PDA

View Full Version : Coding Convertible Convenience Open/close with Windows

pedro2u
06-05-2018, 07:21 AM
I've been using PA Soft 1.4 to tweek some of the features in my convertible but I'm stuck on one. I've got opening the top/windows up/down with the key FOB working, but when closing the top, everything closes fine except just the rear windows stay down. Anyone no what I'm missing?

All the window switches in the car work fine, including the one touch up/down for all 4 windows. So I'm assuming it's coding. Anyone ever have this issue and solve it?

az3579
06-05-2018, 07:49 AM
Couldn't tell you about PA Soft because I use NCS Expert for everything, but NCS gives you the option to enable/disable the closing of different sections of windows. For example, front windows, rear windows, sunroof/top, or any combination thereof.

You probably have a setting for close ALL windows and roof disabled somehow. To reset this, I usually do a factory restore and recode the options I want, but I don't know if PA Soft gives you that option...

Since PA Soft does everything by checkbox, can you show a screenshot of that options screen so I can have a better idea of what's available?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

pedro2u
06-05-2018, 08:46 AM
looks like this. Seems like I had to select opening/locking without rear windows to get the top to work, but maybe that's my problem. I can try to uncheck those again tonight to see it that helps:

pedro2u
06-05-2018, 08:47 AM
or maybe select close rear window under "One-Touch"

johnrando
06-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Let us know how it goes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

az3579
06-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Try unchecking "locking without rear windows".

pedro2u
06-05-2018, 11:17 AM
There may be other ways to do this, but this configuration now includes all the windows too. Of course it required more top down/top up cycles than I wanted to put it through ............. But Success :fistpump

az3579
06-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Settings that include "without" are kind of like settings in the computer world. "Deny" permissions take precedence over "allow" permissions, so when you tell it you want to close all windows AND have a setting that says without rear windows, the without setting overlays itself and will do all without the rear windows. Looks like unchecking it did the trick in your case.

I had to set up an interesting combo to get mine the way I wanted it when I wanted just the front windows to roll down. I used to set it to 1) open all windows, then enable the setting for 2) open all windows without sunroof and 3) open all windows without rear windows in order to get just the fronts to roll down. It's just a bunch of "deny" permissions layered on top of the "open all" command. :)

pedro2u
06-05-2018, 11:57 AM
can make your head spin.......... Glad it's working

johnrando
06-06-2018, 07:55 AM
So, is this one-touch key fob operation or is this the std 'hold key fob and top opens w all windows' and then 'hold key fob and top closes w all windows'?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pedro2u
06-06-2018, 07:58 AM
I wish it was one touch. Nope, it's hold the button until your thumb turns blue and everything finishes growling and whining

az3579
06-06-2018, 08:17 AM
So, is this one-touch key fob operation or is this the std 'hold key fob and top opens w all windows' and then 'hold key fob and top closes w all windows'?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkHold.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk