PDA

View Full Version : TB Swap

bullfrogs_M3
04-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Getting ready to swap out my OEM Throttle Body and drop in my Dinan High Flow. Do I need to look into replacing my DISA valve?

I'm sittin on 72K miles right now

static667
04-15-2011, 07:10 AM
I don't know about replacing it but, it would be a good time to do the gasket.

You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate. Hacked Droid FTW!

danewilson77
04-15-2011, 07:34 AM
I don't know about replacing it but, it would be a good time to do the gasket.

You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

What gasket? TB gasket?

@ OP.....It certainly won't hurt to pull it out (the disa) and do a visual inspection on it. Make sure it operates by design and flapper is nice and tight....

Kudos
04-15-2011, 01:33 PM
What are the expected gains for this? I was reading the post on e46f about a tb replacement, not a dinan, but bored to max by maxxbore or some company and i think the gain was negligible because the head is what is already limiting engine power.

static667
04-15-2011, 02:38 PM
I thought that the DISA would have a gasket. That's what I get for thinking....

ZSP-Mafia
04-15-2011, 03:22 PM
I thought that the DISA would have a gasket. That's what I get for thinking....

It's not really a gasket, but the orange seal on the DISA has a tendency to not re-seal properly. I put a bit of RTV sealant around the opening when I did mine

95m3ltw
05-10-2011, 06:22 PM
What are the expected gains for this? I was reading the post on e46f about a tb replacement, not a dinan, but bored to max by maxxbore or some company and i think the gain was negligible because the head is what is already limiting engine power.

You are correct, TB replacements have been documented time and time again on dyno's to produce 0 gains. I dont understand why people still buy them.