PDA

View Full Version : FCP euro

sillieidiot
09-20-2018, 08:23 AM
Didn't know where to put the thread, so I put it here. Right now I am furious at them. Just woke up to a shipping label created email. Seriously?!

So I ordered on 9/7. Paid for shipping to get my parts faster. It arrives 9/12, that same day I check the contents. They gave me two FCABs of the same side and it's missing the transmission mount I ordered. I called them within the 30 mins I received the package and it was near end of day for them to let them know. CS person says that it will be expedited and shipped to me asap. So you would think it would come like in 2 days maybe a week tops right? Didn't get any email about tracking like they told me, emailed them. They keep telling me it's shipped already (which I know is BS cause where is my tracking?). Then today, which is 8 days later, they finally ship it (technically, didn't ship, only label created). WTF. So it's going to come next week? How does it take so long to process a fuck up on their part? I don't even know why I paid for shipping then. The original reason was so that I could get it faster, but if it's going to come incorrectly and then get delivered correctly at the original "free shipping" delivery date.

Oh yeah, I contacted the FCP euro member that was here to see if he could help me. Couldn't help me and told me to email them. So what do you do? Just general questions and PR I'm assuming?

Honestly, I only paid more for FCP euro parts for the service. It wasn't about the lifetime warranty or anything. I care more about service support. It was highly rated here. I find it severely lacking. I guess they are only good if you get the right parts the first time and their easy warranty (which I haven't tried). None of my items are going to fail any time soon for that to happen anyways. And if you do need assistance, if you're not planning to start the project for like a month out, then you're fine.

So now, because this part is going to arrive next week or two in which I won't even be in town, I'm forced to go find/buy the part locally to get it installed.

edit:
Special order only part. Awesome. It'll come next week as well. If I knew it was going to take FCP this long, the dealerships could have gotten it to me like yesterday. Guess I'll just wait for the part to come in.

Newjack
09-20-2018, 09:12 AM
https://i.imgur.com/3t63g.gif

FCP Euro
09-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Didn't know where to put the thread, so I put it here. Right now I am furious at them. Just woke up to a shipping label created email. Seriously?!

So I ordered on 9/7. Paid for shipping to get my parts faster. It arrives 9/12, that same day I check the contents. They gave me two FCABs of the same side and it's missing the transmission mount I ordered. I called them within the 30 mins I received the package and it was near end of day for them to let them know. CS person says that it will be expedited and shipped to me asap. So you would think it would come like in 2 days maybe a week tops right? Didn't get any email about tracking like they told me, emailed them. They keep telling me it's shipped already (which I know is BS cause where is my tracking?). Then today, which is 8 days later, they finally ship it (technically, didn't ship, only label created). WTF. So it's going to come next week? How does it take so long to process a fuck up on their part? I don't even know why I paid for shipping then. The original reason was so that I could get it faster, but if it's going to come incorrectly and then get delivered correctly at the original "free shipping" delivery date.

Oh yeah, I contacted the FCP euro member that was here to see if he could help me. Couldn't help me and told me to email them. So what do you do? Just general questions and PR I'm assuming?

Honestly, I only paid more for FCP euro parts for the service. It wasn't about the lifetime warranty or anything. I care more about service support. It was highly rated here. I find it severely lacking. I guess they are only good if you get the right parts the first time and their easy warranty (which I haven't tried). None of my items are going to fail any time soon for that to happen anyways. And if you do need assistance, if you're not planning to start the project for like a month out, then you're fine.

So now, because this part is going to arrive next week or two in which I won't even be in town, I'm forced to go find/buy the part locally to get it installed.

edit:
Special order only part. Awesome. It'll come next week as well. If I knew it was going to take FCP this long, the dealerships could have gotten it to me like yesterday. Guess I'll just wait for the part to come in.

Hello Hieu,

I'm very sorry to hear about the 2nd order being delayed, I certainly understand your frustration. We always aim to ship out orders within 24 hours and the delay you experienced should of never happened. It looks like the Service Rep. you spoke to assumed there wouldn't be a delay on getting the mount and bushing retainer out next day. Unfortunately our vendor didn't have them in stock and we didn't have another vendor option since they're Genuine parts. Any delay should of been communicated to you with a resolution to get parts sent your way in the quickest time frame possible. I see the order has been shipped but I'll keep an eye on this and follow up with my Service Department.

I'll also refund what you originally payed for shipping. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime.

You can email me directly at davidg1@fcpeuro.com .

Regards,
Dave

sillieidiot
09-24-2018, 12:09 PM
So I got the part on Saturday. UPS said that it was delivered Friday, but I looked everywhere and didn't see it. Ended up coming on Saturday morning. That was a lot faster than I expected still. so I was able to finish the car up.

I also just got an email saying that you guys went ahead and refunded the shipping. I didn't really need it for all of $10. That really doesn't satisfy me all that much for all the headache I went through due to the lack of communication regarding my order. But thanks anyways.

Now I have to go drop off that RMA for the duplicate FCAB.

FCP Euro
09-26-2018, 04:43 AM
So I got the part on Saturday. UPS said that it was delivered Friday, but I looked everywhere and didn't see it. Ended up coming on Saturday morning. That was a lot faster than I expected still. so I was able to finish the car up.

I also just got an email saying that you guys went ahead and refunded the shipping. I didn't really need it for all of $10. That really doesn't satisfy me all that much for all the headache I went through due to the lack of communication regarding my order. But thanks anyways.

Now I have to go drop off that RMA for the duplicate FCAB.

Hello Hieu,

I'm glad to hear you received your parts. I added a customer credit to your account in the amount of $50.00

If you need anything in the future you can email me directly at davidg1@fcpeuro.com .

Regards,
Dave

Johnmadd
09-26-2018, 10:08 AM
Hello Hieu,

I'm glad to hear you received your parts. I added a customer credit to your account in the amount of $50.00

If you need anything in the future you can email me directly at davidg1@fcpeuro.com .

Regards,
Dave

That's good customer service!

