PDA

View Full Version : ANyone with a Touring and PASoft that can screen shot LCM coding screen?

nextelbuddy
04-26-2018, 10:13 AM
2000 323i wagon has an old LCM that im replacing with a DYN 3.56 unit. it works and ive coded VIn and mileage but the tail lights have errors.

normally i go into the old LCM and screen shot the Coding dialog that has all the PWM values so i can duplicate them in the new LCM however this OLD LCM is so old it doesnt have those values displayed.

this is the screen im looking for. hoping someone can get me a screen shot of their values.

this one is from my sedan fyi.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/968/40822005585_94e8dc7df8_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/25cis3v)IMG_20180425_222710 (https://flic.kr/p/25cis3v) by Shawn Robertson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/nextelbuddy/), on Flickr

slater
04-26-2018, 10:38 AM
is the new LCM from a Touring?

if not, that's your problem. BP helped me with this as i was trying to put my FW v4.5 LCM from my sedan into my Touring....and i got the rocket boosters.

if i remember correctly, BP read the FA from the instrument cluster (in the Touring) and copied it to the LCM, and then reset the LCM to factory defaults? we did this with NCSExpert.

i'm running on very little sleep lately so i can't really remember. it was something along those lines. hopefully he can chime in here.

nextelbuddy
04-26-2018, 10:43 AM
is the new LCM from a Touring?

if not, that's your problem. BP helped me with this as i was trying to put my FW v4.5 LCM from my sedan into my Touring....and i got the rocket boosters.

if i remember correctly, BP read the FA from the instrument cluster (in the Touring) and copied it to the LCM, and then reset the LCM to factory defaults? we did this with NCSExpert.

i'm running on very little sleep lately so i can't really remember. it was something along those lines. hopefully he can chime in here.

no the new LCM is from a sedan.... are you saying i can only use a TOURING LCM in a touring?

slater
04-26-2018, 10:54 AM
no the new LCM is from a sedan.... are you saying i can only use a TOURING LCM in a touring?

No, you can use one from a sedan. You just need to write the vehicle order to it; the instrument cluster stores this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nextelbuddy
04-26-2018, 11:16 AM
No, you can use one from a sedan. You just need to write the vehicle order to it; the instrument cluster stores this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok so I probably just need to change the chassis code from EV53 to AR33 which is touring chassis code. i can do that with NCS Expert in the LCM.

i dont have the old cluster anymore since the wagon now has the m3 cluster in it.

ZHPizza
04-26-2018, 11:45 AM
lmk if you still need a screenshot and i'll pull it from my 2000 323i wagon tonight

nextelbuddy
04-26-2018, 12:02 PM
lmk if you still need a screenshot and i'll pull it from my 2000 323i wagon tonight

well it needs to be a late model one. your 323 2000 wagon will most likely be the same as mine.. where it doesnt show any PMW values for the tail light coding
part.

i think Slater may be on to something with the Vehicle chassis code though. I will try changing the chassis code from EV53 to AR33 and see if i get different results.

thanks guys

az3579
04-26-2018, 03:10 PM

Just copy the FA from the IKE to the LCM using PA Soft, then use NCS Expert to reset the LCM to factory defaults.
You should find the Copy FA function under LCM under either Coding or Reprogramming, I forgot what it's called. Then do a copy from IKE > LCM when asked.

Then go into NCS, load up Expert Mode, select the LCM, and do a SG_CODIERREN on it. All done!

slater
04-26-2018, 07:17 PM
Just copy the FA from the IKE to the LCM using PA Soft, then use NCS Expert to reset the LCM to factory defaults.
You should find the Copy FA function under LCM under either Coding or Reprogramming, I forgot what it's called. Then do a copy from IKE > LCM when asked.

Then go into NCS, load up Expert Mode, select the LCM, and do a SG_CODIERREN on it. All done!

thanks for weighing in, BP! unfortunately shawn doesn't have the Touring cluster in any more...

can i send him something from my LCM?

az3579
04-27-2018, 03:00 AM
thanks for weighing in, BP! unfortunately shawn doesn't have the Touring cluster in any more...

can i send him something from my LCM?Sorry I missed that.

Shawn, do you just not have the cluster anymore or just not installed? If you still have it then it's be worth swapping it back in for this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nextelbuddy
05-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Well unfortunately I'm going to need somebody to give me a screenshot of their light coating that shows the pwm values in their wagon / touring.

If I put the original cluster from the touring back in the car and then put PA soft does not give the option to copy fa values from the cluster to the LCM. It only lets me copy between the ews and cluster.

If I put the M3 cluster back in then PA soft shows copy fa values from cluster to LCM.

If I try to use NCS expert to write the fa code *AR33 as soon as I try to add that fa code NCS expert doesn't like it.

I can add ev53 and bl 93 no problem but not ar33.

I haven't tried reading from the original cluster and ews module in NCS expert hoping that since they do show ar33 is the chassis code but it would let me update another module with ar33 but it won't.

The messing with this for a few hours now and it's extremely frustrating as you can imagine.

So pretty much what it looks like in PA soft is that it does not like having new modules with old modules mixed. If I put the new LCM in with the old cluster it has the same problem there is no copy between the cluster in the LCM option the only way I can copy from LCM to Cluster and vice versa is if I have both newer modules in the car.

So if there's anybody with the wagon a newer one preferably facelift they can give me their screenshot of the pwm values from the coding area that will be wonderful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

slater
05-02-2018, 07:28 PM
bummer.

i can grab a screenshot for you, but i don't think that's going to help you resolve the issue.

can you read the FA from the EWS module to the LCM?

nextelbuddy
05-02-2018, 07:37 PM
bummer.

i can grab a screenshot for you, but i don't think that's going to help you resolve the issue.

can you read the FA from the EWS module to the LCM?

Yeah I think you're right it's not going to help but it's worth a shot.

And yes I tried that but that option is not available. It was either Ike to LCM or Ike to ews depending on what combination of modules ahead in the car the same time.

I think my root issue is that I need to figure out how to successfully Flash fa ar33 to the LCM successfully in NCS expert.