PDA

View Full Version : Queen City Mafia

ZHPizza
01-09-2018, 06:14 AM
@704sw @Yelkos @SaltyNC @nsk040 @eimkeith @QC_ZHP @Mr Paul

With all the new Charlotte members popping up on here, I figure it's a good time to make a thread for the active ones to communicate if we're looking for parts/tools/help/beer!

I have a fair amount of tools in my little garage uptown that anyone can borrow whenever as I rarely make time to work on the cars. I'll list what I have in case you guys are looking for anything so you can avoid buying a one-time-use tool or paying shipping on used parts.

Niche tools:

Jack + stands
Battery charger/tender
Heat gun
Quickjack 3500SLX*
Angle grinder
Torque wrenches
PA Soft scanner/programmer

*Spenser is not allowed to borrow this anymore

I also have lots of parts laying around that I keep telling myself I'm going to sell this spring:

OE Business CD headunit
OE aux input for ^
OE HK speakers
Door handles w/ speaker grills (HK & plain sets)
e90 autodim/Homelink rear view mirrors (2)
M3 black Nappa leather door panel set (coupe)
ZHP black cube interior trim (coupe)
M3 brushed aluminum pillars interior trim (coupe)
Stripped plastic interior trim, ready for vinyl wrap (coupe)
OE ZHP Alcantara steering wheel
OE leather sport steering wheel (not ZHP)
Center console (sedan, I think...may be vert...not sure but it's definitely not meant for a coupe)
Heater control bracket
OE chrome hood grilles (facelift coupe)
LED license plate lights (sedan)
OE engine pulleys (ps, wp, alt)
OE engine oil level sensor, which I replaced in error
M3 engine mounts
OE Style 135's w/ tires
2015 Mazda 6 Touring MT w/ 45k miles
13 year old cat with dementia*

*I'll pay you to take this one

Lemme know if y'all need anything!

slater
01-09-2018, 06:21 AM
great idea. can i join? :)

i might be into those M3 trans mounts.

i love that the mazda is in that list. :)

704sw
01-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Because of the missing 1x4? I upgraded you to cedar to help get rid of the butthole stank from overflowing gear fluid.

Yelkos
01-09-2018, 06:53 AM
I'm all in!
On top of Beer, I have an abundance of tools (not necessarily automotive)
Compressor
Pneumatic impact gun
Flooring nailer
Framing & trim nailers
saws; reciporcating, oscillating, circular
drills, etc
a plethora of hand tools. include 3 sizes of tourque wrenches
I tend to buy new tools when i have the smallest of home/auto improvment projects.

I'm also willing and able to help with any projects either auto or home.
all I ask for is good converation and beer... Did I mention beer?
we will need beer!

eimkeith
01-09-2018, 08:33 AM
My car arrives today; may need that steering wheel and some HK stuff for the drivers’ door (melted)

- wait; and one of those mirrors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sockethead
01-09-2018, 12:09 PM
I'm jealous! No Mafia members near Charleston...

san
01-09-2018, 12:36 PM
I'm jealous! No Mafia members near Charleston...

But you get to live in Charleston [emoji6]

704sw
01-09-2018, 01:15 PM
But you get to live in Charleston [emoji6]

For about 8-9 months each year that’s a penalty more than a bonus.

BMWCurves
01-09-2018, 04:43 PM
I'll take the Mazda. And to outweigh the cost, I'll take the cat.

I am envious you have so many members around you.

tomnobes
01-09-2018, 06:55 PM
This is not exactly related but figured it would be a good place to ask this question. For a while now my car has intermittently decided to not start but has yet to leave me stranded.. Well.. I assume it's most likely the starter and figured I'll go ahead and get it replaced before I have to tow it somewhere.. Any recommendations for places to get it replaced? I like diys but I think this project is a bit out of my skill level.. As of now I'm thinking Euroenvy is the place to go in Charlotte. Any suggestions are appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fredo
01-09-2018, 07:25 PM
I had a similar issue. The battery cranked fine, but I needed 6, 8, or more attempts to finally start the car. It was the EWS unit. $450 OTD. I suspected the starter initially, and even bought one. It is still in a box, brand new. I may consider to sell it.

tomnobes
01-09-2018, 07:30 PM
I'll definitely be interested. Thanks! May I ask how you figured out the issue was the Ews and not the starter?

SaltyNC
01-09-2018, 08:06 PM
What a great idea. Heck, I'd enjoy getting to meet you guys.

I have an engine support bar and a couple of 6-ton jack stands, four 3-ton jack stands, wheel chocks, etc, some cheap torque wrenches but will likely be buying higher end ones, some Torx sockets, some reverse Torx sockets (E sockets), oil filter sockets (27mm, 36mm), topside oil extractor, wooden ramps good for oil changes (can't compete with lift!), torque angle gauge, windshield wiper pulley, BMW brake pad thickness gauge, a creeper, and a lot of detailing supplies (buffer, hex pads, various polishes, etc.), pressure washer, electric impact wrench, pancake air compressor, angle grinder, a full set of plastic trim removal tools, and two unopened New Car smell trees. :)

I also have a 14 year old Jack Russel that had a stroke during surgery years ago, falls over while trying to pee, and now sheds a pound of hair a day and tries to speak like a human, and he now weighs something like 50 lbs. Yeah, a 50 lb Jack Russel. No, really. Take a white seal pup, replace seal head with Jack Russel head. That's our dog.

I've heard good things about several indy shops around Charlotte. I initially used Nick Brenner for awhile at Lake Wylie Euro near Lake Wylie (close to home and he does BMWs and MINIs), but I started doing more and more of my own work. I also found a guy up near Lincolnton that is really good. He worked with Raj of Besian Vanos fame to help him prototype some parts, and Raj recommended him. His name is Eric Sultanov and he has a website called doctorbimmer.com. I worked with him to do my S54 vanos complete overhaul, which is a lot more involved than the M54 vanos service. He also has a couple of low mileage E46 M3's for sale for cheap, but they are verts. He also buys wrecked cars and parts them out, but I don't think he has any E46 stuff at the moment.

If any of you need to borrow anything, or if I can help you out in any way, just give me a shout.

Salty (John)

SaltyNC
01-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Do you guys around Charlotte have any recommendations for front end alignments on BMWs? The car I just bought needs a front end alignment in a bad way. The steering wheel is like this \ to go in a straight line. If the tie rod nuts aren't rusted solid, I'm going to try adjusting myself until I can get it into a shop. I also need to put in strut tower reinforcement plates and hammer down a mushroomed tower, and put in a strut bar. I'd like to get it aligned properly after all that.

Thanks!

Salty

Yelkos
01-10-2018, 05:28 AM
Do you guys around Charlotte have any recommendations for front end alignments on BMWs?

I haven't had my alignment done yet, I have a shiny new set of Mystical Magical Koni FSDs sitting in the garage. once i install them i will probably have the Stealership do it. they will weight the car and set it to ZHP spec. i think ZHPizza said it cost him about $170.00 at Hendrick.

704sw
01-10-2018, 07:57 AM
Hendrick runs promos every now and then for $100, but that may only be with the purchase of tires.

SaltyNC
01-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Sounds good. I'll go with Hendrick. I'm on their mailing list. I'll look through old emails to see if I can find when they've done the promo in the past.

Thanks!

Salty

704sw
01-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Sounds good. I'll go with Hendrick. I'm on their mailing list. I'll look through old emails to see if I can find when they've done the promo in the past.

Thanks!

Salty

I remember an email around thanksgiving-ish for “make sure your tires are winter-ready...”

BMWCurves
01-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Someone else has said certain Firestone locations do lifetime alignments for $180 or so.

ZHPizza
01-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Damn y'all done went ham on this thing

great idea. can i join? :)

i might be into those M3 trans mounts.

i love that the mazda is in that list. :)

Now those I can fit in my carry-on bag!

Maybe the cat too!

Because of the missing 1x4? I upgraded you to cedar to help get rid of the butthole stank from overflowing gear fluid.

The janky 1x4 with staples hanging out of it held sentimental value, Spenser.

It had been passed down through several generations of...well...it was nailed to the bottom of a christmas tree to keep it upright at the lot.

Lots of memories. Gone forever.

I'm all in!
On top of Beer, I have an abundance of tools (not necessarily automotive)
Compressor
Pneumatic impact gun
Flooring nailer
Framing & trim nailers
saws; reciporcating, oscillating, circular
drills, etc
a plethora of hand tools. include 3 sizes of tourque wrenches
I tend to buy new tools when i have the smallest of home/auto improvment projects.

I'm also willing and able to help with any projects either auto or home.
all I ask for is good converation and beer... Did I mention beer?
we will need beer!

This thread is here to help you with that problem.

And the beer problem.

or solution?

Yes.

I'll take the Mazda. And to outweigh the cost, I'll take the cat.

If the dumb bitch could drive stick she'd be on her way to Portland.

This is not exactly related but figured it would be a good place to ask this question. For a while now my car has intermittently decided to not start but has yet to leave me stranded.. Well.. I assume it's most likely the starter and figured I'll go ahead and get it replaced before I have to tow it somewhere.. Any recommendations for places to get it replaced? I like diys but I think this project is a bit out of my skill level.. As of now I'm thinking Euroenvy is the place to go in Charlotte. Any suggestions are appreciated

A good [see: caveman] way to test an intermittent starter is to hit it with a hammer. For reals. They usually fail by the windings/armature not lining up right and tapping the casing with a hammer will move them a hair and allow the starter to spin. I'm not sure if the starter is accessible by hammer on these cars, though.

What a great idea. Heck, I'd enjoy getting to meet you guys.

I have an engine support bar and a couple of 6-ton jack stands, four 3-ton jack stands, wheel chocks, etc, some cheap torque wrenches but will likely be buying higher end ones, some Torx sockets, some reverse Torx sockets (E sockets), oil filter sockets (27mm, 36mm), topside oil extractor, wooden ramps good for oil changes (can't compete with lift!), torque angle gauge, windshield wiper pulley, BMW brake pad thickness gauge, a creeper, and a lot of detailing supplies (buffer, hex pads, various polishes, etc.), pressure washer, electric impact wrench, pancake air compressor, angle grinder, a full set of plastic trim removal tools, and two unopened New Car smell trees. :)

I also have a 14 year old Jack Russel that had a stroke during surgery years ago, falls over while trying to pee, and now sheds a pound of hair a day and tries to speak like a human, and he now weighs something like 50 lbs. Yeah, a 50 lb Jack Russel. No, really. Take a white seal pup, replace seal head with Jack Russel head. That's our dog.

I've heard good things about several indy shops around Charlotte. I initially used Nick Brenner for awhile at Lake Wylie Euro near Lake Wylie (close to home and he does BMWs and MINIs), but I started doing more and more of my own work. I also found a guy up near Lincolnton that is really good. He worked with Raj of Besian Vanos fame to help him prototype some parts, and Raj recommended him. His name is Eric Sultanov and he has a website called doctorbimmer.com. I worked with him to do my S54 vanos complete overhaul, which is a lot more involved than the M54 vanos service. He also has a couple of low mileage E46 M3's for sale for cheap, but they are verts. He also buys wrecked cars and parts them out, but I don't think he has any E46 stuff at the moment.

If any of you need to borrow anything, or if I can help you out in any way, just give me a shout.

Salty (John)

- Did you mean wiper puller? If so, plz gimme. I have a wiper arm that is not responding to threats.

- Spenser is also an amateur detailer and will probably want to borrow your electric impact for some bolts on his rust bucket.

- I definitely want to see this fatass dog fall over while it's talkin at me.

- I've also heard good things about Eric and he recommended the amazing transmission dude (http://www.transartnc.com/) that I worked on my wagon.

Do you guys around Charlotte have any recommendations for front end alignments on BMWs? The car I just bought needs a front end alignment in a bad way. The steering wheel is like this \ to go in a straight line. If the tie rod nuts aren't rusted solid, I'm going to try adjusting myself until I can get it into a shop. I also need to put in strut tower reinforcement plates and hammer down a mushroomed tower, and put in a strut bar. I'd like to get it aligned properly after all that.

Thanks!

Salty

Has the steering wheel been removed for any reason? It's pretty easy to reinstall it off a tooth and have it misaligned. Super easy to remove -- just release the airbag with a screwdriver and crank the 5/8" (16mm) nut off. Youtube that ass.

I did in fact take mine to the Hendrick on Independence for an alignment back when I got the car. It was so bad that it was getting a steering angle sensor error. At the time, they were advertising $130 for alignment on their Value Service (https://www.hendrickbmwcharlotte.com/service/value-service-charlotte.htm) page. The advisor that I worked with didn't know anything about it, but he was happy to adjust the cost down to $130 for me (from the standard $210!). I like going to them because they (a) know the special specs for our special performance package cars and (b) weigh it down with sandbags to mimic body weight.

I could use another alignment soon, so let me know what you end up with!

I haven't had my alignment done yet, I have a shiny new set of Mystical Magical Koni FSDs sitting in the garage. once i install them i will probably have the Stealership do it. they will weight the car and set it to ZHP spec. i think ZHPizza said it cost him about $170.00 at Hendrick.

You can definitely replace the shocks without needing an alignment. Just mark the strut tower nut locations before you remove and make sure they're in the same spot when you put it all back together.

SaltyNC
01-10-2018, 05:21 PM
- Did you mean wiper puller? If so, plz gimme. I have a wiper arm that is not responding to threats.

- Spenser is also an amateur detailer and will probably want to borrow your electric impact for some bolts on his rust bucket.

- I definitely want to see this fatass dog fall over while it's talkin at me.

- I've also heard good things about Eric and he recommended the amazing transmission dude (http://www.transartnc.com/) that I worked on my wagon.

- Has the steering wheel been removed for any reason? It's pretty easy to reinstall it off a tooth and have it misaligned.

I did mean wiper puller. Crank it down and they pop right off. You're welcome to borrow it. Just let me know when you need it, and how you want to arrange for the drop. ;)

The impact wrench I bought is Harbor Freight, so not sure how good it will be. I haven't used it, yet. It's for my upcoming %^& bearing job to remove subframe bolts/nuts.

Ooow, thanks for the link for the transmission guy. That's really good to know, since my son's ZHP has an auto.

The steering wheel was replaced, supposedly by the dealer. I spoke to the original owner that was a member here, and he said the alcantara looked like a snot rag, so he had the dealer swap it with leather, which is fine by me. Hard to imagine a dealer getting it that crooked and the client being OK with it, but I guess it could happen. I was going to get it on my ramps and count threads on the tie rods to see if it is close on both sides. I think there may be a little holding back of the full story on this car. It's in pretty good shape, but the owner claimed someone clipped his passenger side mirror while parked. Possible, but... And then I noticed that same side, along the passenger side skirt, the bottom is scraped.It isn't visible at all, but it's rough on the bottom. And I have mushrooming on only the passenger side strut tower. I think the guy jumped a curb, and didn't want to admit it. Maybe I'm wrong. I also have a swishing sound I'm trying to diagnose. It may be the auto climate control fan, but could be something with the front passenger side wheel. Yeah, that side again. Hmmm. And the guy never met a curb he didn't like. ha!

Salty

704sw
01-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Tool wise I doubt there’s anything I have which hasn’t already been listed, although I don’t remember seeing anyone list a ball joint separator. I have a Porter Cable DA polisher, a shitload of different pads/product, and more importantly I happen to really enjoy detailing.

Unlike most people, I’m quite comfortable working with (read: messing around with) adaptive lights. I did cutoff shield modding and clear lens swapping on my X3, which admittedly is a little more complex than the E46 from a greater pivot axis. So if anyone wants to venture down that road, I’m happy to help. I’ll be swapping in TRS ZKW-R clear lenses into my coupe in the coming 4-6 weeks, assuming time permits.

One thing to note: after much bitching, moaning, and ass-dragging, I’m actively pursuing a very specific employer, which would put me back in Greensboro. With that said, I’d probably be back in Charlotte at least one weekend each month after (when, not if) I move.

BMWCurves
01-10-2018, 06:18 PM
Tool wise I doubt there’s anything I have which hasn’t already been listed, although I don’t remember seeing anyone list a ball joint separator. I have a Porter Cable DA polisher, a shitload of different pads/product, and more importantly I happen to really enjoy detailing.

Unlike most people, I’m quite comfortable working with (read: messing around with) adaptive lights. I did cutoff shield modding and clear lens swapping on my X3, which admittedly is a little more complex than the E46 from a greater pivot axis. So if anyone wants to venture down that road, I’m happy to help. I’ll be swapping in TRS ZKW-R clear lenses into my coupe in the coming 4-6 weeks, assuming time permits.

One thing to note: after much bitching, moaning, and ass-dragging, I’m actively pursuing a very specific employer, which would put me back in Greensboro. With that said, I’d probably be back in Charlotte at least one weekend each month after (when, not if) I move.

1. How?
2. I really need you on the West Coast.

704sw
01-10-2018, 06:28 PM
1. How?
How h’wut?

2. I really need you on the West Coast.

I’d like to see what all the hype’s about, but them wildfires are kind of a bummer. I’ve been thinking about checking out Yosemite this year or next.

Sockethead
01-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Maybe you can show me how to use my buffer on my car when you come down?...It's still in the box from like, 3 Christmases ago :facepalm

fredo
01-10-2018, 07:21 PM
I'll definitely be interested. Thanks! May I ask how you figured out the issue was the Ews and not the starter?

PM sent. I had my car towed to my Indy when the problem was showing.

SaltyNC
01-15-2018, 06:21 AM
Sockethead, I ran across this guy years ago, and have really enjoyed his videos. He's funny and entertaining, and gives some good advice about detailing with a polisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7A5BCCb7Gg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP-eAddv2sk

Salty

Sockethead
01-15-2018, 06:53 AM
Ok Thanks! I'll check them out when I get home from work tonight.

704sw
01-15-2018, 08:07 AM
I learned a fair bit from Larry Kosilla (AmmoNYC) and these guys. Definitely good videos to watch.

SaltyNC
01-21-2018, 06:38 PM
Our yard is so shady, we still had snow, today, but it felt great in the sunshine. Our driveway didn't survive the snow, and turned into a muddy mess. Will work for gravel. ;)

I knocked the heavy grime off the ZHP, left the MINI dirty, and got my roadster cleaned up nicely except for dirty tires on the way out of the sloppy driveway. After this cold snap we've had, 68 in the sun felt like summer, so we rode around with the top down. Woohoo! We've missed it. Yeah, I know, should have bought a white ZHP to get the ol' red, white, and blue. ;)

I hope my NC friends were able to enjoy the beautiful day, today.

Salty

Overboost
01-23-2018, 03:29 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread but hey, better a little late than never... Count me in on the Queen City Mafia. (I'm in Birkdale) I can contribute with a full array of programming and software for coding if our familia ever needs help and I would love a get together one day, let me know if you ever have one planned.
Disclaimer: I have a faux ZHP but love the brand, just wish I could afford one.

SaltyNC
01-23-2018, 08:15 PM
Overboost, I finally pulled out an old laptop and loaded it up with all of the standard software. I'm going to try it out, tomorrow. If I get into a pickle, I might take you up on your offer. :)

That would be a fun event. Coding day, then go to Kilwins at Birkdale for ice cream.

Salty

Overboost
01-23-2018, 08:20 PM
You're on! I'm on the 14th tee. Let me know if you need any help.

Yelkos
01-24-2018, 04:57 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread but hey, better a little late than never... Count me in on the Queen City Mafia. (I'm in Birkdale) I can contribute with a full array of programming and software for coding if our familia ever needs help and I would love a get together one day, let me know if you ever have one planned.
Disclaimer: I have a faux ZHP but love the brand, just wish I could afford one.

Damn Son, never new you were so close. I'm in Wynfield. just a 9 iron away. or maybe a good 3 wood.

704sw
01-24-2018, 05:27 AM
Damn Son, never new you were so close. I'm in Wynfield. just a 9 iron away. or maybe a good 3 wood.

That’s an interesting gap in club selection [emoji848]

Yelkos
01-24-2018, 05:57 AM
That’s an interesting gap in club selection [emoji848]

both neighborhoods are big so i figued i would cover any yardage discrepancy.

Overboost
01-24-2018, 07:20 AM

Indeed! I can see the Northeast quadrant of Wynfield through the trees from my driveway.

704sw
01-24-2018, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a 9 iron. Not sure the 3 wood can get over the trees.

Overboost
01-25-2018, 02:08 PM
Per la nostra mafia di Queen City:

I already have this european feature in my E46 but wanted another one for my E53. The 73 60 0 000 335 OEM fire extinguisher is nearly unobtainable anymore but I found this Gloria fire extinguisher (72 60 0 140 504) is for the Mini R50 and R53 and is an exact match to the BMW 72 60 0 000 335 except for the Mini logo on the bottle. I bought it for $67.41 USD brand new from Germany and though I had to wait weeks for delivery it was worth the wait. You might even be able to source this stateside with the Mini part number. Sure beats the $300 ones for sale on fleaBay.

704sw
01-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Are you not in Daytona this week?

ELCID86
01-25-2018, 02:21 PM

I already have this european feature in my E46 but wanted another one for my E53. The 73 60 0 000 335 OEM fire extinguisher is nearly unobtainable anymore but I found this Gloria fire extinguisher (72 60 0 140 504) is for the Mini R50 and R53 and is an exact match to the BMW 72 60 0 000 335 except for the Mini logo on the bottle. I bought it for $67.41 USD brand new from Germany and though I had to wait weeks for delivery it was worth the wait. You might even be able to source this stateside with the Mini part number. Sure beats the $300 ones for sale on fleaBay.

Good deal. (Wow dats some clean carpet! 8-0

Overboost
01-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Are you not in Daytona this week?

No! First 24 I have missed in 28 years. I effectively retired from IMSA last year after 27 years and back to back championships. I am so busy with the PCA Trophy East series and Trans-Am series, I finally passed the baton. I have been taking over 100 flights a year for the last 5 years straight and need to slow down a little. I did go to the ROAR at the first of the month but only to calibrate and validate the Bodymotion Porsche GT4 MR.

Overboost
01-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Good deal. (Wow dats some clean carpet! 8-0

Thanks Shawn and that's my truck. You should see the E46! 31840

eimkeith
01-25-2018, 04:12 PM

Oh that’s great.

Overboost
01-25-2018, 06:46 PM
Anyone want to organize a day trip down to BMW Group Manufacturing Plant in Spartanburg? Maybe visit the museum and tour the plant? I checked the website and it is currently unavailable but maybe by the time we could pick a date, it may reopen. Or we could drive west and tear up the tail of the dragon... Any interest?

Sockethead
01-26-2018, 06:35 AM
I'd be willing to head up there from Charleston...

san
01-26-2018, 06:54 AM
Anyone want to organize a day trip down to BMW Group Manufacturing Plant in Spartanburg? Maybe visit the museum and tour the plant? I checked the website and it is currently unavailable but maybe by the time we could pick a date, it may reopen. Or we could drive west and tear up the tail of the dragon... Any interest?

Damn, 3 euro delivered m2’s?

Yelkos
01-26-2018, 07:06 AM
I haven't been to the Zentrum since it opened and never took a tour. that would be cool.
Dragon could also be a fun day.
either way I'm in

Overboost
01-26-2018, 08:23 AM
I called the Zentrum and they are cleared out for maintenance and repairs until February some time. The factory tours are closed due to BMW model changes and the representative told me they hope to reopen that in April. Damn, that would have made a nice day trip and close. Any other ideas?

704sw
01-26-2018, 08:25 AM
I need a couple weeks to get my alignment sorted, and then I’m in for whatever.

Yankeefan
01-26-2018, 09:38 AM
I'm in Spartanburg and would love to meet some Mafia members and tour the BMW plant, it's been on my list of things to do around here for a while. Dragon sounds like fun too!

SaltyNC
02-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Count me in, too. I was planning to tour the museum, and they literally closed it for renovations the day before I called.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of a place within 50 miles of Charlotte that sells refurbed BMW brake calipers? I'd like to grab one tomorrow, if possible. The driver side front caliper is sticking. I opened up the bleeder screw, and it wasn't under high pressure, so I next took off the caliper and checked the guide rods, and those looked good. I cleaned them up a little more and put those back in. So, it looks like it is the main piston that is sticking.

Thanks. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Salty

ZHPizza
02-02-2018, 06:04 PM
@SaltyNC I'd reach out to Dr Bimmer about the caliper. If he doesn't do them, then he'll at least be able to point you to someone that does. He recommended the transmission guy for me after I reached out to him.

SaltyNC
02-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Thanks, ZHPizza. I don't know why I didn't think about Eric. Great suggestion. I also found a place called SouthernImportParts that I assume is sort of like a junkyard, but with pre-pulled parts. They had a brake caliper from a 2005 330Ci, but I am assuming it isn't rebuilt, but just an old brake caliper.

Salty

ZHPizza
02-03-2018, 03:03 AM
Thanks, ZHPizza. I don't know why I didn't think about Eric. Great suggestion. I also found a place called SouthernImportParts that I assume is sort of like a junkyard, but with pre-pulled parts. They had a brake caliper from a 2005 330Ci, but I am assuming it isn't rebuilt, but just an old brake caliper.

Salty

If you want to try a rebuild yourself then @704sw likely has some old rusty calipers laying around too. Hella rusty.

SaltyNC
02-03-2018, 05:13 AM
I thought about a rebuild, but the main reason I was looking for remanufactured is that I also plan to paint the calipers black, and I figure I might as well get one pre-cleaned. Then, I just have to clean up the existing bracket. I really appreciate your suggestions and offers of assistance. You're a good man.

Salty

SaltyNC
02-04-2018, 09:03 AM
I decided to just park the ZHP until the remanufactured brake calipers come in, but I did call this place, and they had a front brake caliper from a 2005 330Ci, so that's pretty cool. They wanted $35 for it. They have a lot of other parts. No experience with the company other than speaking to them on the phone, but posting it here as a possible resource for "junk yard" parts.

http://southernimportparts.com/

Salty

billyjack
03-04-2018, 06:08 AM
Hey all, I thought I'd join in. I'm in the Queen City. Charlotte native actually. Longtime member of the mafia but I don't get on here much because, well I had kids and there went my forum browsing time ;). I enjoy seeing other ZHP's around town although my wife gets tired of me pointing them out.

Anybody have a mechanic they trust and recommend? I've never really had to put this car in the shop but I might have one or two things I'd rather pay someone else to do.

ZHPizza
03-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Hey all, I thought I'd join in. I'm in the Queen City. Charlotte native actually. Longtime member of the mafia but I don't get on here much because, well I had kids and there went my forum browsing time ;). I enjoy seeing other ZHP's around town although my wife gets tired of me pointing them out.

Anybody have a mechanic they trust and recommend? I've never really had to put this car in the shop but I might have one or two things I'd rather pay someone else to do.

Oh hey dude. More red cars running around town. Good. We look stupid.

The only mechanic that I can recommend is Arthur at Transart (http://www.transartnc.com/). Great dude that really knows these cars and barely charges enough to stay in business. I'm guessing his rent isn't much in that area.

704sw
03-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Imola sedan? Any chance you’re in south Charlotte? I see the same sedan heading down Ballantyne Commons 2-3 afternoons each week.

SaltyNC
03-07-2018, 02:09 PM

Billyjack, what kind of work do you have in mind?

There is a good indy guy at Lake Wylie, just southwest of Charlotte, that I've used for some repairs. His name is Nick Benner and he owns Lake Wylie Euro. I've used him to work on my Z4M and our MINI. I finally decided if I was going to own BMWs and MINIs, I should learn to DIY everything, so that's the path I've taken lately, and I've done all the work on the E46. The one great thing about BMWs is the community for them is so strong. There are detailed DIYs and videos on almost everything.

Eurowise and EuroEnvy have a lot of fans as does AutoHaus up near Lake Norman. It's probably hard to go wrong with any of those.

Salty

eimkeith
03-07-2018, 04:03 PM
I can recommend Nick Benner at Lake Norman Euro (or something like that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eimkeith
03-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Or Lake Wylie? I have no idea (what I’m talking about, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SaltyNC
03-07-2018, 05:06 PM
That's my Z4M on the left...near some lake. :) (kidding around with ya Keith)

Nick is a good guy.

Salty

ZHPizza
03-07-2018, 05:22 PM
That's my Z4M on the left...near some lake. :) (kidding around with ya Keith)

Nick is a good guy.

SaltyLol that is awesome

SaltyNC
03-07-2018, 07:44 PM
What's funny, Nate, is that they didn't tell me they used my car in their ad. My car just happened to be there when the ad photographer came by, and they pulled it up front and took that pic. I was eating out weeks later and grabbed one of those regional glossy magazines you find by the door, and opened up the page. It was a fun surprise. I think it is funny how they all have their arms crossed. Either they are saying they aren't working on any cars, or maybe they are all genies about to flick their heads like I Dream of Jeanie. :)

(for those youngsters among us)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJmRgfvUkg

Salty

billyjack
03-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Oh hey dude. More red cars running around town. Good. We look stupid.

The only mechanic that I can recommend is Arthur at Transart (http://www.transartnc.com/). Great dude that really knows these cars and barely charges enough to stay in business. I'm guessing his rent isn't much in that area.

I know of TransArt but well due to the name figured they were a transmission shop... Good to know. Thanks!

billyjack
03-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Imola sedan? Any chance you’re in south Charlotte? I see the same sedan heading down Ballantyne Commons 2-3 afternoons each week.

I am in South Charlotte, north of Ballantyne. But I don't drive down there much, must be another one!

billyjack
03-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Billyjack, what kind of work do you have in mind?

There is a good indy guy at Lake Wylie, just southwest of Charlotte, that I've used for some repairs. His name is Nick Benner and he owns Lake Wylie Euro. I've used him to work on my Z4M and our MINI. I finally decided if I was going to own BMWs and MINIs, I should learn to DIY everything, so that's the path I've taken lately, and I've done all the work on the E46. The one great thing about BMWs is the community for them is so strong. There are detailed DIYs and videos on almost everything.

Eurowise and EuroEnvy have a lot of fans as does AutoHaus up near Lake Norman. It's probably hard to go wrong with any of those.

Salty

Thanks for the recommendations. I have 2 window regulators to replace and the OFHG. And rear brakes.... I really don't feel like doing the OFHG. I've done all the maintenance on the car so far but it's getting hard to make time for everything.

Just did the cooling system last week. I've had the car for 5 or 6 years and started to think either I was lucky or a previous owner had it done. Then the expansion tank blew while I was at a stoplight on 51. Made it home before it overheated. Fortunately the guy I bought the car from sold me all the parts with it, so I've had a cooling system kit sitting and waiting in the attic :thumbsup. It was surprisingly easy. Never had radiator hoses come off that easy before and even the expansion tank just needed a pull, no fighting.

SaltyNC
03-09-2018, 07:39 AM
I hear you, Will. I've got the Viton OFHG sitting on the desk waiting to be installed, but I haven't yet talked myself into it. :) Same deal on the cooling system overhaul. Good luck with whoever you choose. For those repairs, any decent mechanic should be able to knock it out. Glad your car didn't overheat after the tank popped.

It's cool we have so many ZHP owners around the Charlotte area.

Salty

ZHPizza
03-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Bruh OFHG is easier than cooling system in my book. The only thing that sucks is cleaning the side of the engine block with all of the casting pockets.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?19536-ZHPizza-s-red-car&p=524636#post524636

slater
03-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Bruh OFHG is easier than cooling system in my book. The only thing that sucks is cleaning the side of the engine block with all of the casting pockets.

agreed, i think i spent as much time cleaning as i did for everything else on that job.

i think the cooling system is on par with the OFHG, but might as well do both at the same time. :)

SaltyNC
03-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Did you guys replace the vanos oil line while you were there? Thanks for the links. I've been looking at the DIYs. Doesn't look too bad. I need to replace the snout on the airbox that has the crumbling foam. I figured for $11, it was worth just ordering a new one instead of buying and cutting/gluing foam. So, that will be done while the airbox is off.

slater
03-09-2018, 08:38 AM
Did you guys replace the vanos oil line while you were there? Thanks for the links. I've been looking at the DIYs. Doesn't look too bad. I need to replace the snout on the airbox that has the crumbling foam. I figured for $11, it was worth just ordering a new one instead of buying and cutting/gluing foam. So, that will be done while the airbox is off.

i only replace the VANOS line if it's leaking; so far, fortunately, i've never had to replace one on any of my cars.

ELCID86
03-09-2018, 10:09 AM
You guys should get together for a DIY maintenance day.

704sw
03-09-2018, 10:25 AM
You guys should get together for a DIY maintenance day.

Don’t try to ruin this antisocial motif I’ve got going here.

ELCID86
03-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Don’t try to ruin this antisocial motif I’ve got going here.

Lol. :rofl

billyjack
03-09-2018, 09:25 PM

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?19536-ZHPizza-s-red-car&p=524636#post524636

Interesting. I usually judge DIY jobs not necessarily on difficulty but PITA factor. For instance window regulators - easy job but PITA because of the sticky sound insulation. I'm weird like that. So the OFHG seems like a pain to me because of the cleaning and the access to it.

I also have done cooling enough times you know what to expect.

ZHPizza
03-10-2018, 04:34 AM
Interesting. I usually judge DIY jobs not necessarily on difficulty but PITA factor. For instance window regulators - easy job but PITA because of the sticky sound insulation. I'm weird like that. So the OFHG seems like a pain to me because of the cleaning and the access to it.

I also have done cooling enough times you know what to expect.Hah well you don't have to clean up the mess from the leak...I mean...the dealer surely wouldn't do that for you. And then it's a very easy job.

Vas
03-10-2018, 03:48 PM
You guys should get together for a DIY maintenance day.I'll make a trip for something like this.

Nova crew is now just me and Shawn. Everyone else sold their cars.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

billyjack
03-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Every time I think about selling my car I remember how much I love it and how great it is to drive. It's paid off and enjoyable. What more could I want?

704sw
04-04-2018, 04:00 AM
To the Charlotte folks: do any of you have (a) tranny jack, or (b) an engine support bar?

SaltyNC
04-04-2018, 04:06 AM
To the Charlotte folks: do any of you have (a) tranny jack, or (b) an engine support bar?

I have an engine support bar, Spenser. It's actually still in the box. I bought it for doing my rod bearing swap this spring.

704sw
04-04-2018, 04:29 AM
I have an engine support bar, Spenser. It's actually still in the box. I bought it for doing my rod bearing swap this spring.

I’ll trade you a spring compression service in exchange for some engine bar time [emoji6]

I’ll get that wiper puller from Nate and get your other stuff back to you ASAP. Gonna go ahead and plan on buying a tranny jack from HF this week.

Yelkos
04-04-2018, 06:24 AM

Sorry, No trans jack.
I have always just use the regular floor jack. (luckily, I still have all of my fingers)

SaltyNC
04-04-2018, 07:22 AM
I’ll trade you a spring compression service in exchange for some engine bar time [emoji6]

I’ll get that wiper puller from Nate and get your other stuff back to you ASAP. Gonna go ahead and plan on buying a tranny jack from HF this week.

Sounds like a plan. :) No rush on the other stuff. I will probably need to use the engine mount in about two or three weeks, but you're welcome to use it before or after. But I'm not meeting you unless you show up in the unicorn. :)

SaltyNC
04-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Hey, Spenser, do you get HF's coupons? They just did their less common 25% coupon over Eastern weekend, and it seems like I saw something about bike lifts on sale. They had some good deals this past weekend. I have a 20% coupon that is valid now, if you need it.

704sw
04-04-2018, 08:45 AM
Sounds like a plan. :) No rush on the other stuff. I will probably need to use the engine mount in about two or three weeks, but you're welcome to use it before or after. But I'm not meeting you unless you show up in the unicorn. :)

Hey, Spenser, do you get HF's coupons? They just did their less common 25% coupon over Eastern weekend, and it seems like I saw something about bike lifts on sale. They had some good deals this past weekend. I have a 20% coupon that is valid now, if you need it.

Okay I’m not in a huge rush. I’ve been sitting on the leaking OPG for a while, so after is just fine. And if you want a hand with anything just let me know.

I think I still have a HF coupon, but I’ll verify during lunch.

704sw
04-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Follow-up @SaltyNC I cannot find my HF coupon anymore. Lol wanna meet at the Thai place again?

SaltyNC
04-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Follow-up @SaltyNC I cannot find my HF coupon anymore. Lol wanna meet at the Thai place again?

Hey, I was just looking at the fine print on the 20% off coupon with a magnifying glass 'cause it's freakin' tiny print (and I'm old), and it excludes basically all of HF's better brands (Hercules, Earthquake, etc.) and it said it excluded "floor jacks." What do you think? I wonder if it will work on the trans jack.

BTW, you can text TOOLS6 to 222377 and get a 20% coupon from HF.

Either way, if you want the paper coupon, I could go for some nam prik pao. LOL

Edit: I'm actually going to HF to see if they have slim/swivel Braun LED work lights back in stock. They were out and I have a coupon for the swivel light for $19, regularly $29. I can ask them to check if the 20% will work on the trans jack. I'll probably go to HF around lunch time.

pedro2u
04-05-2018, 05:41 AM
Thanks SaltyNC for the HF text tip! Just signed up

ZHPizza
10-02-2018, 01:25 PM
https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/locations/1984324-carolina-motorsports-park

the red rocket is registered

ZHPizza
02-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Anyone have an extra thermostat laying around? Just realized that the one on my wife's car is stuck open. I'm leaving town Monday and can't find a non-autozone-shit one on a Sunday so I can change it before I leave. Womp.

Yelkos
02-03-2019, 05:55 AM
Sorry man, no dice.
try NAPA they are open on Sundays
not great, but better than the 'Zone.

Thatguy_JZ
03-18-2019, 10:58 AM
Shout out from Winston Salem. I lived in Charlotte for 12 years but moved back in 2015. Maybe I'll see you guys around

tomnobes
03-19-2019, 08:29 AM
Shout out from Winston Salem. I lived in Charlotte for 12 years but moved back in 2015. Maybe I'll see you guys around[emoji106] I go back and forth from Charlotte to Raleigh/Cary area. Maybe we will have another meet up one of these days

EHG3
04-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Let's have a QC meet one afternoon. I'd like to meet my ZHP neighbors.

tomnobes
04-26-2019, 01:26 PM
I'm down. I'll be heading back to Raleigh here in another month or two but I'd even drive back to Charlotte for a weekend to meet up with people

Thatguy_JZ
05-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Anyone around Winston/Greensboro/High Point familiar with coding?

704sw
05-19-2019, 06:49 AM
Anyone around Winston/Greensboro/High Point familiar with coding?

What are you hoping to do?

Thatguy_JZ
05-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Minimum - active OEM alarm, disable DRL, disable auto door locks when driving.

Also, Euro coding corner lights off, comfort open/close windows, triple blink signals, and playing with some other little features.

Down the road deleting SAP and/or running headers without CEL's would be nice.

I have a laptop ready with a fresh Win 7 install (XP wasn't supported by hardware) and XP mode installed. I also have the cable I need but haven't gotten around to getting it all set up. Like on the cable do I have to solder pins 7&8 together?

I really just need time to sit down and get it all figured out with the thread here. Didn't know of anyone local could help.

Thatguy_JZ
05-30-2019, 05:31 PM
FWIW I had some time today to sit down and get everything together. It all seems to be working smooth. So far I've re-coded my GM5 for my alarm and a few other little features. Will work on my lighting module tomorrow.

If anyone in the Triad area needs anything coded give me a shout.

Also I have a MIS RTAB bushing tool available for sale or rent if anyone plans on doing bushings soon

Galapolis
12-25-2019, 05:21 PM
Elon/Burlington chiming in. Just signed up on the forums and wanted make my presence known. I don't really have special tools or parts to offer, but I do speak German if anyone ever needs that for a diagnosis or whatnot.

johnrando
12-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Elon/Burlington chiming in. Just signed up on the forums and wanted make my presence known. I don't really have special tools or parts to offer, but I do speak German if anyone ever needs that for a diagnosis or whatnot.Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZHPizza
01-15-2020, 12:22 PM
2020 CCR SCCA Autocross Schedule:

AX1. Feb 22nd. ZMax Dragway
AX2 March 7th. Michelin Proving Grounds
AX3. April 11 and 12th. ZMax Dragway
AX4. May 30th. ZMax Dragway
AX5. June 20 and 21st. ZMax Dragway
AX6. July 25th. ZMax Dragway
AX7. Sept 19th. ZMax Dragway
AX8. Oct. 17th. ZMax Dragway
AX9. Nov 14th and 15th. ZMax Dragway. (charity event)

Galapolis
01-21-2020, 05:37 PM
I've been meaning to attend one of the ZMax autocross events. A guy at my local autocross highly recommended it.

