PDA

View Full Version : DIY meet?

sillieidiot
09-13-2018, 04:08 PM
So DIY meet this weekend? lol So I started working on my car, then got lazy. I have to leave in 2 hours anyways. So now I'm inviting people over to help, also make me less lazy lol This time we are working on my car, since it's already on the lift. Doing control arms, tie rods, and steering coupler. Oh and fuel filter whenever I buy more clamps and hoses. I'm doing FCABs too, but the problem is that FCPeuro sent me two right sides so I have to wait on them to replace it if they ever respond.

If not, maybe next week. Because I'll have to do this all over again with JR's car anyways.

Oli77
09-13-2018, 04:28 PM
PM the guy on this forum, his username is FCP Euro.
Sorry, can't make it across the country in time. Best of luck.

sillieidiot
09-13-2018, 09:25 PM
PM the guy on this forum, his username is FCP Euro.
Sorry, can't make it across the country in time. Best of luck.

Thanks. I called them yesterday. Tried emailing them today so I'll just wait for a response tomorrow I guess.

johnrando
09-18-2018, 06:18 AM
Sorry I was slammed, played in Beach Tennis tournament all day both days. See you later today!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GotZHP
03-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Where in SoCal are all you guys?

I'm in Santa Barbara now. Is that southern central cali, or the North end of SoCal lol?

johnrando
03-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Both. Lol. We're spread around. A few of us in the L.A. area.

GotZHP
03-08-2019, 04:05 PM
I'd be down to meet up this year if anyone else wants to come up with some dates and times. I still have a few real big maintenance tasks to tackle, like new struts and the rest of the rear suspension.

johnrando
03-08-2019, 10:12 PM
We are really not very good at that in SoCal, I guess a lot of that is due to distance. But, I am up for one and we've had a few here and there. Two of us live very close in the South Bay so we could do something here. It wld be a min of 3 ppl and we cld invite others.

sillieidiot
03-09-2019, 03:54 AM
Yeah we're horrible at this lol even when I schedule stuff like 2 months out it didn't work lol but I gotta reseal the hydraulic cylinders on the lift anyways. Then transfer them to their new home that makes it a more central location for all the socal people since I'm like farther south than most of them.

sillieidiot
03-26-2019, 09:01 PM
So should we try again? June? lol I currently don't have anything going on in June afaik. Maybe my car will be done, but I doubt that too lol I'm pretty sure from all the other meets. We can only work on one car per meet lol Since we never get enough people/tools. Unless we do something like one car with suspension and the other one like cooling system or something where you don't need a lift.

I've only had one meet where we worked on 3 cars at the same time, but we had like 12 people there and everyone brought their own tools/jackstands to do the work.

johnrando
03-27-2019, 05:59 AM
So should we try again? June? lol I currently don't have anything going on in June afaik. Maybe my car will be done, but I doubt that too lol I'm pretty sure from all the other meets. We can only work on one car per meet lol Since we never get enough people/tools. Unless we do something like one car with suspension and the other one like cooling system or something where you don't need a lift.

I've only had one meet where we worked on 3 cars at the same time, but we had like 12 people there and everyone brought their own tools/jackstands to do the work.

I would be in. I can ping William too, he's usually in pending schedule.

sillieidiot
05-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Maybe we'll hold one after we install your stuff. We need a cheap POS car to test it out on lol

johnrando
05-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Let's get the lift installed and hv a meet

Will
05-13-2019, 06:55 PM

I probably don't have much to work on, but I could bring some extra tools and be extra hands to help. It might be a good idea for people to identify/list what they need help with so that necessary tools can be brought.

GotZHP
05-14-2019, 11:17 AM

I would be down for one a bit later in the summer. June is going to be swamped for me but July and August look good. My GF will be out of the country then and I will have access to the FiST to use as a second car while the ZHP is down and out getting repairs.

I have lots to do on the ZHP - Engine mounts, Trans Mounts, Diff bushings, struts, guibo, and the list goes on.........

sillieidiot
05-19-2019, 07:18 AM
Yeah you guys might have to do it without me. But I'll at least try to get shit set up. I'm free the second half of June up to mid-July so far it looks like. Dunno about August, too far out. Then free again all of Sept, unless I travel somewhere.

Gotta wait for the weather to clear up first. I got shit to do too when I get my car back. Engine & Tranny mounts. Maybe do the VANOS seals and all that stuff to prepare my car for the TS2.

johnrando
05-19-2019, 08:03 PM
I gots stuff to do, I am in for whenever we can.