PDA

View Full Version : VF Supercharger Installed - Upper radiator hose

jeffs330ci
01-16-2019, 02:39 PM
Hello gang - got my car back yesterday and was snooping under the hood and saw that the upper radiator hose are perilously close to the tensioner pulley and fan blades. slight abrasion on both sides. Imagine with the flex of the engine is causing.

Has anyone had to deal with this?

Vas
01-16-2019, 03:04 PM
A shop did this install?

If that is the case I would be pissed. A ziptie should not be used to hold a radiator hose.

Also those hoses look like they are the incorrect ones. Factory ones don't use worm clamps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

slater
01-16-2019, 03:45 PM
I agree with Vas. That’s not professional.

I would take it back, demand they fix it properly, and ask for a discount on your bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reasoned1
01-16-2019, 03:56 PM
And this is why I keep feeling obliged to do my own work whenever possible...

jeffs330ci
01-16-2019, 06:23 PM
I took a look around and was more excited about the sound, etc. Overlooked the zip tie.

Its really tight in the engine bay now and the upper hose is part of the VF kit. While they have been making the kit for years, there are still many areas of improvement.

I have a hour drive to the shop and really hate to drive there again with the risk of blown hose. Racking my brain on how I can get an additional .1/2 of inch on the hose.

Vas
01-16-2019, 06:31 PM
You can go from the mechanical fan to the electric fan.

slater
01-16-2019, 06:43 PM
You can go from the mechanical fan to the electric fan.

yep, this works. easy swap.

az3579
01-17-2019, 05:04 AM
Hello gang - got my car back yesterday and was snooping under the hood and saw that the upper radiator hose are perilously close to the tensioner pulley and fan blades. slight abrasion on both sides. Imagine with the flex of the engine is causing.

Has anyone had to deal with this?

That looks like a classic case of "the radiator is not mounted properly". I had a similar issue, but with the expansion tank. It got really close to my drive belts, which eventually wore a hole through the tank. FCP Euro's warranty FTW, got a free replacement even though it was my fault. The radiator wasn't quite seated properly on the bottom lip that holds the radiator in, which caused everything to lean forward just enough to cause an issue. Bet your radiator isn't mounted properly!

Sockethead
01-17-2019, 05:38 AM
ESS TS2 has a similar problem with the supercharger drive pulley. Their solution was a new upper radiator hose that is essentially backwards and a bracket that keeps the hose away from the pulley.... It all came with the kit.
I would look into BP suggestion first. I never had to pull the radiator or the expansion tank to install my SC but every kit is different.

A pic of the bracket. Hard to see in a phone but if you zoom in to the power steering reservoir, you’ll see it attached at the bottom

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190117/b65b95a5f738cf7a177f88435eea528f.jpg