PDA

View Full Version : Care for cloth/alcantara seats.

Washburn
04-06-2011, 04:01 PM
What's a good product to clean/refresh the CLOTH seating surfaces that ZHPs come with?
Also, what is the best type of care recommended for the alcantara parts? I know that there's not much one can do on that one, but I would at least like to know the best care for CLOTH parts of the seats.

Thanks...

danewilson77
04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Ooo...I posted this in a thread somewhere..mmmm

Droid! Srs Legitness!

Washburn
04-06-2011, 04:18 PM
haaaaa? whaaaa?

M0nk3y
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Sorry, I can't help you here :(

I have failed

danewilson77
04-06-2011, 06:21 PM
I found a product specifically designed to clean our alcantara....and I made a thread about it...hopefully it wasn't just a post. It might have been in one of Rich's threads though.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

Washburn
04-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Well I guess I found something - this should work for all surfaces:
http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CategoryType=Accessories&ProductId=2969

Luigi
04-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Clean freak chiming in -- one Christmas my wife gifted me the BMW Natural Care Interior Cleaner, that Washburn gives the link to above, and some other car care goodies. It is an excellent product! Cleans very well, pretty much any surface you use it on, and it even brought back the original dark color on a few "lightened" spots on my alcantara -- seat bolster portion. Also, it eliminated a mysterious ring on the cloth part of the passenger seat. And as a bonus, it'll make your interior smell great. Highly recommended, and I'm a picky, not-easy-to-please too-skeptical-for-my-own-good son-of-a-gun on my best day. It's great to have ONE cleaner that can do it all.

danewilson77
04-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Clean freak chiming in -- one Christmas my wife gifted me the BMW Natural Care Interior Cleaner, that Washburn gives the link to above, and some other car care goodies. It is an excellent product! Cleans very well, pretty much any surface you use it on, and it even brought back the original dark color on a few "lightened" spots on my alcantara -- seat bolster portion. Also, it eliminated a mysterious ring on the cloth part of the passenger seat. And as a bonus, it'll make your interior smell great. Highly recommended, and I'm a picky, not-easy-to-please too-skeptical-for-my-own-good son-of-a-gun on my best day. It's great to have ONE cleaner that can do it all.

Do you have any tips on using it?

Droid! Srs Legitness!

Luigi
04-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Good morning -- I found that a little goes a long way. I sprayed one of my lint-free towels with the cleaner rather than the surface I wanted to clean and then lightly scrubbed, rubbed or swiped, depending on the surface. I wouldn't claim that this is best thing out there, I would have no idea what that might be, but I am saying it's the best thing I've used. Before this cleaner I'd use a super-diluted solution of water and Simple Green, and that's great too, but I wouldn't dare use Simple Green on the alcantara, for instance. For that, I'd use a lint-free towel and warm water. So, this is the first cleaner I've used on the alcantara, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Washburn
04-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Imonnagemmeabottle :biggrin
Thanks Luigi !