PDA

View Full Version : Dyno day in New England?

cornercarver
03-08-2018, 10:44 AM
I’ve been wondering exactly how much HP my ZHP makes, and that recent thread about the Shark Injector further motivated me to organize a dyno day...

So I called a local shop (surprised to find how few dynos there are in the Boston area) and spoke with the owner; He said he would do it, most likely on a Saturday, but the cost per person needs to be in a range to make it worth his while. He also said if one or two guys pay to do a full tune (~$500 :blink ) the pricing would be more attractive...still around $100 per person though, just for a couple of baseline runs.

The cost is pretty steep but I figured I would at least see if there were enough interested people (10-15) in the Boston area.

slater
03-08-2018, 11:12 AM
very cool!

I’ve been wondering exactly how much HP my ZHP makes

well, if you think about it this way... in the HP equation, 'Z' is like 'X' - it's a variable. HP = HP (duh), so 'ZHP' could mean any amount of HP is the amount of HP that your, or any given ZHP, makes.

right?

:ducking

:cheers

RUS_ZHP
03-08-2018, 12:07 PM
I would be in the few baseline runs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cornercarver
03-08-2018, 02:16 PM
very cool!

well, if you think about it this way... in the HP equation, 'Z' is like 'X' - it's a variable. HP = HP (duh), so 'ZHP' could mean any amount of HP is the amount of HP that your, or any given ZHP, makes.

right?

LOL - yes, that's it! :thumbsup

Sockethead
03-09-2018, 09:38 AM
$100 for three pulls is the normal price these days...

cornercarver
03-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Good to know. Last time I did a dyno day with the Mustang it was ~$50 per person. (I'm old.) ;)

az3579
03-10-2018, 04:58 AM

That's what I thought. He mentioned only 2 runs for $100, which is higher than normal pricing.

cornercarver
03-10-2018, 07:11 AM
That's what I thought. He mentioned only 2 runs for $100, which is higher than normal pricing.
That was an estimate; When I spoke with the shop owner he said pricing and number of runs would depend on participation. He didn't sound like he was really willing to go out of his way to 'help out' some car enthusiasts so I'm not confident this will happen - at least not with that shop. Plus it doesn't look like there's enough interest here for a strong negotiation with the shop. I get the feeling there aren't many members who live within ~50 miles of Boston.