PDA

View Full Version : BMW 330 ZHP owners.

pleasecorrupt
04-09-2011, 01:37 PM
I suddenly realized something, there are so many people looking for ZHPs but I started wondering how many original owners are out there that actually appreciate what they have and decided to see how many of us here are actually original owners. Then again we're the smart ones that didn't want to take the full brunt of depreciation. :roundel

Stu
04-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I think most owners did not realize what they had until the E90 came out. No other package like this has ever been offered again for the 3-series. We're basically getting tons of expensive OEM BMW performance parts that goes beyond aesthetics for a couple grand. It's a freaking steal of a package. I think many owners did not know what they had at first, but those that ordered the performance package had a higher likelihood of being a BMW/car enthusiast. That is why so many ZHPs for sale are in such great condition out there.

MrMaico
04-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I think most owners did not realize what they had until the E90 came out. No other package like this has ever been offered again for the 3-series. We're basically getting tons of expensive OEM BMW performance parts that goes beyond aesthetics for a couple grand. It's a freaking steal of a package. I think many owners did not know what they had at first, but those that ordered the performance package had a higher likelihood of being a BMW/car enthusiast. That is why so many ZHPs for sale are in such great condition out there.

Agreed. I'm also surprised how many low (under 20,000) mileage cars people are finding coming up for sale. In 5 or 10 years there should be some nice low miles 335iS's on the market.

pleasecorrupt
04-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Agreed. I'm also surprised how many low (under 20,000) mileage cars people are finding coming up for sale. In 5 or 10 years there should be some nice low miles 335iS's on the market.

Yeah but it's 335i =\ zhp > it lol my friend who has one is tempted to sell and buy one

gr330zhp
04-09-2011, 08:20 PM

This is sooooo true! I really am surprised! Thats a good thing! :)

az3579
04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
The 335is is pretty much the ZHP of the E92 world.
I'm just highly annoyed that they didn't offer the package on the E90, otherwise that might have been my next used car (as a daily driver). :shifty
The ZHP would have retired to a life of track and auto-x. Oh well, it must continue to serve as 'bitch' until I get a 2nd car. lol

johnrando
04-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm the 2nd owner, but I used to subscribe to Car and Driver and I remember when these first came out. I distinctly remember reading the article that introduced them. I've always wanted one since, and jumped on it in '09 when I found a sweet low mileage CPO '06 coming off a lease.

MrMaico
04-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah but it's 335i =\ zhp > it lol my friend who has one is tempted to sell and buy one

You're gonna have to translate that for me.:scratchinghead

otto99
04-10-2011, 11:22 AM
The 335iS is indeed the ZHP of the E92 world, and it's a wicked car. As soon as the prices come down, I will happily trade my car in on one. And it will have the DCT, unless reliability issues surface over the next couple of years, because I know it can shift faster than I can.

pleasecorrupt
04-10-2011, 11:50 AM
You're gonna have to translate that for me.:scratchinghead

With all the problems hes having with that car, I'd trade performance for the reliability of a zhp :3 but as otto has said bmw has tried to fix it..

MrMaico
04-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah but it's 335i =\ zhp > it

Actually that's the part I'm not getting. And we're talking about he 335iS here, not the 335i.

The 335iS is indeed the ZHP of the E92 world, and it's a wicked car. As soon as the prices come down, I will happily trade my car in on one. And it will have the DCT, unless reliability issues surface over the next couple of years, because I know it can shift faster than I can.

That would be a tough decision for me. I love a manual but like you said, the DCT would be a blast to drive I'm sure. I wouldn't doubt if someone in an auto ZHP could kick my butt, I'm just too nervous about missing a gear. Now if it wasn't MY car I was driving............:biggrin

zhpnsnv
04-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Big respect for the original owners out there. I remember when it came out. It was always on my "list," but a $45k car just wasn't an option in 2003/04.

Sorta like how the 1M Coupe is now on my "list."

Stu
04-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I can agree that the 335iS is like the ZHP of the E92 world, but it's also a good $7,000 more. That is nearly twice the $3900 performance package. You do get the new single-turbo N55 engine and an overboost function, which is pretty freaking cool; but again, I don't think the price of the 335iS justifies the stuff you get compared to a normal 335i. A simple Dinan tune on a 335i can get you the same, if not better, performance than a 335iS, and Dinan is quite trustworthy when it comes to doing any modifications to BMWs. I put them at OEM-quality level, but that is just my opinion.

The iS is nice, but I do not feel like it will leave the legacy like the ZHP did. But who knows - I could be completely wrong.

Would I get a used one in a few years if it was at a good price? You better friggin' believe it :headbang

MrMaico
04-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I can agree that the 335iS is like the ZHP of the E92 world, but it's also a good $7,000 more. That is nearly twice the $3900 performance package. You do get the new single-turbo N55 engine and an overboost function, which is pretty freaking cool; but again, I don't think the price of the 335iS justifies the stuff you get compared to a normal 335i. A simple Dinan tune on a 335i can get you the same, if not better, performance than a 335iS, and Dinan is quite trustworthy when it comes to doing any modifications to BMWs. I put them at OEM-quality level, but that is just my opinion.

The iS is nice, but I do not feel like it will leave the legacy like the ZHP did. But who knows - I could be completely wrong.

Would I get a used one in a few years if it was at a good price? You better friggin' believe it :headbang

That sounds like the same old ZSP-ZHP argument all over again. :biggrin

Pretty sure the iS uses the old twin turbo motor.

09mageec
04-10-2011, 03:30 PM

VERRRY well said bud! :thumbsup

09mageec
04-10-2011, 03:38 PM
And speaking of the 335is, i went to my local Bimmer dealership and they had an absolutely gorgeous black on black one sitting out front. I guess pulling in with a freshly cleaned ZHP made me applicable to give it a little test run around there huge lot, And MANNNN that thing was amazing!!!! Would lovee to grab one in a few years!

otto99
04-11-2011, 05:07 AM
The 335is has the twin turbo N54, not the newer single turbo model.

az3579
04-11-2011, 09:04 AM
And speaking of the 335is, i went to my local Bimmer dealership and they had an absolutely gorgeous black on black one sitting out front. I guess pulling in with a freshly cleaned ZHP made me applicable to give it a little test run around there huge lot, And MANNNN that thing was amazing!!!! Would lovee to grab one in a few years!

That's surprising, considering my dealer won't let me test drive anything because I'm under 25. :shifty

Sent from my DROIDX

otto99
04-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Patience, Grasshopper. When you're old like me, they let you drive anything. The new 740i with the turbo 6 is a giggle, as is the 335iS. And the new 5 is just a wonderful car in all trim levels.

VA//M3
04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Otto99,
When that happens let me know which dealership you trade your ZHP into so I can buy it off of them.

M54Dave
04-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I also agree that the 335is is the zhp of the e92/93. I really like how they look, whenever I am at the BMW dealer I take a long look at them. However they make me appreciate my car, as I have the older version. I remember when the zhp was introduced, If a new zhp was in budget at the time it would have been awesome to be an original owner.