PDA

View Full Version : New Headlight Lenses for xenons

vwpowa
04-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Looking to replace my oem xenon lenses. Looks like the lenses might be to far damaged to polish up. Whats the best place to purchase them from? Also are the headlights on the sedan and coupe the same ? I have a sedan

Crickett
04-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Are you talking about the actual lens that is in the inner Xenon housing, or the clear plastic cover that's over the entire headlight assembly?

And no, the coupes & sedans have different headlights; the sedans have separate headlights & corners, where the coupes' corners & headlights are one piece.

Tapatalk on Jailbroken iOS: dhu eet!

danewilson77
04-13-2011, 03:52 AM
$75.00 for a set at www.khoalty.com

Droid! Srs Legitness!

vwpowa
04-13-2011, 03:57 AM
Yes the outside lens that covers the entire headlight. Thanks for the link, looks like that is where i will buy from. Never realized coupes had one piece headlights.

danewilson77
04-13-2011, 06:05 AM
You have a coupe?

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

vwpowa
04-13-2011, 08:35 AM
no Sedan

vwpowa
04-13-2011, 11:56 AM
ordered the new lenses and new side markers

danewilson77
04-14-2011, 03:13 AM
no Sedan

OK.

tripod06
04-15-2011, 12:57 PM
let us know how they come out. i'm debating on getting new ones to trying to clean the living daylights out of them. pics! haha

vwpowa
04-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Will do

Cadeez
04-18-2011, 03:35 PM
For the price new ones are the way to go, loving mine. I just didn't have the patience or desire to sand and buff my old ones.

spencers
04-18-2011, 03:39 PM
For the price new ones are the way to go, loving mine. I just didn't have the patience or desire to sand and buff my old ones.

+1

vwpowa
04-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Wow My items finally shipped. I guess It will be a week before they get here.

tripod06
05-06-2011, 03:22 PM
any update on them? also i was quoted a cleaning price of my headlights of $50.00. seem reasonable or should i just go with new ones?

az3579
05-09-2011, 11:19 AM
any update on them? also i was quoted a cleaning price of my headlights of $50.00. seem reasonable or should i just go with new ones?

For $20 more you can get brand new ones. That's the route I would take, and then Lamin-X them so you don't have to buff or replace them again.

M0nk3y
05-09-2011, 11:24 AM
If you were near me I'd wetsand and buff them for free. Sadly everyone now and days are out to make money. The product you actually use to do headlights are like $5 at MOST; the only thing you're really wasting is 2-3 sheets of wetsand paper. Sad on the mark-up :(

vwpowa
05-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Replaced lenses have had them on for a little while. They don't fit quite as tight as the oem lenses. After washing engine bay they fogged up on the inside. They ended up drying out. I'm a little disappointed. They look great.

az3579
05-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Replaced lenses have had them on for a little while. They don't fit quite as tight as the oem lenses. After washing engine bay they fogged up on the inside. They ended up drying out. I'm a little disappointed. They look great.

Where did you end up buying them? I've never taken apart the headlight lenses before, but I would assume there's some kind of seal. Anytime you take something like that apart, it's good practice to replace the seal, as it's already "molded" to the old lenses. Wouldn't fit right with a new set. Is there a seal in there to replace, and if so, did you do it?

Cadeez
05-27-2011, 08:50 AM

Mine do the same thing from time to time in really heavy all day rain, along with my fogs, I just turn em all on and go for a drive. Usually clears them out. First time I saw it happen I was furious, so I disassembled them, cleaned up the seal REALLY good and closed them back up. Helped a little but it's not 100%, but neither is anything aftermarket.

Johal E32
06-28-2011, 08:20 AM
I also need headlight lenses.

What if I order them with the OEM headlight lens seal? Will I still have the fogging issue?

shadowpuck
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM
i have the khoalty lenses as well; also replaced the gaskets.
at least on mine, the replacement lenses fit incredibly tight.

i noticed on mine, too, when replacing the lenses there were almost two levels of compression. at first, the lens fit, but not tight. i then wiggled it some more and all the clips came down much more tightly.

i've been beyond happy with mine - been in a couple of large downpours and no issues here.

danewilson77
06-30-2011, 05:04 PM
i have the khoalty lenses as well; also replaced the gaskets.
at least on mine, the replacement lenses fit incredibly tight.

i noticed on mine, too, when replacing the lenses there were almost two levels of compression. at first, the lens fit, but not tight. i then wiggled it some more and all the clips came down much more tightly.

i've been beyond happy with mine - been in a couple of large downpours and no issues here.

+1

HTC Thunderbolt+TT