PDA

View Full Version : Allure of the Automobile/Cars in the Park Event, July 23, 2011

Luigi
04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Hello NW Bimmerphiles. Here's a BMW CCA of Oregon event you may be interested in this summer. And please note the deadline for applying to show your car at this event has been recently extended to April 9, a few days from now. Please come join me, my son and the rest of the BMWs that will be on display.

Last Chance to sign up for the Portland Art Museum Exhibit:
The Allure of the Automobile/Cars in the Park Event
on July 23, 2011
There's still time to join up - RSVP before April 9th, 2011
The official deadline has passed and only a few “lingering” entrants will have the opportunity to register for this unique and prestigious event. If you would like to display your BMW in a car show where hundreds of people will admire it, this is the event for you.
You must respond by April 9th! We have a 40 car limit that will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Your car does NOT need to be a older, or restored model, we are also accepting modern and current models!
For $25 per car, you will receive:
• Registration and parking for one car in the Park blocks surrounding the Museum
• Tickets for two people to attend an early entry to view the Allure of the Automobile exhibit
• Two Drivers Room admission credentials (hospitality room)
• Commemorative Cars in the Park plaque
• Opportunity to buy tickets for two additional guests at $15 each
• Availability of Cars in the Park embroidered hats at $12 each
Event hours: Cars must be in place by 8:30 AM and remain until 2:45 PM.
Check out the exhibit website: http://specialexhibitions.portlandartmuseum.org/allure/ for information about the exhibit.
To become an insider at this event, register by sending a message and a picture of your car to
Brian Cone at ClubPresident@bmworegoncca.com.
The BMW Oregon Chapter is proud to participate in this prestigious event.

Cadeez
04-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm in, hopefully... Just sent Brian a message.

Luigi
04-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey, that would be great! Brian's a really good guy and a fast responder to emails. If you haven't already done so, visit BMW CCA of Oregon's website: http://bmworegoncca.com/. You'll find the Club Events listing there, of course. Keep me posted!

Cadeez
04-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Yeah hopefully he gets back to me tomorrow, it would be the first time showing a car...would be fun. I'll let you know when I hear back

Cadeez
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Looks like I'm all set! Mailed my forms and $$ to the Museum today, thanks again for the heads up!

Are you going to the first drive/tour through wine country? I'm definitely gonna be there, assuming that Saturday is free for me.

http://bmworegoncca.com/club-news-events/touring-events-festivals/wine-tour/

Luigi
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey, alright! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing you there Cadeez. Outstanding!

My wife are going to try to make that event, maybe just go for part of the day, but we've got big plans that night so it's kinda touch and go. It sounds like a great event, for sure.

DeM3n
07-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Didn't even see this thread until now. I'll be at the show as well....in my E30 M3, however. Brian saw the car at the E30 Picnic this past weekend and gave me an invite there. It'll be awesome to meet some of you guys. Look for the Silver E30 M3 with a red cage :)

Cadeez
07-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Per the instructions if we all arrive at the same time we can park together, not sure what time I'll be there though.

DeM3n
07-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Per the instructions if we all arrive at the same time we can park together, not sure what time I'll be there though.

I was told to show up between 7 and 730 am.

Tapatalk...It's what the doctor ordered.

Cadeez
07-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Cool, the invite said we all need to be parked by 8 so I'll probably be there at the same time.

DeM3n
07-21-2011, 09:01 AM
So close to having my car ready. It's at the paint shop having a few final pieces painted.

danewilson77
07-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Action pics are authorized.

Luigi
07-22-2011, 09:49 PM
My son and I will see you guys there. Not sure when we'll get there, but I'll track you down to say hello and introduce myself. Should be a great time. I really wanted to get a coat of wax on, but we just got back from a weeklong camping trip and there just wasn't enough time. As it was I was out in the driveway with a flashlight cleaning up the interior. Not that I should readily admit such a thing ...

danewilson77
07-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Night time detailing is :chuck

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

DeM3n
07-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Luigi, saw your car there as well as a few other Mafia member's cars. I dint get to meet you all, unfortunately, but hopefully in the near future. They gave my M3 a pretty good spot in the show :)

04ZHP_PDX
07-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Yea Dave. You got to be with all the classic/special BMW's! Car looked great too - as your alias states, 'So Fresh!' Great to meet you Jeff and Luigi. Glad we could all make it :)!

Here's a few pics from the day!! http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvBYxXq

DeM3n
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Awesome pics! Thanks!

Cadeez
07-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Yea Dave. You got to be with all the classic/special BMW's! Car looked great too - as your alias states, 'So Fresh!' Great to meet you Jeff and Luigi. Glad we could all make it :)!

Here's a few pics from the day!! http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvBYxXq
Yeah man it was good to meet you guys as well, too bad I had to park up at the end with the Mercedes group so I could get out of there early.

Luigi, saw your car there as well as a few other Mafia member's cars. I dint get to meet you all, unfortunately, but hopefully in the near future. They gave my M3 a pretty good spot in the show :)

They gave you the best spot in the house, besides up on the pad! Nice ride man, sorry we didn't get to meet but there's always next time.

Luigi
07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Matt and Jeff, great to meet you both. Thanks for finding me, as it happens, to make introductions. I really appreciate that. I thought it was a great show of BMW force, and a perfect Portland summer day. Great stuff. Dave, very sorry to have not caught up with you -- next time, for sure. Your M3 had an EXCELLENT spot, and it certainly deserved it.

Luigi
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Dane, I get Chuck Norris approved for nighttime car grooming? Yes!

Marcus-SanDiego
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Luigi, that's correct. You are Chuck Norris approved.

Would love to see you around here more often. Chuck Norris would, too. Make it happen.

danewilson77
07-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Dane, I get Chuck Norris approved for nighttime car grooming? Yes!

Si Senor.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Cadeez
08-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Completely off topic here but Dane...loving the new wheels and the German flag grill stripes! Wherever did you get that idea from?? Haha...

danewilson77
08-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Completely off topic here but Dane...loving the new wheels and the German flag grill stripes! Wherever did you get that idea from?? Haha...

:biggrin

HTC Thunderbolt+TT