PDA

View Full Version : Yall think im lowballing this guy? 2005 330ci vert w 85k miles.

DejaExotica
06-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Hey whastup you guys, my name is Deja, Im new to this group so bear with me. Within the next week or so, im planning on meeting up with a guy whos flying from Chicago to Florida for me to possibly purchase his vacation car. Its an automatic 2005 330ci BMW vert w 85k miles on it and impeccable sand leather interior. Unsure as of now if theres any sport/cold weather packages on the car, but its definitely not a ZHP. The cars condition is aesthetically perfect from what I can see on the pictures and he claims the mechanics are running as they should be.

Lets just say after I get the car thoroughly diagnosed and checked to see if its mechanically sound, and it needs no work at all, do you think that his asking price 8250$ is too steep? I was going to bargain with him, starting off at 5k, with my cap on my budget being 6k cash in hand.

KBB states that the private range fro this cars pricing is from 5,394-8,767$. The avg. private party value is at 7,081$. (with the mileage caculated into the pricing)

I would only pay my budgect cap if everything indeed did check out to be perfect. I wanted to know if you all had any bargaining advice or opinions on my starting bargaining price of 5k? Do you think it should be lower, or is it a good starting point?
I ask because 8k for a 14 year old car to me is a little steep, no matter the condition. I will post updates as I learn if the car has multiple owners or not, if all the paperwork for mechanical repairs is present, if the car is possibly a sport package, when I actually view the car, and what the mechanics say when I get the car to get looked at. Please let me know what yall think! :)

az3579
06-13-2019, 10:58 AM
I would say 7-8k would be a fair price for the vehicle. 6k seems too low IMO for something that low mileage and in supposedly excellent condition. I would probably expect to walk away with it for about 7k considering it's an automatic convertible, the least "valuable" configuration.

DeathTrap
06-13-2019, 11:30 AM
I would say 7-8k would be a fair price for the vehicle. 6k seems too low IMO for something that low mileage and in supposedly excellent condition. I would probably expect to walk away with it for about 7k considering it's an automatic convertible, the least "valuable" configuration.No maintenance records = 6500.
Some records = 7500
Full history = Asking price

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RPM ZHP
06-14-2019, 12:33 PM
My daughter just totalled her 05 330 convertible. Sport package and AT. Excellent condition and just over 100k. Insurance paid her 9K.

She was fine, luckily.

ComradeNick
06-14-2019, 12:42 PM
Depends on packages, if it's a base then 5k is reasonable, if it's a zsp then I'd go up to maybe 7. Its impossible to tell though without seeing a post, do you have his CL post on hand so we could see?

But imo I think 8500 for a non zhp auto is a lot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reasoned1
06-14-2019, 02:19 PM
My bargaining advice: Pay as little as possible, but get as much as possible. Just remember that defying the market carries risk of losing out to another bidder/seller.

DejaExotica
06-16-2019, 07:09 PM
So he said he has some of the mechanical records and it is a sport and cold weather package. The car also has a M sport alancantra wheel and an M on the back. Does anyone know what the M signifies? I know of the M sport cars such as the M3, but its a 330ci so I am confused as to what the M possibly signifies. Im meeting him this saturday. Wish me luck!

ComradeNick
06-16-2019, 07:47 PM
That's a ZSP (Sport package) Unless he changed it out that's not an M wheel, you can see in pic it has a split bottom and looks like leather, which is what ZSPs come standard with.

Also the M is just a random badge he glued on no non M3 e46s have an addition badge.

Looks really clean, but 8500 of clean is up to you, I'd say 6 is a good price w/ a reasonable amount of service records, maybe 7 if it has everything done. Make sure you pay for a good PPI b/c if that car hasn't had the major services taken care of recently it's going to be pretty pricey before 100k.

GL

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk