PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Performance Mods

BerDz3nA
04-14-2018, 06:32 AM
What are the ZHP Performance mods that have been proven to increase HP ?

And in which is money worth spending hp-wise ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Vas
04-14-2018, 07:02 AM
Headers and tune. Everything else is just for sound.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cornercarver
04-14-2018, 07:15 AM
Try browsing the Performance threads. Quite a bit of info here...

BMWCurves
04-14-2018, 07:41 AM
And while they're not horsepower related, lighter wheels with grippier tires is a high value upgrade to handling performance.

ELCID86
04-14-2018, 10:41 AM
LSD to keep all that power on the asphalt.

Newjack
04-14-2018, 10:48 AM
Headers and tune. Everything else is just for sound.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is the best answer to the question OP.

But as the others above me have stated, adding lightweight wheels and grippy summer tires with an LSD will make a huge improvement in how the car handles and feels without actually adding any power.

From the factory there really isn't much you can do to improve power. BMW did a really great job with the M54 motor.

Reasoned1
04-14-2018, 03:22 PM
While it doesn't technically add horsepower, a shorter differential gear ratio (3.38 is most recommended) increases torque at the wheels and is probably the most impactful performance mod you can do short of FI. Furthermore, a used, open diff is cheap ($200) and pretty easy to install. Make sure you change both diffs if it's AWD.

Newjack
04-14-2018, 05:22 PM
While it doesn't technically add horsepower, a shorter differential gear ratio (3.38 is most recommended) increases torque at the wheels and is probably the most impactful performance mod you can do short of FI. Furthermore, a used, open diff is cheap ($200) and pretty easy to install. Make sure you change both diffs if it's AWD.I'm pretty sure the diff in autos is different (shorter) than the diffs in manual trans. I don't remember the ratio difference off the top of my head.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ZHPizza
04-14-2018, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the diff in autos is different (shorter) than the diffs in manual trans. I don't remember the ratio difference off the top of my head.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TapatalkYup

http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/GearRatios_E46.htm