PDA

View Full Version : Orion V4 angel eyes review

ComradeNick
09-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Got my new angel eyes installed today, and they look great. I bought them off Umnitza's website $300 shipped, and they arrived in 2 days. They are very bright and look great on the car.

I tapped into the ECU and glove-box foot-light so they fade in and out when the car is opened, which is great. I didn't tap into the xenon's power supply to get the night controller feature where they dim when the headlights are on because they don't give you the correct wire taps, plus it doesn't seem worth the effort.

The install is fairly straight forward but took me a lot longer than it should have. The hole in the relay which lets you mount under a 10mm nut in the pass-side bin is too small, which meant I had to go to the store to buy a metal file. Kinda hard to do when your battery isn't connected and could easily be solved by the factory by making the hole a little bigger. Aside from that nothing was too complicated, I was too lazy to drain the windshield wiper fluid and got splashed by the headlight cleaners, and the wiretaps proved to be not sharp enough to work correctly without removing some insulation first.

My only concern is water getting on the wires, I tapped most of the small wires but its hard to get a good seal towards the connectors.

Overall I would recommend these, they look great and have a warranty. Only downside is the price, 300 is way too much for these lights, but I guess the best isn't cheap.

WOLFN8TR
09-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Yes these are Bad Azz AE's! I ran mine without the night controller at first and they were WAAAYYY too bright at night. Actually I wired in a switch to turn them off when I drive into work so I don't blind the security guard and that was with the night controller!

johnrando
09-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Look great!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk