PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Mafia Family Tool Pool - Tools for loaning

danewilson77
04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I will start.

SRS AIRBAG RESET TOOL

I have the SRS airbag tool. My requirement is that you send me $10.00 in an evelope. That is it. Obviously, treating the tool as your own would be nice. Then a prompt ship back would be great. That's all I require.

Can't see you guys spending $>250.00 for a one time tool though.

This will include the reset tool and OBDII cable

FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS
I have all tools to perform this, but shipping may not be feasible.....so...if you're somewhat local and want to borrow......lemme know.

This will include large sockets, breaker bar, and torques wrench for removal and install of wheel bearing nut.

VANOS RATTLE
I have the soft jaw vice liners. These are $20......not a huge deal.....and a $5 bill in an envelope for shipping will send these your way.

PAINT CORRECTION
I have a Porter Cable Orbital that I would be willing to loan. You will have to buy the pads and wax/sealant/correction items.

I will update as I remember more.

adb1028
04-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I have nothing to offer :rofl , but I do need to borrow a 3 prong puller for a FCAB job if anyone has one.
I thought I had one, but I evidently don't.

Johnmadd
04-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Autozone has free rental tools, all you have to do is put a credit card deposit and they refund it when you return the tool, sometimes the tool is cheaper to just keep and may even have a nice case with it as well, trust me on this. I do believe they have the puller you need. They though do not have specialized bmw tools that dane has, or the buffer for lending.

kayger12
04-08-2011, 02:25 AM
I have nothing to offer :rofl , but I do need to borrow a 3 prong puller for a FCAB job if anyone has one.
I thought I had one, but I evidently don't.

Got a set if you need it. Let me know.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

billschusteriv
04-08-2011, 02:54 AM
BRAKES

Motive Powerbleeder & Craftsman Vacuum Bleeder sets

OBDII CODE READER

Actron AutoScanner Plus OBD II Scan Tool from Advance Auto (http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_AutoScanner-Plus-OBD-II-Scan-Tool-Actron_99994273-P_N3389_T%7CGRP2018_____)

OTHER

I don't really have any "special" BMW tools except for an e30 O2 sensor wrench. Anything I do have is available for anyone in the area to stop by and use along with a space in my garage. This stuff includes:

Select metric - regular well, deep well, impact sockets; combination wrenches - includes a autoparts store brand 36mm (?) socket for the oil filter housing

0-150 lb torque wrench

18" breaker bar w/18" steel 'extension' - useful for breaking lug nuts loose that shops throw on there with impact wrenches

(1) 3-ton floor jack, (1) 3-ton bottle jack, (2) 3-ton jack stands, (2) 3 1/2-ton jack stands

ATV/motorcycle jack (useful for trans & diff jobs)

Other misc tools

3ZHPGUY
03-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Does anyone have a rtab Tool (Rear Trailing Arm Bushing) that I could borrow?

Dr Dynamite
09-09-2019, 01:52 PM
Is there a differential bushing removal tool for rent that's not listed? I'm doing tons of work and I'll be needing to use that specific tool to make things go much smoothly. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reasoned1
09-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Lending tools to strangers hundreds or thousands of miles away = worst idea ever

Sorry--had to be said. : )

Dr Dynamite
09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
Lending tools to strangers hundreds or thousands of miles away = worst idea ever

Sorry--had to be said. : )I'm was thinking the same thing [emoji23]

Nothing to worry about here, I don't want to buy a tool I'll only use once if I'm lucky. But I totally understand if it doesn't happen here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

johnrando
09-11-2019, 07:47 PM
No major issues so far over several years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk