PDA

View Full Version : Weird stutter @ 5000 RPM

AzkotikBMW
04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey guys, i know its been awhile since I've been around, but i've been enjoying my car. (I'll post some pics in a day or 2)

Anyways, today I pulled up next to a modded out Neon, and he was revving his engine like he wanted to race...sooooooo I put my better judgement aside and let him have it....lol

Needless to say it wasn't a race at all...but I did notice my car acting funny.

In 3rd gear when I got to 5k RPM it started to stutter almost like it was redlining or not getting enough gas? It was really weird. On the way home from work I tested it, and it was still happening (9 hours later). It doens't happen in 1st or 2nd gear, but in 3rd and 4th for sure.

Has anyone had any problem like this? Or know what it could be at all?

static667
04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Do you know how old the fuel filter is? It could be a little clogged up. That's where I would start.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate. Hacked Droid FTW!

danewilson77
04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Fuel, spark, air. Thats what I would be thinking. Obviously you have no codes....which air leak should give you (I say should)

Last time plugs were changed? Fuel filter? (as mentioned above). How much gas was in the car.

Mileage on car again?

Could even be transmission related.

hunter36
04-23-2011, 07:05 AM
same stutter on a friend's between 2800-3000, 3rd gear...could be the VANOS...methodically checking a few things...

let us know if you find the fix

MrMaico
04-23-2011, 07:16 AM
same stutter on a friend's between 2800-3000, 3rd gear...could be the VANOS...methodically checking a few things...

let us know if you find the fix

He might need a DME update. I had the same miss and a Vanos rebuild didn't help at all. See my post (#22) here.....

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?2092-Did-any-of-you-get-the-latest-DME-update