PDA

View Full Version : PASoft drivers suddenly uninstalled and cant reinstall them

nextelbuddy
04-22-2018, 05:54 PM
so my pasoft drivers are not working anymore.

i have the the latest ones and no matter what, my windows 10 will not install the drivers. my device shows up with a yellow exclamation mark and ive tried disabling driver signature enforcement with no dice.

ive tried updating the USB root hub with the pasoft drivers and installed a usb type A converter but i get a BSOD when i do that.

this is so annoying, i had 0 issues on this same laptop and there have been no changes. i dont even apply windows updates to this laptop since its just a coding laptop.

ive read just about every pasoft driver thread on bimmerforums and e46fanatics and nothing is working. im open to any more advice/suggestions.

if i right click and choose update driver and browse to my driver manually, windows just says "windows was unable to install bmw scanner v14x windows could not find the device driver software"

doesnt make sense, im literally pointing to the folder that has the FTD2XX DLL, SYS, INF, INI files.

az3579
04-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Just check to see if it works.
I've never gotten the drivers to "work" properly but the scanner itself works just fine in PA Soft.

nextelbuddy
04-22-2018, 07:48 PM
Just check to see if it works.
I've never gotten the drivers to "work" properly but the scanner itself works just fine in PA Soft.

thanks man, i ended up getting the driver to finally install. I had to right click on the bmw scanner driver again, choose update again.. but this time when choosing the option find my own driver.... i had to make sure to leave it on any device instead of choosing USB device.

im tying to code this S54 wagon... its a 2000 so it has the round pacman connector.