PDA

View Full Version : "Tag Words" before the sub-forum titles....

Washburn
11-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Hm...idk about the little "Tag Words" before the sub-forum headings, like: "The Mark – ZHP Mafia’s Suggestion and Idea Section"

It seems to be distracting (to me) jump to a section I want to select - I always have to read or skip something and then search (sort of) to find the section I need - I think sub forum titles should remain the way they were - and one can add something at the end perhaps, if it's needed.

Idk - i might be alone in this, but I think it's a bit unnecessary and distracting.

Even the "ZHP Mafia's..." part at the beginning is really not needed - I mean it's obvious that it IS the ZHP Mafia's General Section, etc, isn't it?
I really think sub forums should be titled simply, as in "Classifieds section", "General Section", "Gallery"...etc etc. for most efficient and clutter free navigation between sub forums.

and if this Tag/ZHP Mafia part is a must, then at least it should be consistent - (Wheels/tires and Detailing sections are still the way they were, which I like - I want all titles to be that way :) )just my thoughts...

Marcus-SanDiego
11-13-2010, 11:41 AM
I changed it back. I polled a bunch of people and they agreed that we should use forum names that are uniform and familiar to other sites we use.

danewilson77
11-13-2010, 12:34 PM
People and their resistance to change.

You guys want a site like all the rest? Was it really thaaaaaaaat hard?

Marcus-SanDiego
11-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Dane, I was getting the same resistance here in San Diego as well. I defer to the users of the site.

danewilson77
11-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Mmm...its all good.

Washburn
11-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Thank you Marcus - I am relieved to hear I was not the only one. I hope it wasn't too much of a hassle to change it back.

Alphatek45
11-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Definitely cleaner.

Marcus-SanDiego
11-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Thank you Marcus - I am relieved to hear I was not the only one. I hope it wasn't too much of a hassle to change it back.

Want to know how difficult it was? I was hanging out with two ZHP Mafia members (Khoalty and mwscircle) -- at one of their houses -- and I did all of it on my iPad. These two members agreed as well.

The consensus seemed to be that it is more efficient when titles are similar to other sites. It reduces search time. Hard to argue with that.

danewilson77
11-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah....the site looks nice, clean, and normal again. Nothing wrong with normal I guess...