PDA

View Full Version : Adding miles quickly to the odometer?

CarbonZHP
05-03-2018, 02:20 PM
I recall seeing a while ago that it was possible to change a parameter with PA, allowing those with swapped clusters showing lower mileage than the car to quickly crank the indicated number up. Can those people please chime in with which param that was and what values you used? Thank you.

pedro2u
05-03-2018, 04:16 PM
I saw it in one of the PA Soft YouTube videos I watched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8eGR6R-h1c&t=165s

You'll see it pop up in the just after 5:25 mark in the video where he opens the LCM and hits Coding. Write Odometer shows there, but I don't think he opens it up

CarbonZHP
05-03-2018, 04:19 PM
I know that isnt what im looking for. Sorry

nextelbuddy
05-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Depends on which M3 cluster you have. Mine is a 24h coding index and user Terraphantm showed me how to use pasoft to read the bin file for the cluster and change it to coding index 8 which when you do that, allowed me to access the coding dialog for the IKE where I could change the tire scaling down to 1. When I did that the miles ramped up very fast and then when finished I changed back to the default settings like for tire scaling and changed the coding index back to 24.

I tried doing this on a coding index 22h m3 cluster and it didn't work. Terraphantm said it has to be 23 or 24h to work supposedly

CarbonZHP
05-03-2018, 05:09 PM
I know I have the latter, i believe a 24. I'll try reading the bin and see if it's apparent how to change the index

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarbonZHP
05-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Depends on which M3 cluster you have. Mine is a 24h coding index and user Terraphantm showed me how to use pasoft to read the bin file for the cluster and change it to coding index 8 which when you do that, allowed me to access the coding dialog for the IKE where I could change the tire scaling down to 1. When I did that the miles ramped up very fast and then when finished I changed back to the default settings like for tire scaling and changed the coding index back to 24.

I tried doing this on a coding index 22h m3 cluster and it didn't work. Terraphantm said it has to be 23 or 24h to work supposedly

I checked and I can see the coding index 8 but not sure how to change it and where to go after. Do you think you could post terras instructions?

nextelbuddy
05-04-2018, 08:17 PM
I checked and I can see the coding index 8 but not sure how to change it and where to go after. Do you think you could post terras instructions?

Post #7

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?20132-how-to-change-M3-cluster-back-to-M3-ZCS-FA

CarbonZHP
05-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Curious. Gives me something to work with. I actually already had the coding submenu active, I must have changed that code before.