Also, I have a question. I know rolling the (rear) fenders on our cars is notoriously hard with the gunk and all. Then there is the issue of rust after rolling. Does someone know a good shop somewhere in NC that can properly roll E46 fenders?

ZHPizza
01-21-2020, 05:52 PM
I've been meaning to attend one of the ZMax autocross events. A guy at my local autocross highly recommended it.

Also, I have a question. I know rolling the (rear) fenders on our cars is notoriously hard with the gunk and all. Then there is the issue of rust after rolling. Does someone know a good shop somewhere in NC that can properly roll E46 fenders?The zmax courses are great since it's such a massive space. We'll definitely get together for a few this summer.

I think I have a fender roller in the garage if you want to try it out. I rolled mine and it wasn't enough so I ended up cutting the lip completely off and sealing the edge with POR-15. It should be in my build thread.

Galapolis
01-22-2020, 11:40 AM
Rolling fenders myself might not be the best idea but I'll certainly keep the option in mind.

I did see the cutting part in your build thread. I'd be interested to see how it holds up over time.

ZHPizza
02-07-2020, 08:25 AM
Anybody want these seats?

https://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/d/greer-bmw-e46-sport-seats-pair-blue/7070083796.html

I want the manual bases off of them and would happily swap my power bases on. I also have enough spare parts (pulls, etc) to repair them. If someone wants to pick them up and bring them to Charlotte, in an hour they'll be repaired and powered.

ZHPizza
03-13-2020, 09:31 AM
Some new additions to the special tool set in my garage include:

Engine support bar (for that damn oil pan gasket project)
RTAB removal/install tool
Subframe bushing removal tool
Rear axle bushing tool
Kickass spring compressor
more shit that I can't remember buying

edit: oh and a bigass impact gun that'll rip ur nuts off

RUS_ZHP
03-13-2020, 10:30 AM
Some new additions to the special tool set in my garage include:

Engine support bar (for that damn oil pan gasket project)
RTAB removal/install tool
Subframe bushing removal tool
Rear axle bushing tool
Kickass spring compressor
more shit that I can't remember buyingHave you ever considered moving to Boston? We have that Sam Adam's Red Brick that you cannot buy anywhere else.
We also have a lot of sweet pot holes, so your bushing tools will be busy-:))))

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

johnrando
03-13-2020, 11:13 AM
Nice list!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

ZHPizza
03-13-2020, 12:36 PM
Have you ever considered moving to Boston? We have that Sam Adam's Red Brick that you cannot buy anywhere else.
We also have a lot of sweet pot holes, so your bushing tools will be busy-:))))

f

u

c

k
s

n

o

w

Overboost
03-13-2020, 04:09 PM
Doing my RTAB tomorrow morning. Replacing with factory non-m bushings and ECS limiters. I bought the BavAuto tool for the job. I don't think I have the room needed up on the QuickJack to get to the mounting flange so back to floorjack and jack stands. :facepalm

ZHPizza
03-13-2020, 04:15 PM
Doing my RTAB tomorrow morning. Replacing with factory non-m bushings and ECS limiters. I bought the BavAuto tool for the job. I don't think I have the room needed up on the QuickJack to get to the mounting flange so back to floorjack and jack stands. :facepalmYo I'm meeting @704sw and @Galapolis at LKQ tomorrow to strip down a ZHP that just came in. You need anything for the whip?

Overboost
03-13-2020, 04:25 PM
Which LKQ and what time? I would love to meet up and join you guys!

ZHPizza
03-13-2020, 04:29 PM
Which LKQ and what time? I would love to meet up and join you guys!3pm bruh

LKQ Self Service - Charlotte
3900 Chesapeake Dr, Charlotte, NC 28216
(800) 962-2277
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6gYh5Vd4C9FVyhmH8

704sw
03-13-2020, 04:31 PM
Which LKQ and what time? I would love to meet up and join you guys!

Ain’t no party like a junk yard party

Overboost
03-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Ok I'm down. Providing I have the RTAB's done. I have to pick up the wife at 4:30 so probably won't be able to spend the entire day with you guys but at least we can put some faces to the Mafia members. Not sure I really need anything but once I'm there I could look at what you guys don't claim. :dunno:

Overboost
03-13-2020, 04:37 PM
Ain’t no party like a junk yard partyOnly one thing that I know would be better is a day together wrenching on our whips. :thumbup

fredo
03-13-2020, 04:51 PM
Sounds like fun. Hope you can grab some goodies. Details of the fallen ZHP ?

Edit : found it. Looks like she has BMW all weather mats. If no one else is interested, pls grab the rear mats for me.

Galapolis
03-13-2020, 06:49 PM
Speaking of RTABs, I may be redoing mine soon. The squeaky poly stuff is driving me nuts. OEM + limiters is the way to go.

For tomorrow, I may actually arrive a little earlier. Maybe 2-2:30pm and stand next to the ZHP so that nobody gets any funny ideas about taking our parts.

ZHPizza
03-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Sounds like fun. Hope you can grab some goodies. Details of the fallen ZHP ?

Edit : found it. Looks like she has BMW all weather mats. If no one else is interested, pls grab the rear mats for me.We on it bro
Speaking of RTABs, I may be redoing mine soon. The squeaky poly stuff is driving me nuts. OEM + limiters is the way to go.

For tomorrow, I may actually arrive a little earlier. Maybe 2-2:30pm and stand next to the ZHP so that nobody gets any funny ideas about taking our parts.Poly really is a bad choice for that socket as it's not a single axis rotation. It needs to twist to function correctly so the only actual options are oe rubber or spherical ball joint.

I ran ball joints for a bit and my god the rear end felt amazing but I didn't like the loud crashing on leading edges. I have oe rubber + limiters now but want to try the ball joints again soon.

Overboost
03-14-2020, 02:54 PM
Thanks for inviting me out to the junk yard party today with you guys. I really enjoyed browsing the lot of raped and destroyed BMWs, meeting the guys and putting some faces behind the postings. We should get together more often.

Thatguy_JZ
03-14-2020, 05:03 PM

For tomorrow, I may actually arrive a little earlier. Maybe 2-2:30pm and stand next to the ZHP so that nobody gets any funny ideas about taking our parts.I have the RTAB tool and I'm in high point if you need to borrow it. Just pm me

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Galapolis
08-21-2020, 12:23 PM
Yo Pizzaman, u up for this challenge on Saturday the 29th?

ZHPizza
08-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Yo Pizzaman, u up for this challenge on Saturday the 29th?

37099I'll be at the usnwc Saturday, but maybe Sunday? Lemme see if I can get the red car rolling by then.

Galapolis
08-21-2020, 07:57 PM
Brandon wants to try that German restaurant I keep pestering him about and unfortunately it's closed on Sundays. Very un-German of them but in any case, how does Saturday the 5th sound?

ZHPizza
08-21-2020, 08:04 PM
Brandon wants to try that German restaurant I keep pestering him about and unfortunately it's closed on Sundays. Very un-German of them but in any case, how does Saturday the 5th sound?5th looks good for now - there is an autocross in Asheville that day that I wouldn't mind doing too.

What German restaurant are y'all on? Waldhorn?

Galapolis
08-21-2020, 08:09 PM
5th looks good for now - there is an autocross in Asheville that day that I wouldn't mind doing too.

What German restaurant are y'all on? Waldhorn?

Yeah Waldhorn. Asheville seems kind of far just for Autocross. Is there something special about that one? A couple of my buddies and I have been planning a Tail trip for what seems like an eternity now. I've really just been waiting to at least get the suspension in, although I've become more paranoid about my RACP in recent months. Judging by my last two visits I tend to push just a little too much sometimes, not sure how much longer my mounts will tolerate that...

t.er
08-21-2020, 08:17 PM
2 things:

- I'm jealous of how close y'all are to each other
- I'm jealous of how (relatively) close y'all are to Tail of the Dragon

that will be all.

ZHPizza
08-21-2020, 08:32 PM
Yeah Waldhorn. Asheville seems kind of far just for Autocross. Is there something special about that one? A couple of my buddies and I have been planning a Tail trip for what seems like an eternity now. I've really just been waiting to at least get the suspension in, although I've become more paranoid about my RACP in recent months. Judging by my last two visits I tend to push just a little too much sometimes, not sure how much longer my mounts will tolerate that...Waldhorn has a killer Sunday brunch, but I don't know what their Covid situation is. I just like any excuse to go to Asheville and it's only about 2 hours from me. We'll text and figure something out.
2 things:

- I'm jealous of how close y'all are to each other
- I'm jealous of how (relatively) close y'all are to Tail of the Dragon

that will be all.Two other positives for NC:

- We get like two days of snow a year and it's more economical for the state to just close for the day instead of keeping an entire fleet of plows on hand so we sometimes get snow days even as adults. It's wonderful.

- We have an excellent privatized healthcare system that will let you die in the street to protect their profits. It's our patriotic duty.

BMWCurves
08-21-2020, 09:05 PM
- We get like two days of snow a year and it's more economical for the state to just close for the day instead of keeping an entire fleet of plows on hand so we sometimes get snow days even as adults. It's wonderful.

https://i.imgur.com/gPsHdso.gif

- We have an excellent privatized healthcare system that will let you die in the street to protect their profits. It's our patriotic duty.

https://i.imgur.com/m9NtCf3.gif

As someone going into medicine...I got some real bones to pick with the U.S. healthcare system.

holyc0w
08-22-2020, 05:48 AM

https://youtu.be/kxuBhemD3nk?t=17

RUS_ZHP
12-17-2021, 09:10 AM
Hello Queen City mafia!

Since the end of November 2021, this group became bigger by two zhp.
Yes, I am officially a part since lease for apartment was signed on.
Unfortunately, due to the move, I had to sell many of the tools. However, I am planning to get my own place in NC, where some car wrenching can take place.

Please welcome two cars:
1. 2005 fully swapped zhp touring.
2. 2005 factory zhp sedan.
Cars still have incorrect license plates, but that will be changed January-February of 2022.

Both pictures were taking during the move.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211217/ce3c628dbf1681cba3d38092572f06c8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211217/342873ac4c9251f92e899f4d37683d59.jpg

BMWCurves
12-17-2021, 02:26 PM
Envious of both of those. Wagons look so good.

RUS_ZHP
12-17-2021, 06:04 PM
Envious of both of those. Wagons look so good.Thank you Will!

Galapolis
12-17-2021, 06:32 PM
Make sure to hit up @704sw in Greensboro as well. He LOVES it when you show up in his driveway unannounced and stalk him through his windows.

t.er
12-17-2021, 09:16 PM
Make sure to hit up @704sw in Greensboro as well. He LOVES it when you show up in his driveway unannounced and stalk him through his windows.Both of Peter's old cars will be reunited!!!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

RUS_ZHP
12-18-2021, 04:12 AM
Make sure to hit up @704sw in Greensboro as well. He LOVES it when you show up in his driveway unannounced and stalk him through his windows.Thanks for heads up! I know the plan know-))))
You in Greensboro as well, right?
Both of Peter's old cars will be reunited!!!

Sent from my SM-G781W using TapatalkThat's right. Canadian cars invading NC.
It will be nice to see Estoril e46 in person.

Galapolis
12-18-2021, 07:11 AM
Thanks for heads up! I know the plan know-))))
You in Greensboro as well, right? That's right. Canadian cars invading NC.
It will be nice to see Estoril e46 in person.

I'm over in Raleigh but I often visit people who live close to Greensboro. Maybe we can get a mini NC meet going one of these days or even do a group Blue Ridge drive.

RUS_ZHP
12-18-2021, 02:07 PM
I'm over in Raleigh but I often visit people who live close to Greensboro. Maybe we can get a mini NC meet going one of these days or even do a group Blue Ridge drive.Got you. I will be down for a mini meeting and some driving.

RUS_ZHP
02-11-2022, 05:56 PM
I am official Queen City member starting February 9th. Moving to a single license plate state made me appreciate clean front bumper view even more.
There is one tine downside: my touring lost ZHP330 plate.
@ZHPizza, I didn't change my style and did some shady things at night on the common parking area. I think you know what I am talking about-:) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220212/6dbe17baac9e0b52c8febfd43c3e344b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220212/4a052a90f8d371e0deb81043e1e59e52.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220212/0ebcc2d9c50ecec1201802f6379a0058.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220212/5f99c43dfaf0a3b7229f40d71ab19494.jpg

t.er
02-11-2022, 07:47 PM
I am official Queen City member starting February 9th. Moving to a single license plate state made me appreciate clean front bumper view even more.
There is one tine downside: my touring lost ZHP330 plate.
@ZHPizza, I didn't change my style and did some shady things at night on the common parking area. I think you know what I am talking about-:)

Super jealous of you sedan owners of how easy it is to swap from front plate -> no front plate

RUS_ZHP
02-14-2022, 09:17 AM
Super jealous of you sedan owners of how easy it is to swap from front plate -> no front plateThat's right. 3 minutes job and ~$20 for the new filler piece.

Galapolis
03-25-2022, 12:32 PM
Signed up for this track day in case anyone wants to join: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/2000389-track-night-2022-charlotte-motor-speedway-april-26

RUS_ZHP
03-25-2022, 05:00 PM
Signed up for this track day in case anyone wants to join: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/2000389-track-night-2022-charlotte-motor-speedway-april-26I will be out of town this weekend unfortunately.

Galapolis
03-25-2022, 06:15 PM
I will be out of town this weekend unfortunately.

I mean as long you aren't out of town on the 26th next month that shouldn't really affect anything.