Avetiso
09-26-2018, 11:53 AM
That's good customer service!

50$ can make a lot of things much better. :p

Reasoned1
09-26-2018, 09:58 PM
I can easily say that, in general and by far, FCP Euro is the fastest shipper of all the part suppliers I frequent.

Sreten
09-27-2018, 12:10 AM
Depends on your location. If you are West coast based, then it's one of the slowest.

PetesZ
09-27-2018, 03:23 AM
Depends on your location. If you are West coast based, then it's one of the slowest.

Pretty sure if you live on the west coast you deserve it.

Sreten
09-27-2018, 03:34 AM
Ok.

Newjack
09-27-2018, 03:56 AM
Pretty sure if you live on the west coast you deserve it.

http://i.imgur.com/ZUeCbT5.gif

johnrando
09-28-2018, 02:09 PM
As a West Coast resident, ouch. :) Nice customer service FCP!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

joeybananaz18
09-28-2018, 06:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZUeCbT5.gif

literally had the same reaction lol. I ordered a liqui-moly kit wednesday night. it was waiting outside my garage on Thursday. i love living an hour away from them. So glad this forum turned me on to them.

Newjack
09-29-2018, 03:23 AM
literally had the same reaction lol. I ordered a liqui-moly kit wednesday night. it was waiting outside my garage on Thursday. i love living an hour away from them. So glad this forum turned me on to them.I just use ECS or anyone else. Used FCP for the first time this year and they dogged me and my order so badly I'll never use them again. No communication no apologies just bad service. I can't support that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

cakM3
09-29-2018, 04:12 AM
... Used FCP for the first time this year and they dogged me and my order so badly I'll never use them again. No communication no apologies just bad service. I can't support that.

My experiences using FCP Euro on the other hand have been great every time I have used them Rob...

Newjack
09-29-2018, 04:59 AM
My experiences using FCP Euro on the other hand have been great every time I have used them Rob...

Yeah I know the forum loves FCP. I wish I didn't have such a negative experience but I can't change that.

d-rod
09-29-2018, 06:07 AM
I’ve had all great experiences with them. I use them for almost all my parts. I even had to return a few things because I didn’t need them in the end and it was really simple.
I’m in the west coast and recently they added a 3 day shipping for $13. In fact I just received my lower control arms yesterday using this option.
I think with every company there’s a time when a customer gets missed along the way, but with FCP they at least attempt to rectify a situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vas
09-29-2018, 06:19 AM
Here is my latest experience with fcpeuro.

I ordered a VDO brand maf sensor. Order shipped within 1 day which is great using ups. Then the shipment was transferred to my local post office for delivery. It sat there for 1 business day from when ups handed it off. I was not in a huge rush so not the end of the world.

But then the box appears like this on my doorstep.

Honestly this is subpar packing for an item that costs $250 and is an electrical part. Stuff like this needs more care when shipping and not just thrown into a box

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/63d41d01de89c5bfb30a84087d1e3472.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/5341e52a7eae2d5df47a92e571a297a8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/6311fdfedf639a5dd98b216ff053b3b5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3LiterStraightSix
09-29-2018, 06:40 AM
I agree that box is unacceptable, but I dont think you can blame Fcp for that, that's the shipping service. You cant expect Fcp to reinforce their boxes with a rollcage now [emoji6]. As long as there is enough packing material to keep the part from bouncing around in the box, I don't think it's fair to ask much more on Fcp's end. Usps on the other hand... I'd rip them a new one!

Good luck with the install, hope your sensor is okay!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

az3579
09-29-2018, 07:32 AM
I agree that box is unacceptable, but I dont think you can blame Fcp for that, that's the shipping service. You cant expect Fcp to reinforce their boxes with a rollcage now [emoji6]. As long as there is enough packing material to keep the part from bouncing around in the box, I don't think it's fair to ask much more on Fcp's end. Usps on the other hand... I'd rip them a new one!

Good luck with the install, hope your sensor is okay!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using TapatalkThis. While I agree the packing could have been better (item centered with 2" of bubble wrap or peanuts all around the item), ultimately as long as the item doesn't move around it should be fine even with what they did put in there.

The shippers are more to blame for this scenario. For a box to show up like THAT is completely unacceptable with regards to the shipping companies used.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Vas
09-29-2018, 07:41 AM
I'm not blaming anyone here but just sharing my experience.

I do think the box is oversized for the item and it was packed incorrectly.

And why not use 1 shipping carrier for the package? USPS has proven over and over that they can't be trusted.

Newjack
09-29-2018, 09:50 AM
When I ordered my radiator they only put a single piece of brown packing paper in the box with the radiator. It just bounced around the box the entire trip. I also ordered the circular beauty caps that cover the bolts on the valve cover, the same ones that break like every time you remove them.

FCP threw them loosely in the box with the radiator. No bag or anything just tossed them in the box. Every one of them were broken and since they were loose in the box with the radiator they bent multiple fins on the radiator.

I had to request time off to do repairs on my car and work on the cooling system. It was warm the weekend I requested off. Parts came in broken, customer service was extremely slow and vague with how they were going to solve the issue. I ended up needing to go out and buy another gallon of coolant to hold me over for another week while I waited for the parts to come in.

Finally got the parts a week later and swapped everything out on a very cold and windy Saturday.

FCP Euro
09-29-2018, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the packing issues and I'm glad this was brought to my attention. I'll personally talk to my warehouse manager to make sure we have parts placed in the right size boxes with appropriate fill so nothing gets tossed around. I know it's frustrating receiving something damaged and I wouldn't want anyone to deal with that since it can be easily prevented. On the customer service side of things please message or email me directly if responses seem lacking, I'll make sure there's appropriate follow up.

We appreciate the continued support, if there's anything I can help out with feel free to reach out.

davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Regards,
Dave

3LiterStraightSix
09-29-2018, 01:49 PM
And there you have it! I love Fcp. Way to go Dave!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

FungShui
09-29-2018, 08:11 PM
I recently had a similar experience with my recent order. My package was secured with 3 lines of packaging tape going across the short side of the box. The FCP tape going along the length of the box seam was completely broken. All the items were accounted for but was a surprised they would ship it in that condition. To note, the box itself came in perfect condition so I don't think the shipping company damaged it. However, my oil pan gasket was bent to 120 degrees assuming 180 degrees is flat. The box was too small for the part and they placed all the items on top. A couple hits with the hammer and bending got it back into shape...

sillieidiot
09-30-2018, 08:08 PM
Hello Hieu,

Regards,
Dave

Thanks. I guess that would give me reason to give you guys another chance.

PetesZ
10-01-2018, 04:51 AM
I have not had a bad or even poor shipping experience with FCP. I used to use pelican almost exclusively, almost never ecs, and would buy fcp for the warranties.

Now I use fcp more than the other 2 or is it one.

My two cents

ZHPizza
10-01-2018, 05:26 AM
I have not had a bad or even poor shipping experience with FCP. I used to use pelican almost exclusively, almost never ecs, and would buy fcp for the warranties.

Now I use fcp more than the other 2 or is it one.

My two cents

I've had some bad packaging experiences with them, but I still use them when the cost is the same as ECS. They sent me a big box with a [metal core] valve cover gasket, two bottles of diff fluid, and some of the seatbelt stopper pins that poke through the belt itself (they sharp af). All loose. The vcg got bent all to hell and one of the pins punched through a bottle of diff fluid, so the box and everything in it was soaked in stank oil.

Since then, I learned to put my cart together and take a long look at the list, assume that everything will be loose in a box together, and make adjustments as necessary. Ex: one order for control arms, another order for plastic parts, just get the fluids from Amazon to avoid another mess.

az3579
10-01-2018, 06:10 AM
After all these reports of sloppy packaging, perhaps FCP should revisit their shipping practices. This seems to be the only complaint I've heard about FCP on this forum with the exception of Rob's one-off customer service experience.

In the few instances I've had to have stuff shipped (during that brief period where they closed the pickup center), my stuff arrived in one piece, though I did notice the packaging wasn't the best in those cases too. Luckily there was no damage to my products.

Otherwise, customer service has been top notch for the few times I've had to contact support. The staff I've interacted with have been fantastic so far. Just fix the shipping!

FCP Euro
10-01-2018, 09:46 AM
All,

Thank you for the feedback, it seems like the biggest concern here is better packaging. I'll speak to my warehouse manager so we can make improvements right away. This is something that we can easily fix and I want to make sure everyone has a positive experience when ordering from us.

Thanks again for letting me know about the issues and being patient with everything.

-Dave

fredo
10-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Sounds good. I will wait a few days before I place my next order. :thumbsup

ZHPizza
10-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Thanks, Dave! I found the post that I was referencing earlier lol it was a shitshow

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?2784-Post-your-daily-ZHP-BMW-MINI-pics!&p=531618#post531618

It's all water under the bridge now. I just put in another $500+ order with you guys.

...but I left out the diff fluid this time :idea

sillieidiot
10-03-2018, 05:55 PM
lol damn that's some bad packing. Mines was actually packed well.

rkneeshaw
10-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, I had a really spectacular experience with FCPEuro and wanted to post it here primarily because A) I think they earned it and B) simply to provide some balance to your perception.

I placed an order for a ton of parts for an upcoming clutch job. One of the items was backordered, and with my window of time closing before my car was scheduled to go under the knife I started getting nervous. When I called FCPEuro they contacted their supplier and had the offending item shipped out to me next day air at no charge. Now at this point the economy shipping I requested on the rest of the order wasn't going to make it to my door in time. I was able to reach customer service before it shipped and let them know I needed it sooner. They contacted their warehouse manager and caught the shipment in time and upgraded the shipping to next day air. I'll now have all my parts before my scheduled install day, and they didn't charge me anything extra, didn't give me a hard time, I even offered to pay for the upgraded shipping but they just took care of it.

I'm very pleased with their service. Best prices online too. And lifetime warranty on the parts. A+, would buy again

ZHPizza
10-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Thanks for sharing! That's exactly why I still order from them despite the bad experience with packaging. Great company that just wants to do right by their customers.

Vas
11-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Saw this on Facebook and it cracked me up

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181111/6971cd75ff098b41565b2bd6f83c0125.jpg

holyc0w
11-11-2018, 02:49 PM
holy crap :rofl

joeybananaz18
11-11-2018, 04:54 PM
holy crap :rofl

well, he hopes he will lol

FCP Euro
11-12-2018, 05:52 AM
Vas, yeah this one is very odd. We're working closely with Trevor already to try and help.

Karl Lazlo
11-13-2018, 11:19 AM
So that's where my order of stool softener ended up...

I haven't shit in days, and Trevor gets softener and extra lube. /jealous.

cornercarver
11-28-2018, 09:39 AM
Not trying to create more bad press for FCP Euro (I've had good experiences ordering from them so far) but my buddy who just ordered some shocks for his E90 got a random gasket in the box... Seems like there may still be some QC issues in the shipping department. :confused

danewilson77
11-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Not trying to create more bad press for FCP Euro (I've had good experiences ordering from them so far) but my buddy who just ordered some shocks for his E90 got a random gasket in the box... Seems like there may still be some QC issues in the shipping department. :confused

34393This was part of the "buy shocks, get a free gasket" promotion.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

sillieidiot
11-28-2018, 10:52 PM
:rofl

FCP Euro
11-29-2018, 07:26 AM
This was part of the "buy shocks, get a free gasket" promotion.

That's a strange one. Please let me know if there was anything missing from the order and we'll send out right away.

Thanks,
Dave

danewilson77
11-29-2018, 09:01 AM

34393Please see previous post

Sockethead
11-29-2018, 09:04 AM
On a positive note, my VDO MAF was packed nicely

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181129/7807357153d477f99807f75e81c1c46d.jpg

Vas
11-29-2018, 09:53 AM
On a positive note, my VDO MAF was packed nicely

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181129/7807357153d477f99807f75e81c1c46d.jpg

Smaller box then the one they used when I ordered just the MAF from them.

cornercarver
11-29-2018, 09:55 AM
That's a strange one. Please let me know if there was anything missing from the order and we'll send out right away.

Please see previous post
Thanks...my friend said he got everything. This was just extra. Maybe it was trash and they used it for packing material. :)

Sockethead
11-29-2018, 10:36 AM
Maybe the shipper is laughing about the WTF moment the guy has when he pulls out the random gasket he packed in there :)

sillieidiot
11-29-2018, 07:33 PM
They should throw wads of cash in instead. When I first open it, I'll definitely be like WTF. Then I'll be like thank you lol

johnrando
11-30-2018, 08:22 AM
This was part of the "buy shocks, get a free gasket" promotion.

:biggrin

I also like Hieu's idea of throwing cash in.

ELCID86
02-22-2019, 05:42 PM
Bumping this for recent shipments [emoji403].

Fried_Chicken
09-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Huh; I thought it was just my order, but my FCPEuro order was also packed like ass, and they took their sweet time shipping.

This contrasts with ecstuning orders I've done in the past that have been packed *extremely* well. If only their website weren't ass, and their prices were better.
FCPeuro has for the most part the lowest prices I've found.

racer2086
09-22-2019, 11:45 PM
I had a string of 3 orders with missing parts or random parts subbed for ordered parts. That was 6 months ago and all has been better since. Also the boxes are arriving in one piece with the tape intact.

I actually find ecs has cheaper prices by a few bucks on most parts I order (and has parts that fcp doesn't), but the lifetime warranty is worth it and the QC issues.

FCP Euro
09-23-2019, 10:11 AM
Huh; I thought it was just my order, but my FCPEuro order was also packed like ass, and they took their sweet time shipping.

This contrasts with ecstuning orders I've done in the past that have been packed *extremely* well. If only their website weren't ass, and their prices were better.
FCPeuro has for the most part the lowest prices I've found.

I'm sorry to hear there were issues with packing and the shipping time frame. I'll make sure our warehouse manager is aware of this.

Can you PM or email me your order number? I would like to look into this more.

davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Regards,
Dave

az3579
09-23-2019, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear there were issues with packing and the shipping time frame. I'll make sure our warehouse manager is aware of this.

Can you PM or email me your order number? I would like to look into this more.

davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Regards,
Dave

Hello Dave,
It seems to be a recurring theme. The amount of folks complaining about stuff packed poorly from FCP is rather sizable. I know people have complained about it for quite some time.

I'm a very happy pickup customer (frequent enough to be on a first name basis with Darren and Mike), but it's a bit disheartening when I sing FCP's praises and see those that live far from FCP getting their shipped goods damaged. It's kind of contradictory. :(

I really hope y'all can fix the issue so people that live far away can see how friggin' awesome you guys really are!

phillipjfry
09-23-2019, 12:21 PM
Had some zinc rotors shipped out from FCP last week. They packaged the rotors on top of each other with no barrier in between. This resulted in the rotors getting totally marred up. Contacted FCP, they sent out new ones, and gave me a return label. They were very apologetic about it. It happens, not too upset because I didn't order them as a set on accident. So it didnt hold up my time frame.

I'll update Wednesday 9/26/19 when the replacements arrive. I'm really hoping they are packaged better this time.

This order is the first one I've placed in over 7 years due to a giant hassle I had with some control arms FCP sent out. FCP reached out to me on this forum, and gave me a coupon to make things right. It was a very nice gesture on their part. I'm hoping after reading this thread I get the replacements in good condition. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190923/7a8b3e80fe70e76a090d2bda22a04761.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190923/66eead1490eee16ef86edd8279cdc8a5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

phillipjfry
09-23-2019, 02:59 PM

cornercarver
09-23-2019, 06:12 PM
I bought a window regulator and a few misc trim clips last week; it was packaged well and arrived within 2 days of ordering... Happy with them this time!

cakM3
09-24-2019, 02:37 AM
I too had a mishap when I ordered rear wheel bearings for my Audi and ended up having to order OEM wheel bearings to get my job done because of issues with my FCP Euro package. Even with the mishaps I will still order products from FCP Euro because when I addressed my issue, even after two months, they were more than willing to work with me and provide me a full refund of my order. Working with them was pleasant and the crew who work there were awesome!

Yes, it is a PITA to find out your order has missing items or worse yet, broken items upon delivery, which was the case for me. Even so, reaching out to them and explaining what was wrong with my order was all it took to make amends. I know that there is a "Why I hate ECS Tuning" thread on one of these forums somewhere for people showing discontent. The point being if I had to choose between ECS Tuning and FCP Euro to get items for any of my cars, FCP Euro will always win. :thumbsup

I'm lucky in that I can get someone to stop by FCP Euro to either pick up my orders or if I really wanted to, I can make the drive down myself to pick up my order. They have an awesome facility and I was fortunate enough to stop by there when Botond picked up his Orient touring.

Cabrio330
09-24-2019, 04:40 AM
Ugh...I just get hit hard by the FCP Euro lack-of-quality-control shipment bug. I live in TX but keep a 330cic in Atlanta for use during my weekly work visits. I ordered FCP's Mango kit and had it delivered to Atlanta so that on my trip this week I could take the car and the kit to local shop for installation. The package was delivered to my Atlanta office Friday, and I inspected it for the first time last night (Monday). It consisted of a radiator and a couple other parts - looks to be about 10% of the parts in the kit. I didn't have time to inventory what was there versus what was omitted due to my work schedule and now I had to cancel the install appointment (was scheduled for today), and I will not be back in Atlanta for 2 weeks (the extended absence was why I wanted to put the car in the shop today).

The 1st photo attached is from FCP's website showing the Mango kit's components. The 2nd photo is what I received. There is nothing hidden under the radiator.

I have contacted FCP through their website for resolution.

Ugh.

racer2086
09-24-2019, 06:05 AM
Had some zinc rotors shipped out from FCP last week. They packaged the rotors on top of each other with no barrier in between. This resulted in the rotors getting totally marred up. Contacted FCP, they sent out new ones, and gave me a return label. They were very apologetic about it. It happens, not too upset because I didn't order them as a set on accident. So it didnt hold up my time frame.

I'll update Wednesday 9/26/19 when the replacements arrive. I'm really hoping they are packaged better this time.

This order is the first one I've placed in over 7 years due to a giant hassle I had with some control arms FCP sent out. FCP reached out to me on this forum, and gave me a coupon to make things right. It was a very nice gesture on their part. I'm hoping after reading this thread I get the replacements in good condition. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190923/7a8b3e80fe70e76a090d2bda22a04761.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190923/66eead1490eee16ef86edd8279cdc8a5.jpg

Hey...I ordered a pair of front zimmerman rotors for my wifes E39 months ago and they were shipped the same way as yours. All scuffed up. The top one was all scuffed on the back rotor-pad interface (which I didn't care about, since the pads will do that), the other was all on the hat of the rotor, which I care a lot more about since that's the part coated in rust protection so it doesn't rust.

Now, I'm in FL with no rust and didn't have time to wait for another set of rotors to come, so I didn't bring it up with them. But they packed mine the EXACT same way as yours: two rotors in boxes tossed together in one box with nothing else in there. The heavy rotors shifted around so much in shipment, it obliterated the two cardboard boxes that encased each rotor. So obviously their shipping practices for rotors haven't changed much.

That being said I still use FCP for nearly all my orders :biggrin

racer2086
09-24-2019, 06:07 AM
Ugh...I just get hit hard by the FCP Euro lack-of-quality-control shipment bug. I live in TX but keep a 330cic in Atlanta for use during my weekly work visits. I ordered FCP's Mango kit and had it delivered to Atlanta so that on my trip this week I could take the car and the kit to local shop for installation. The package was delivered to my Atlanta office Friday, and I inspected it for the first time last night (Monday). It consisted of a radiator and a couple other parts - looks to be about 10% of the parts in the kit. I didn't have time to inventory what was there versus what was omitted due to my work schedule and now I had to cancel the install appointment (was scheduled for today), and I will not be back in Atlanta for 2 weeks (the extended absence was why I wanted to put the car in the shop today).

The 1st photo attached is from FCP's website showing the Mango kit's components. The 2nd photo is what I received. There is nothing hidden under the radiator.

I have contacted FCP through their website for resolution.

Ugh.

You must be expecting a second box with that order, unless they just forgot to send the other box?

phillipjfry
09-24-2019, 06:16 AM
Hey...I ordered a pair of front zimmerman rotors for my wifes E39 months ago and they were shipped the same way as yours. All scuffed up. The top one was all scuffed on the back rotor-pad interface (which I didn't care about, since the pads will do that), the other was all on the hat of the rotor, which I care a lot more about since that's the part coated in rust protection so it doesn't rust.

Now, I'm in FL with no rust and didn't have time to wait for another set of rotors to come, so I didn't bring it up with them. But they packed mine the EXACT same way as yours: two rotors in boxes tossed together in one box with nothing else in there. The heavy rotors shifted around so much in shipment, it obliterated the two cardboard boxes that encased each rotor. So obviously their shipping practices for rotors haven't changed much.

That being said I still use FCP for nearly all my orders :biggrinYeah, the friction area isnt that big of a deal I wouldn't think. But with gouging I think that's another issue. A few scuffs on the friction area normally wouldnt bother me, but i was reading the installation instructions, and they state to not use brake clean as it will damage the zinc coating. Honestly I'm a little confused as to why the coating matters on the friction area of the rotor, as it will wear as soon as the pad clamps down, but they went out of their way to instruct not to damage it.

Did you have any issues with it?

704sw
09-24-2019, 06:21 AM
Maybe I’m just lucky, but so far I haven’t received any damaged goods. However, the packaging is undeniably bad. ECS’s boxes are sturdier, better packed with filler material and sometimes boxes inside of boxes to prevent damage, and tend to be more size appropriate for the items they contain.

With that said, I am still a devout FCP customer unless it’s something they don’t carry or the price difference is significant. FCP’s free shipping is almost always faster than ECS/TMS. I’ve contacted ECS’s customer service one time and they were rude and unhelpful—the closest thing to bad service/an order error I’ve had from FCP was receiving 6 bleed screws when I ordered 4...

Cabrio330
09-24-2019, 06:26 AM
You must be expecting a second box with that order, unless they just forgot to send the other box?

My original thought too, but the first box was delivered on Friday and here we are 3 deliverable days later and no additional boxes have appeared. Also, the tracking info through FCP's website only provides data on one box. So I am not really expecting anything else to show up.

FCP Euro
09-24-2019, 06:42 AM
My original thought too, but the first box was delivered on Friday and here we are 3 deliverable days later and no additional boxes have appeared. Also, the tracking info through FCP's website only provides data on one box. So I am not really expecting anything else to show up.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the complete kit yet.

Can you PM or email me your order number? I'll look into this more for you.

davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Regards,
Dave

Cabrio330
09-24-2019, 06:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the complete kit yet.

Can you PM or email me your order number? I'll look into this more for you.

davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Regards,
Dave

Sent you an email. Appreciate your help. Thanks!

ZHP_Brandon
09-24-2019, 07:48 AM
I’ve never had a single issue with FCP so far, thank god. I live on Long Island and if I choose free shipping, it’s damn near over nighted to me via the Bridgeport Ferry to Port Jeff Ferry which is freaking awesome. I’ve found myself buying the smallest of hard to find parts or miscellaneous hardware from them instead of my dealer because it’s so much cheaper.
Ordered a new torx bolt for my electric fan and instead of 1 screw, I received several.

My only gripe is that they no longer allow tiered discounts on big purchases but I understand, that’s how they brought people into the door & now only offer a 5% discount on anything over 300$ I think. Which is more than fine for me (at times) because it usually means I only pay around 5-10$ in taxes instead of 30$+

I met two reps from FCPEuro at Mpact, one of the gentlemen was the guy who does the DIY videos and it was nice to meet people who are not only powered by enthusiast but enthusiasts themselves.

..... come to think of it, I really need to make a trip out there facility to one of there car shows lol

FCP Euro
09-24-2019, 09:55 AM
I’ve never had a single issue with FCP so far, thank god. I live on Long Island and if I choose free shipping, it’s damn near over nighted to me via the Bridgeport Ferry to Port Jeff Ferry which is freaking awesome. I’ve found myself buying the smallest of hard to find parts or miscellaneous hardware from them instead of my dealer because it’s so much cheaper.
Ordered a new torx bolt for my electric fan and instead of 1 screw, I received several.

My only gripe is that they no longer allow tiered discounts on big purchases but I understand, that’s how they brought people into the door & now only offer a 5% discount on anything over 300$ I think. Which is more than fine for me (at times) because it usually means I only pay around 5-10$ in taxes instead of 30$+

I met two reps from FCPEuro at Mpact, one of the gentlemen was the guy who does the DIY videos and it was nice to meet people who are not only powered by enthusiast but enthusiasts themselves.

..... come to think of it, I really need to make a trip out there facility to one of there car shows lol

I'm glad to hear you have had good experiences ordering from us!

Our next Cars & Coffee will be at our facility October 27th.

Regards,
Dave

racer2086
09-24-2019, 02:39 PM
Yeah, the friction area isnt that big of a deal I wouldn't think. But with gouging I think that's another issue. A few scuffs on the friction area normally wouldnt bother me, but i was reading the installation instructions, and they state to not use brake clean as it will damage the zinc coating. Honestly I'm a little confused as to why the coating matters on the friction area of the rotor, as it will wear as soon as the pad clamps down, but they went out of their way to instruct not to damage it.

Did you have any issues with it?

I had no issues with them on the car. I didn't see any deep gouging on the friction surface -- yes, that would be an issue -- but the coating on there is intended to prevent rust and protect the rotors, which when it's all worn off the non-friction surface is obviously not going to help.

phillipjfry
09-24-2019, 03:57 PM
There was a little. I got the second package. It was pretty beat up, and included a wrong rotor. I called today, they are next day airing me a new rotor. Great customer service on their end. Although, it could all be a non-issue with better packaging. If there was an option for a box to check for $5 for "special care" package I would click it to avoid this hassle.

Anyways, tomorrow I should be putting my brakes together.

I'll give FCP another shot next time, I'm thinking Vanos rebuild parts, and an oil pan gasket. Hoping it improves.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190924/fbd32b5d4a17b4819f0f17bda060bf36.jpg

FCP Euro
09-26-2019, 04:59 AM
There was a little. I got the second package. It was pretty beat up, and included a wrong rotor. I called today, they are next day airing me a new rotor. Great customer service on their end. Although, it could all be a non-issue with better packaging. If there was an option for a box to check for $5 for "special care" package I would click it to avoid this hassle.

Anyways, tomorrow I should be putting my brakes together.

I'll give FCP another shot next time, I'm thinking Vanos rebuild parts, and an oil pan gasket. Hoping it improves.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190924/fbd32b5d4a17b4819f0f17bda060bf36.jpg

It looks like that must of been a drop ship from one of our vendors, either way it's unacceptable to receive a package that way.

I see a new rotor is being sent out but let me know if there's anything I can help with in the meantime.

Regards,
Dave

Cabrio330
09-26-2019, 05:53 AM
Quick update on my shipment - I am back in Dallas and just got a note from Atlanta that a package was delivered for me. As I am not expecting any other deliveries, my hunch is this "new" package is the 2nd package FCP shipped last week. If my hunch is correct, this is a mistake by Fedex. Waiting for someone in Atlanta to send me a photo of the shipping label.

Dave, I emailed Gina back this morning asking her to NOT ship the replacement just yet until I can confirm.

For everyone else, my circumstances are pointing to a mistake by Fedex, not FCP Euro. In the meantime, FCP has been responsive and diligent in working with me. Regardless of who is ultimately at fault, I am happy with FCP's approach in handling this so far. I can't imagine the hassles they deal with regularly with shipping companies!

phillipjfry
09-26-2019, 06:14 AM
It looks like that must of been a drop ship from one of our vendors, either way it's unacceptable to receive a package that way.

I see a new rotor is being sent out but let me know if there's anything I can help with in the meantime.

Regards,
DaveDave,

You guys are good. I'll keep shopping with you. I currently have $500 of maintenance parts in my FCP cart.

I was being a little anal, because I was confused about the coatings, and my question wasn't really getting an answer.

Thank you guys for your help, and top notch service. Crap happens, you guys back up your products. If you guys get your shipping dept. on track, and you guys will be dialed.

FCP Euro
09-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Dave,

You guys are good. I'll keep shopping with you. I currently have $500 of maintenance parts in my FCP cart.

I was being a little anal, because I was confused about the coatings, and my question wasn't really getting an answer.

Thank you guys for your help, and top notch service. Crap happens, you guys back up your products. If you guys get your shipping dept. on track, and you guys will be dialed.

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. We're always looking for ways to make improvements to help eliminate errors in every department.

Glad to hear you've been happy with the service provided from us.

Regards,
Dave

FungShui
10-14-2019, 04:54 PM
I received my package on Friday and they arrived in perfect condition. Just wanted to throw that out there. I only have one package out of 7+ orders that have arrived damaged. Despite the small hiccup, I would continue to order through them.

Vas
10-21-2019, 09:13 AM
FCPEuro and the lifetime guarantee is a great way to dispose of old oil. I shipped 3 oil change kits via UPS Ground and it was worth it in the end. Just have to pack it well

san
10-21-2019, 09:40 AM
FCPEuro and the lifetime guarantee is a great way to dispose of old oil. I shipped 3 oil change kits via UPS Ground and it was worth it in the end. Just have to pack it well

Do they give you a hard time when you tell them you are shipping used oil? UPS near my place refused to ship it

Vas
10-21-2019, 10:07 AM
Do they give you a hard time when you tell them you are shipping used oil? UPS near my place refused to ship it

I drop the package off with a pre-paid label and they have not asked questions.

John in VA
10-21-2019, 12:04 PM
I spend ~$1k on parts with FCP Euro for the 2003 E39 last week to replace the blown out plastic radiator tank where the upper hose connects. Mission creep led to radiator, expansion tank with lower pressure cap, coolant level sensor, temp sender, belts/pulleys/tensioners, water pump & thermostat, CCV valve & hoses, power steering reservoir & hoses, fan clutch, and a dozen or so hoses to replace the 16-year-old original rubber. BMW radiator came in its own oversized box, expansion tank & sender in a reasonably sized box, and hoses & fan clutch packed tightly in their own box = a successful transaction!

ELCID86
10-26-2019, 07:38 AM
I drop the package off with a pre-paid label and they have not asked questions.

Same. They ask about alcohol, explosives, etc., but liquids aren’t inquired about and are legal. I just dropped some off last week.

cornercarver
10-26-2019, 12:10 PM
Send it via USPS. It's completely legal. It is not considered flammable or combustible because its flash point is way above the minimums listed in the USPS guidelines. Here's a starting point; https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c3_021.htm

You just have to make sure it's packaged properly.

san
10-27-2019, 05:32 PM
Send it via USPS. It's completely legal. It is not considered flammable or combustible because its flash point is way above the minimums listed in the USPS guidelines. Here's a starting point; https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c3_021.htm

You just have to make sure it's packaged properly.

Awesome, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fredo
11-22-2019, 06:17 AM
I'm planning go buy this FCP Euro kit ( $177.23 ) to replace the ZHP front brakes:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-brake-kit-front-e46-330i-330ci-330xi-zimmermann-akebono-330bk3

It includes:

Zimmermann rotors
Akebono ceramic pads
Bowa pad wear sensor
Anti-squeal paste

Any comments before I pull the trigger ?

Vas
11-22-2019, 06:46 AM
I'm planning go buy this FCP Euro kit ( $177.23 ) to replace the ZHP front brakes:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-brake-kit-front-e46-330i-330ci-330xi-zimmermann-akebono-330bk3

It includes:

Zimmermann rotors
Akebono ceramic pads
Bowa pad wear sensor
Anti-squeal paste

Any comments before I pull the trigger ?

Wait till Black Friday and get the complete kit ( front and rear ) for not much more.

fredo
11-22-2019, 07:01 AM
Valid point. Thank you.

pedro2u
11-22-2019, 09:18 AM
this reminds me that it's that time of year when I seem to remember a deal thread? I've decided to make this the season that I buy exactly what I want for Christmas, a Quick Jack, and remember seeing other threads in the past about sales at Costco etc...

So I'm looking for that holiday sale. Appreciate if anyone hears of a sale to please share the details!

WOLFN8TR
11-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Yes Costco usually has the QJ on sale for $999 shipped. So worth the money!

Also on FCPEURO create an account then add everything to your cart but don’t checkout. They will email you the next day with 5% Off coupon.

pedro2u
11-22-2019, 09:42 AM
I've spent a pretty penny at FCP, but didn't know the 5% trick. I'll try that on my next purchase!

And is the $999 at Costco their regular price? I remember reading some posts last holiday season where there was also a $100 off sale, so willing to rejoin Costco again if that might be coming!

pedro2u
11-22-2019, 10:46 AM
This made me nervous about what I post........... Creepy in fact

I post that I'm interested in a Quick Jack, and I immediately get an email from Pelican offering a $100 off the BL-5000 SLX.... $1,350 - $100 free shipping. Still not competitive with the Costco price but maybe some other website stalking me will please send me the $100 off at Costco (or match that price)?

:begging

https://www.pelicanparts.com/promos/1Quickjack11202019/?utm_campaign=BMW_NovSale_11-22-19&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJwZWRybzJ1QGFvbC5jb20iLCAia2 xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJMR1loOVkifQ%3D%3Doff

John in VA
11-22-2019, 02:12 PM
Also on FCPEURO create an account then add everything to your cart but don’t checkout. They will email you the next day with 5% Off coupon.
That would have been nice to know about before I spent ~$1k on the E39 underhood parts!

John in VA
11-22-2019, 02:16 PM
And is the $999 at Costco their regular price? I remember reading some posts last holiday season where there was also a $100 off sale, so willing to rejoin Costco again if that might be coming!

From Costco.com:
QuickJack 5,000-LB Capacity Portable Car Lift
4.5 out of 5 stars.
Item number 1268102
Your Price $1,199.99
Shipping & Handling Included*
https://www.costco.com/quickjack-5%2C000-lb-capacity-portable-car-lift-.product.100460313.html

pedro2u
11-22-2019, 03:53 PM
I'm seeing the BL-5000 SLX at Home Depot for $1,139 https://www.homedepot.com/p/QuickJack-BL-5000SLX-5-000-lbs-Capacity-Portable-Car-Lift-BL-5000SLX-AC-110v/307393222

For the piece of mind to lift a variety of vehicles safely, any thoughts out there for not spending a few $$ more for the 7000SX which Home Depot has for $1,309? For the extra capacity, seems like the only difference is its lowered height of 4 " versus 3.5" for the 5000. Anyone see any issues?

Anyone have the BL-7000?

ZHPizza
11-22-2019, 05:03 PM
I'm seeing the BL-5000 SLX at Home Depot for $1,139 https://www.homedepot.com/p/QuickJack-BL-5000SLX-5-000-lbs-Capacity-Portable-Car-Lift-BL-5000SLX-AC-110v/307393222

For the piece of mind to lift a variety of vehicles safely, any thoughts out there for not spending a few $$ more for the 7000SX which Home Depot has for $1,309? For the extra capacity, seems like the only difference is its lowered height of 4 " versus 3.5" for the 5000. Anyone see any issues?

