this exact concern and only found 1 guy that claims it messed up his TPS (throttle position sensor). Out of all the Sprint Boosters installed that's not bad. I believe they offer a 2 year warranty also.

http://www.sprintbooster.com/index.asp?menu=1

PHZ
10-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Great to know' thank you.

WOLFN8TR
10-18-2012, 05:50 PM
No Problamo...

jayjay_dee
10-19-2012, 12:32 PM
how does it feel with S mode plus SB combined?

johnrando
10-19-2012, 12:34 PM
That's the main mode I drive in, S w/SB on full. Feels peppy! :)

jayjay_dee
10-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the reply John...

can you please fill in the blanks? :)

D only = ____
DS = ____
D + SB(med) = ____
DS + SB(med) = ____
D + SB(max) = ____
DS + SB(max) = ____

johnrando
10-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the reply John...

can you please fill in the blanks? :)

D only = ____
DS = ____
D + SB(med) = ____
DS + SB(med) = ____
D + SB(max) = ____
DS + SB(max) = ____

LOL, I'm the wrong person to ask. I'm 99% S + SB max. I just feather my right foot back for traffic driving. But I'll try.

D only = useless
DS = better, but lack of throttle response is painful
D + SB(med) = nah, what's the point?
DS + SB(med) = probably good daily driving mode
D + SB(max) = again, what's the point?
DS + SB(max) = the only way to fly

:biggrin

WOLFN8TR
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
John your like Maverick, living on the edge!

Washburn
10-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Man I am so conflicted, reading about the SB...
On some reviews and forums, it's the most bashed 'con' of any 'mod' done to Bimmers...On others people rave about it. And then on some, like here, people KNOW that it doesn't increase HP or makes the car 'faster' but know that it makes you PERCEIVE that it's quicker and just enjoy the new throttle response....

So I think i would also like to have a bit more 'direct' feeling gas pedal (I have an auto ZHP), especially around down...I am thinking I might like the green mode for a lot of city driving that I do....

The concerns I have:
Is it hard to install? I've heard out gas pedals may not be that easy to slide to the left and be lifted off like in some youtube videos...
is the MPG gonna sink like a rock?
is the car going to be useless/unresponsive above 5k RPMs as suggested by this very detailed (unflattering) review? (Not that I live on 5k RPMs a lot..and one can turn it off any time, no?):
http://www.peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

So should I Duh eeet too ??? I need some encouragement from the fam here..

johnrando
10-20-2012, 06:20 AM
So, removing the gas pedal is easy. It's just pushing down a tab and sliding. Finding the exact right place/pressure for the tab is a little tricky, and I broke mine. It still works w/o it, but I bought the replacement piece for $7 from ecs. And, the good news is you don't break it sliding it back in so that's a 1 time thing.

The final piece is connecting the plugs in the right manner. You do have to it just as they say in a certain sequence (keeping the door open so the electronics settle down, etc), but it's not hard, just follow the steps.

As for mpg, mine didn't sink at all now that I think of it...interesting.

Finally, the PDF. All I can say about that is that guy can do all the measurements he wants on his Mercedes, I love my SB. Here's an example as simple as it gets: I dropped my car off at the shop for a few days and had the SB turned off before leaving it. Upon picking it up, when I got back in the car, I had forgotten the SB was off and I immediately wondered why my car felt more sluggish. I remembered the SB was off, turned it back on, and voila, the responsiveness was back. It makes a difference in FEEL, and to me, the FEEL of the car is a huge part of the driving experience. It IS expensive for what it does, but a simple mod that improves the feel of your car every single time you touch it is worth it to me. It may not be to others, and I totally get that. For me, it's a no brainer.

WOLFN8TR
10-20-2012, 05:34 PM
The installation was about 20 minutes, that's including trying to decide where to mount the switch. When I installed my first Sprint Booster ( no mode button version) I too broke the mounting plate. But like John said it will still mount without the tab. This time I didn't break it! I've driven my car for a few days with the Sprnt Booster installed.

These are the main things I've noticed. I have a Automatic.

1. Gas pedal is more responsive, green is perfect for city driving.
2. Gas mileage unchanged.
3. A lot easier to get the tranny to down shift to pass on the highway, It's perfect now set on green.
4. The car does seems faster.
5. The tranny seems to shift quicker, smoother. Weird but it does.

My wife drove the car the other day and she said "What did you do to the BMW, it feels faster"? That is with it on the green setting!
The Sprint Booster made the car perfectly balanced. It's the way it should of been from the factory.

webster
10-21-2012, 07:53 AM
my MPG did go down a little with the SB on all the time. meh, i don't care, the improved feel of the car is worth it.

Washburn
10-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the comments, guys..

- so Let me get this clarified for sure: I have a 2005 - will the accel. pedal slide to the LEFT and just pop off, OR will it slide forward and upward, and does it have a screw to be loosened first ??

IOW, Is it like in these videos or not?:
install starts at 1:55 on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgacvHtwjLk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgacvHtwjLk

WOLFN8TR
10-21-2012, 08:52 AM
There is a white tab that needs depressed with the proper sized flat head screwdriver that will fit in between the three black tabs, then wiggle it off to the left. Will post some pictures for ya.

Here ya go:
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee438/WOLFN8TR/BMW/IMG_6897.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee438/WOLFN8TR/BMW/IMG_6898.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee438/WOLFN8TR/BMW/IMG_6894-1.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee438/WOLFN8TR/BMW/IMG_6927.jpg

If you look at the plug on the pedal the pins are offset so the Sprint Booster plugs in one way.
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee438/WOLFN8TR/BMW/IMG_6928.jpg

Washburn
10-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the pics- I will visit this thread OR open another one as I think I will be going through all this ...BECAUSE:

I JUST BOUGHT ONE (Version 2) ON EBAY FOR $183 SHIPPED - ooopss !:eyetwitch

Now, How to explain this to the wifey ? (actually she's very supportive about my 'car stuff')

danewilson77
10-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the pics- I will visit this thread OR open another one as I think I will be going through all this ...BECAUSE:

I JUST BOUGHT ONE (Version 2) ON EBAY FOR $183 SHIPPED - ooopss !:eyetwitch

Now, How to explain this to the wifey ? (actually she's very supportive about my 'car stuff')

Nice grab Washy.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Washburn
10-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks, Dane - I am pretty excited to see how it works..

WOLFN8TR
10-21-2012, 05:48 PM

I JUST BOUGHT ONE (Version 2) ON EBAY FOR $183 SHIPPED - ooopss !:eye

Nice buy! I snagged mine for $175 shipped on eBay.

The wife and I went out to dinner last night and she said "what's that green light"? Busted the gigs up! I told her it was my Nitrous and she just laughed.

johnrando
10-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Gary, I forget, does the nut need to be removed? I'll go check to see if I have any pics.

EDIT: Found one, the nut is still on so I guess you don't have to remove it. I think I removed mine to replace it with the new one w/o the broken tab.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc481/johnrando/IMG-20111024-00151.jpg

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc481/johnrando/IMG-20111024-00150.jpg

WOLFN8TR
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Ya the Allen bolt holds the pedal bracket to the floor. You don't have to remove it for the SB install.

Washburn
10-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Ah ok - I think i got confused because I was reading about a e9x install...

Oh - can you change modes whenever the car is in P, but engine running? or does one have to turn ignition off when changing modes?

I will be getting the SB used and I don't think there will be a user manual etc - hence those rather basic questions; only thing I could find on the SB website is the installation PDF (which I think shows a different pedal assembly from an e9x)...

did you guys get a user manual with it? Is there anyway someone can scan in a PDF or take a good pic of it if it's a small one page thing? Thanks IA

WOLFN8TR
10-22-2012, 05:44 AM
When the ignition is turned ON the SB comes on and you can change it no matter if the tranny is in Park, Nuetral, Reverse or in Gear. To be honest you really don't even need any instructions, mine didnt come with any either. The biggest thing is just getting the gas pedal off to plug it in. Then figuring out where to mount the switch.

johnrando
10-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Gary's right (as opposed to Gary Wright, for you 70's rockers). I'll see if I can scan mine, but it's very straightforward. You can change the mode anytime except they recommend not being on the accelerator pedal when you do it. Just push the button for about a sec and let off fully.

WOLFN8TR
10-22-2012, 10:37 AM
The Sprint Booster is Gary Wright approved!

johnrando
10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
:rofl

jayjay_dee
10-22-2012, 01:00 PM
LOL, I'm the wrong person to ask. I'm 99% S + SB max. I just feather my right foot back for traffic driving. But I'll try.

D only = useless
DS = better, but lack of throttle response is painful
D + SB(med) = nah, what's the point?
DS + SB(med) = probably good daily driving mode
D + SB(max) = again, what's the point?
DS + SB(max) = the only way to fly

:biggrin

hahaha, thanks for the reply JR...

your posts, and gary's as well, are really convincing me to get SB... i hate you guys, lol...

Washburn
10-28-2012, 01:28 PM
I also joined the SB crowd:
My review is here :

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?8216-QUICK-HELP-did-I-get-the-WRONG-%28or-fake%29-sprint-booster&p=212741#post212741

cakM3
11-22-2012, 08:15 PM
hahaha, thanks for the reply JR...

your posts, and gary's as well, are really convincing me to get SB... i hate you guys, lol...

jayjay did you get the sprint booster in the other auction?

jayjay_dee
12-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Just want to add here:

I paid $105 for my used SB and im totally happy with my purchase.

Right now, I have it on RED all the time, and OH-EM-GEE, i love it...

Waiting for my new panel to ship to do the SB Sport button mod...

WOLFN8TR
12-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Nice! Knew you would like it and what a sweet deal!

Charlie helped me get a console for the Rando SB Mod for $60. Can't wait.

johnrando
12-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Amen to bof a doe's posts!

jayjay_dee
12-06-2012, 10:13 AM
and oh, I paid $36 for my button panel :biggrin, thanks to Crickett... :wub

johnrando
12-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Holy cow, $36! Great news.

Crickett
12-06-2012, 10:22 AM

You're welcome! :cheers I might need Charlie's help to find another one if those couple on eBay are gone by the time I get a SB . . .

WOLFN8TR
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Dam, 35 Bucks!! Wow first the deal on the SB now this! Nice....

jayjay_dee
12-07-2012, 11:40 AM
yup, very lucky to have everything less than $150... all because of tips/help from all of you my ZHPmafia brothers...

cakM3
12-08-2012, 03:49 PM
You're welcome! :cheers I might need Charlie's help to find another one if those couple on eBay are gone by the time I get a SB . . .

Not a problem Travis :thumbsup I can hook you up just like I hooked Gary up. I have a friend who parts wrecked ///Ms and he usually has them laying around...PM me if you are interested :thumbsup

Regarding Sprint Booster. I pretty much completed my Sprint Booster/Sport Button mod and tested it out today....I was quite impressed and have to say that if it weren't for Gary's keen observation on eBay, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to do this mod so early...:)

I couldn't believe the OEM functionality that the Sport Button provides and how "Stealth" it looks. No additional buttons to mount anywhere on the car....just seems so natural to have this now...:) I really like using Mode2 for daily/around the town driving but switch to Mode3 (Racing) when going onto the onramps while merging onto the highway....my car becomes alive compared to it's stock settings....just amazing. I chirped my snows in this setting today with DSC on....first time I have done that since owning this car.

For anyone who haven't done this mod, or just get the Sprint Booster...you should seriously consider doing so. The throttle response is something to be experienced...I can talk about this all day long but the impact won't be the same....right Jon (JupiterBMW) ??? ;)

Dam, 35 Bucks!! Wow first the deal on the SB now this! Nice....
jayjay is just lucky right now..... QUICK!!!! Everyone rub jayjay for luck ;)

johnrando
12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
:fistpump

Sockethead
12-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I asked for one for Christmas... We'll see what Santa brings...

cakM3
12-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Travis,

I texted my friend and he has some coupe panels laying around....they will work on your car. :thumbsup Let me know if you're interested :)

JupiterBMW
12-09-2012, 07:39 PM
For anyone who haven't done this mod, or just get the Sprint Booster...you should seriously consider doing so. The throttle response is something to be experienced...I can talk about this all day long but the impact won't be the same....right Jon (JupiterBMW) ??? ;)

Agreed... I have to be honest here, I'm not the best person to post a review, but I did technically drive Rando's car with the sprint booster/sport button mod. First thing, I had never driven a steptronic, nor had I ever driven his car at all. Also, it was the same night I met John and William, so I didn't exactly feel comfortable getting deep into the throttle of his car. And let's not forget how insanely beautiful his car is, I would've been crushed if something happened...

That all being said, I did still drive the car, and I did check out all 3 modes of the Sprint Booster. Let me just say this, when the funds are available, I will also for sure be doing this mod. The change between each mode is VERY noticeable, surprisingly so in fact.

I think the key to the Sprint Booster is that you can't install it and just leave it to Race mode all the time. That would sort of defeat the purpose. The mod doesn't actually ADD any horsepower, or make the car any faster, it just feels that way. So, running it in race mode all the time sort of defeats the gain that it gives you. If you daily drive the car with the SB off or on sport mode, then you can kick it up when you want to play around or enjoy it.

That's my 2 cents on it anyway. Definitely noticeable, definitely fun. Like I said, I'll be getting one at some point.

johnrando
12-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I can't argue your logic Jon but I have mine on "red" 99.9% of the time.

cakM3
12-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Everyone have their preferences when using Sprint Booster. As John stated above, he perfers to use his in Race Program almost all of the time whereas I prefer to use mine in Sport Program 3/4 of the time. The only time I prefer to go into Race Program is when merging into highway traffic which I have to do daily when going to/from work. With Sprint Booster I have more confidence that I can merge into the traffic scheme with the same precision that I have when driving my ///M. The "old" ZHP felt good but when compared to my "Sprint Boosted" ZHP, the old one feels so much slower. My "new" ZHP now feels great! :biggrin

I know that Sprint Booster does not increase the horsepower of the car... tune programming such as Shark Injector, changing out your exhaust, headers, and adding a CAI will add some horsepower to your car. The Sprint Booster (feel free to correct me on this) improves the throttle response of the car so that there is less delay when you press on the throttle. What I like is that with Sprint Booster, there are three settings to choose from stock / Sport Program (my preference) / Race Program (John's preference).

Until I purchased my Sprint Booster, I really had no idea as to how much it would change the way I now look at driving my ZHP... all I can say is that with Sprint Booster, my ZHP is so much more fun to drive! Right now, I'm seriously considering getting Sprint Booster for my ///M! That's how much I love this little device!!! :thumbsup

oh....something to think about....
For those who are not inclined to do the Sport Button mod as John and I did, I still recommend getting Sprint Booster for your car...you will notice the difference! Gary was kind enough to provide Sprint Booster eBay links in the classified section... that's how I got mine! Instead of paying $299 + shipping I got mine for $153 with shipping included....jayjay went this route as well and got his for $100! So you can find them at a more reasonable price....just keep an eye out in the classified section :thumbsup

Doing the sport button mod does require some soldering skills and for some, nerves of steel. :) The surface mount LEDs can easily be burned if you're not careful and not work as a result...I found this out with one of mine since it does not work (Sport mode LED)... William's guide was instrumental when I did mine and I now know how to do this mod....one thing I will do different is get brand new LEDs so that I won't have to "reuse" any when I go back and redo my sport button.

johnrando
12-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Great write up Charlie.

jayjay_dee
12-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I can't argue your logic Jon but I have mine on "red" 99.9% of the time.

You and me bro, we rollin on RED 99.9%, lol..

johnrando
12-10-2012, 08:36 AM
You and me bro, we rollin on RED 99.9%, lol..

:thumbsup

cakM3
12-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Great write up Charlie.

Thanks John :thumbsup

webster
12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
sprint booster is awesome. kangfirmed.

Dave_B
03-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Just read the whole thread... Thanks Charlie... :P

So I'm reading most of you who LOVE this mod are in a STEP, is that correct? I've got a 6MT and am debating putting this on my wish list.

That being said, would you do this or Shark first?

cakM3
03-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Dave,

Not a problem! :biggrin Just keep in mind that Sprint Booster works in both flavors. As you know, I happen to have this in my 6MT and absolutely love it! :thumbsup Seeing how I get to drive both the ///M and ZHP, I would say that the ZHP + Shark Injector + Sprint Booster makes it just as much fun to drive as the ///M even though my ///M has about 80hp advantage. I had a friend of mine drive the ZHP and I put it into aggressive mode and his immediate comment was "holy s***!"

If I had to do it all over I would have gotten the Sprint Booster first before "sharking" my ZHP but having both is awesome :p

johnrando
03-05-2013, 09:03 PM
My opinion is that the shark (or other tunes) provide real power, the SB provides better throttle FEEL. So, maybe that will help you decide. For me, I'd go with real power first (even if it's slight).

Nivo
03-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Here is a graph I made representing what the Throttle plate does when you fully floor the BMW with DBW.

The DME has full control no matter what or how hard you press on the pedal or at what rpm before 3,500, throttle will never be fully open. Even when the pedal is fully depressed to 100% the throttle angle is not 100% but more like 90% above 3,500. You can see that the maximum allowed voltage is 4.5V which would indicate the throttle plate is at the maximum swing at that voltage.

Time and time again I can only get a max of 4.37V and occasionally 4.39V.

So if you want to feel what a throttle wired car feels like stay at 3,500 rpms at light throttle and floor it lol.

I am hopefully going to get a chance to wire in the pedal signal to Unichip to see the voltage swing and see how it matches up. Looking at that Mercedes write up I doubt that the BMW even matches that. The BMW system is much slower then the Mercedes and why we would feel more of an impact with sprint booster.

Here is a mechanical throttle

cakM3
10-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Everyone have their preferences when using Sprint Booster. As John stated above, he perfers to use his in Race Program almost all of the time whereas I prefer to use mine in Sport Program 3/4 of the time. The only time I prefer to go into Race Program is when merging into highway traffic, which I have to do daily when going to/from work. With Sprint Booster, I have more confidence that I can merge into the traffic scheme with the same precision that I have when driving my ///M. The "old" ZHP felt good but when compared to my "Sprint Boosted" ZHP, the old one feels so much slower. My "new" ZHP now feels great! :biggrin

I know that Sprint Booster does not increase the horsepower of the car... tune programming such as Shark Injector, changing out your exhaust, headers, and adding a CAI will add some horsepower to your car. The Sprint Booster (feel free to correct me on this) improves the throttle response of the car so that there is less delay when you press on the throttle. What I like is that with Sprint Booster, there are three settings to choose from stock / Sport Program (my preference) / Race Program (John's preference).

Until I purchased my Sprint Booster, I really had no idea as to how much it would change the way I now look at driving my ZHP... all I can say is that with Sprint Booster, my ZHP is so much more fun to drive! Right now, I'm seriously considering getting Sprint Booster for my ///M! That's how much I love this little device!!! :thumbsup

oh....something to think about....
For those who are not inclined to do the Sport Button mod as John and I did, I still recommend getting Sprint Booster for your car...you will notice the difference! Gary was kind enough to provide Sprint Booster eBay links in the classified section... that's how I got mine! Instead of paying $299 + shipping I got mine for $153 with shipping included....jayjay went this route as well and got his for $100! So you can find them at a more reasonable price....just keep an eye out in the classified section :thumbsup

Doing the sport button mod does require some soldering skills and for some, nerves of steel. :) The surface mount LEDs can easily be burned if you're not careful and not work as a result...I found this out with one of mine since it does not work (Sport mode LED)... William's guide was instrumental when I did mine and I now know how to do this mod....one thing I will do different is get brand new LEDs so that I won't have to "reuse" any when I go back and redo my sport button.

I quoted my previous post because as some of you already know....I purchased Dario's Sprint Booster he had on his ///M when he purchased it. Having Sprint Booster on my ZHP has been a real joy to use... so much so that I wanted to get one for my ///M. When I saw Dario's "for sale" thread it seemed obvious to me to purchse this item. :)

I've had this on my ///M for a few weeks now and have to say I really love the minute changes it brings to my ///M. The changes aren't as evident as they are in my ZHP but they are there. It's like I now have 6 settings to choose from instead of the three I have in my ZHP. For those who own and drive the E46 ///M I can tell you that having Sprint Booster only adds more to the "fun factor" of driving these awesome cars :thumbsup

My preference has become having my Sprint Booster set in Sport mode (Green LED lit) and Sport Button off. I like the throttle response in this mode and on the most part it makes the ///M that much more responsive than it is in pure stock mode. For the "go fast" feeling I really have come to love having my Sprint Booster in Aggressive Mode (Red LED lit) with Sport Button engaged. All I can say is man is my ///M fast in this mode! My Butt dyno tells me that I'm now driving a rocket compared to what I used to drive before Sprint Booster.

My conclusion is obvious in that I love having Sprint Booster, even though it does not add horsepower to my ///M or ZHP, the throttle response has improved so much more with it than when I had my cars w/o it. Both cars are so much more responsive now and this is what I had always wanted in my BMWs :thumbsup

johnrando
10-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Awesome brutha!

Washburn
10-30-2014, 11:01 AM
It does change the way the car feels / responses
I normally have it on green and when I feel like it I sometimes have it on green plus S mode on the steptronic
I don't think I ever had it on red
Wife accidentally did it one day ( I have my SB button hanging loose ) and it scared her

Sent from my NOT bent iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

johnrando
10-31-2014, 01:04 PM
It does change the way the car feels / responses
I normally have it on green and when I feel like it I sometimes have it on green plus S mode on the steptronic
I don't think I ever had it on red
Wife accidentally did it one day ( I have my SB button hanging loose ) and it scared her

Sent from my NOT bent iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

lol, LOVE IT!

FL116
03-01-2016, 08:38 PM
I talked to Charlie a couple weeks ago about the SB, and read through this entire thread. Now it looks like this will be added to my mods list soon. Thanks Charlie :P lol

cakM3
03-02-2016, 02:57 AM
I talked to Charlie a couple weeks ago about the SB, and read through this entire thread. Now it looks like this will be added to my mods list soon. Thanks Charlie :P lol

Any time Bryant! :thumbsup When you get Sprint Booster you'll be thinking why you didn't get this sooner, I know I did! ;)