PDA

View Full Version : How to use NCS Expert?

az3579
04-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Does anyone have some kind of guide showing how to use NCS Expert? I keep seeing posts about people being able to program modules and change settings, but I see no posts telling them how to actually used the darned program (how to load a profile, where to go to change settings, etc.). Does anyone have some kind of tutorial that I could use to at least get started?

spencers
04-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Have you searched bimmerforums? I recall there being a few threads.

A lot of this software is undocumented. BMW didn't release this stuff into the wild for everyone to use. Some guys got a hold of the software and reverse-engineered it to allow us to install it on our own computers.

It's undocumented for good reason. You can really mess up your car if you do the wrong thing. But there is little bits of information floating out there. Just gotta search.

johnrando
04-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Have you searched bimmerforums? I recall there being a few threads.

A lot of this software is undocumented. BMW didn't release this stuff into the wild for everyone to use. Some guys got a hold of the software and reverse-engineered it to allow us to install it on our own computers.

It's undocumented for good reason. You can really mess up your car if you do the wrong thing. But there is little bits of information floating out there. Just gotta search.

I think the idea is to cull all those pieces of information here in one spot so it's much more straightforward. And of course, we use "family search" here. John

az3579
04-14-2011, 06:03 AM
I've searched all over the place for information on it but all I find is "whiich setting to change", not "how to I navigate the menus to get to the settings I want".

Sent from my DROIDX

VA//M3
05-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I created a DIY thread here

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3073-DIY-How-to-load-up-NCSEXPERT

It's mostly a rough draft now; but I will keep adding to it.