Anyone have the BL-7000?Also a bear to move around. I have the 3500 and love how easy it is to move into place, but the catch points are a little short for the e46.

pedro2u
11-22-2019, 05:56 PM
Thanks, I'm prepared to trade muscling this thing around as opposed to dealing with jacking and using stands. Good data point on the spread, thanks for that.

I added the 3500 to the table to show the differences between all 3 models. Now looking for a Black Friday discount..... I think if they only discount the 5000 during the holidays it will be hard to justify the 7000

Vas
11-23-2019, 06:14 AM
The 5000slx is plenty enough. I'm able to lift a midsize suv with it and the zhp is not even a concern.

WOLFN8TR
11-23-2019, 06:34 AM
The 5000slx is plenty enough. I'm able to lift a midsize suv with it and the zhp is not even a concern.

Same here. [emoji1690]

pedro2u
11-23-2019, 06:45 AM
thanks for your experiences. Have either of you thought of adding the truck adapter kit to get and extra 7" of lift when you're lifting the ZHP? I'm guessing you'd need to drive the car up on a block first to get it under the jack pads, but 7" is seems like a nice increase over the 21" standard lift (unless it's unsafe - but its supposed to be safe for the trucks, so.....)

WOLFN8TR
11-23-2019, 09:33 AM
You don’t need that. The 5000 came with two different sets of rubber blocks, short and tall. I can measure them when I get home. Also where they go on the rail you can easily cut some 4x4 wood blocks to fit in there to get the added height if needed. I will take some pictures later.

The maximum lift height I find plenty high enough. The lift fits under my car with the rubber blocks in place (short ones) and my car is lowered about 1.5” inches.

pedro2u
11-23-2019, 10:09 AM
thanks, great info. 4"x4" blocks are a lot cheaper than their extentions ($200+). Quick Jack site does say it comes with 4ea of the 2" and 3" blocks

It makes sense to get the 5000 first, then see if I want to devise a way to get it higher. Of course I've just put both the ZHP and my E92 into winter storage, so that exhaust on my Ford Escape my be the first thing I tackle

Now I just need that Black Friday or Holiday sale!

WOLFN8TR
11-24-2019, 09:25 AM
On the QJ there are two small areas on the back that measure 8x5 and one large area up front that’s s 12x5.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191124/8a601f01852d6938d1025c8d58e742d2.plist

pedro2u
11-25-2019, 06:25 AM
great to know, thanks! Now just waiting for the Black Friday Gods to tease me with a deal I can't refuse......

704sw
06-07-2020, 04:57 PM
Bringing this thread back to life to say I've finally had a truly negative experience with FCP's famously bad packaging.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49981936433_657b0c699e_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2j9JumH)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49981939518_ccf5b51134_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2j9JvgU)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49981938818_4467973958_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2j9Jv4Q)

It's not FCP's fault that Sach's decided to put the left and right struts in different size boxes...but considering the one box was too small to fit an uncompressed strut to begin with I have a really hard time believing that piston wasn't already protruding from the product box before it went in the shipping box. Why do I not give FCP the benefit of the doubt on that? Because the FedEx box was in remarkably good condition considering its size and weight. Oh, and because the upper and lower spring pads were just thrown in the box loosely. It's a good thing I only ordered parts for the X3 and not for both cars on this order, otherwise I'd be trying to figure out which part goes to which car through trial and error.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49981940663_d73e8fb79d_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2j9JvBD)

I really hate to bitch about this, especially considering FCP's free shipping had the package delivered on a Sunday, and it was on my porch 52 hours after I placed the order. But come on guys, how is poor packaging STILL an ongoing issue? If I wasn't the first stop on the truck because I happen to live 5 miles from FedEx's North Carolina hub there's a really good chance that strut would be damaged and unusable. I use y'all for every part I buy online for all 3 BMWs in my family, and recommend FCP to everyone, but this ranks up there with the box @ZHPizza had a few years ago.

Vas
06-07-2020, 04:59 PM
Wonder why the strut didn't have a strap on it either. Usually they are compressed when shipped.

As far as the loose parts being thrown in, that is just poor packaging. Seems like these are the types of issues that arrise when orders are shipped this fast.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

WOLFN8TR
06-07-2020, 05:08 PM
FCP really needs to improve their packaging standards. I ordered 4 new rotors and one of them actually had dings on it from slamming into the others during shipping. [emoji849]

Vas
06-07-2020, 05:12 PM
FCP really needs to improve their packaging standards. I ordered 4 new rotors and one of them actually had dings on it from slamming into the others during shipping. [emoji849]Last set of rotors I bought were packed 2 into 1 box. Same issue happened.

These were the Zimmerman

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

704sw
06-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Wonder why the strut didn't have a strap on it either. Usually they are compressed when shipped.

As far as the loose parts being thrown in, that is just poor packaging. Seems like these are the types of issues that arrise when orders are shipped this fast.

Neither strut had a strap, and both boxes were still factory sealed. They were, however, both crushed from poor packaging.

I’m used to getting some parts in a generic bag with a handwritten part number scribbled on it, but never anything truly loose in the box. And the lower spring pads are “genuine BMW” (unique part to the E83 and FCP doesn’t carry an OEM equivalent) so I was really surprised they weren’t in the typical OE parts bag with blue label.

t.er
06-07-2020, 05:52 PM
When I did my shocks & struts 3 years ago, they were packaged properly, but FCP decided to reuse & recycle a box for another set of dampers - I think they were for aftermarket coilovers. I had all my parts delivered to my friend's place since we were working on my car there, and he was also ordering a bunch of parts, so we had a few stacks of boxes in one corner of the garage. Cue an hour or so of sorting through all of the boxes, trying to find a big brown box with blue tape on it. We eventually found my dampers because no, my friend didn't order aftermarket coilovers for his MR2 - I assumed he did and just set that box aside.