PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for installing PASOFT on XP

Washburn
03-06-2021, 09:30 AM
Hello again to everyone after several years of hiatus.
I still have the ZHP and it's at 70k miles now :)

I am getting the PASOFT and the Software from the vendor here (Tony) and I already have an old XP laptop with SP3.

I know he will send me instructions on installation and he will even support remotely BUT I was wondering if the step by step instructions for installing on an XP machine is listed somewhere.
Almost all instructions i can find are for installing on Win 7 or Win 10. I think the XP installation should be a bit simpler? but I want to get it right, and as XP became obsolete the instructions for installing it on an XP seem to vanished from the www as well.

(I do have a Win 10 pro laptop and a Win 7 home laptop but I'd prefer to use the dedicated XP laptop as I bought it just for this purpose).

If there's anyone who can point me to a detailed step-by-step for XP OR willing to help with some handholding during installation and initial connection to car, I'd appreciate it very much (just feel like I need some moral support the first time).

Thanks in advance!

cakM3
03-06-2021, 09:39 AM
Nice to see you here again! I would reach out to Botond (az3579) or Tony (tnhl1989) for how to set this software up. Botond set my PS Soft software up on my laptop.

Washburn
03-06-2021, 09:43 AM
Nice to see you here again! I would reach out to Botond (az3579) or Tony (tnhl1989) for how to set this software up. Botond set my PS Soft software up on my laptop.
Thank you! I will definitely keep them in mind!

cakM3
03-06-2021, 10:23 AM
Thank you! I will definitely keep them in mind!

Start with Botond... he needs something to do right now ;)

Washburn
03-06-2021, 10:45 AM
Start with Botond... he needs something to do right now ;)LOL OK

Tnhl1989
03-06-2021, 11:27 AM

Here is the instructions.

Washburn
03-06-2021, 11:40 AM

Here is the instructions.Thank you!
At work right now, and going to order scanner as soon as I get home today!

cakM3
03-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Tony is the "go to" for PA Soft :thumbsup

Washburn
03-07-2021, 10:04 AM
CRAZY!
I just realized that I bought the PASoft Scanner already from Tony in 2015 !!! :jawdrop
I guess I never got to play with it due to lack of an XP Laptop (those days it was unusual to try with other OS)
Even after I got the XP laptop I must have been either scared to do it alone... or life got in the way

So I guess I just need to find the Scanner/cable (should still work right?)

BUT I am going to buy/DL the software from Tony's website just to make sure I get the latest software and driver package...

To be continued ... hopefully this time i really will do it.