PDA

View Full Version : About to be first time BMW owner.

Mr Paul
04-16-2011, 04:59 PM
As a driver of Audis for the past 8 years, I am very close to buying my first BMW, a 330i ZHP. My last car was a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Stage 3. I spent 4 years of my life tearing into that car and making it the beast that I wanted it to be. I pulled the motor and rebuilt it with oversized pistons and stronger connecting rods and replacing and/or upgrading everything along the way. It was a very fun car and I was sad to see it go.

BUT..., being a car guy, I knew I just had to own the Ultimate Driving Machine and get myself a BMW. I fell in love with the ZHP and have been searching for one for the past couple of months. Hopefully within the next few weeks I will find what I am looking for and can become a more active part of this community. Once I make a purchase I will be sure to post up some pics.

I have a strong mechanical knowledge of cars, and I am a mechanical engineer, so I will hopefully be able to learn the BMW ways and be able to learn much more about these cars. I can't wait for my first BMW!

Marcus-SanDiego
04-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Excellent. Glad to have you here at the site.

Welcome!

M0nk3y
04-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Welcome!

Good luck with your searching!

static667
04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the Mafia, Paul. Hopefully you can teach us some stuff.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate. Hacked Droid FTW!

kayger12
04-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the Family.

Hope you find what you're looking for soon.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
04-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the Mafia John. You came to the right place.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Mike V
04-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Welcome! What color and options are you looking for? We might be able to help you find something.

Edit: I just noticed you're in KC. I'm just down the road in Sedalia. Are you involved with the KC Audi club (now called Heartland Audi)?

Mr Paul
04-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome! What color and options are you looking for? We might be able to help you find something.

Edit: I just noticed you're in KC. I'm just down the road in Sedalia. Are you involved with the KC Audi club (now called Heartland Audi)?

Yep, I've done some things with the KC Audi club, usually when they go to the indoor karting place, Saddlers. But I read their message boards every day but only post every now and then.

Mike V
04-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Yep, I've done some things with the KC Audi club, usually when they go to the indoor karting place, Saddlers. But I read their message boards every day but only post every now and then.

I was on their email list before they went to the forum.

If you're interested, I have been considering selling my ZHP.

Imola Red
6 spd
Black kidneys are the only 'mod'
46k miles
ClearBra,
Manuals + window sticker
Mobil 1 every 5k (will get fresh European Formula Syntec soon)
$18.5k includes the 17" winter set of wheels/tires (and of course the stock 18s)
Beisan vanos repair already done

It's been a great car but I decided that I want an M3 so I'm going to sell the ZHP and going to be patient for the right M3 to come along. This was a very recent decision, so you're the first to know that the car is for sale. :) A local sale would be nice! I'm the 2nd owner. The original owner lives in KC and only put 22k miles on it. I've more than doubled his miles in just 16 months (bought it Dec 2009)!

Let me know if you want more info.

kayger12
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear you're gonna part with her, but wish you luck in your M3 search.

Mr Paul
04-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Mike, thanks for the info and letting me know first! I am currently talking with an owner of Silver Gray 330i and so long as the pre-purchase inspection doesn't reveal anything majorly wrong, I will be buying that car. But if it falls through I will definitely let you know as your car I am sure is nice and clean. Good luck with the M3, perhaps I'll see you around sometime.

Mike V
04-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Good luck with the SG one! Is it local?

Marcus-SanDiego
04-17-2011, 03:47 PM
And the good news is that we won't be losing mike from the mafia family. We will be looking at his pictures at bmwmafia.com. Previously we wouldn't let him sell the car. :biggrin

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

Mr Paul
04-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Good luck with the SG one! Is it local?

Thanks! No, it's not local. I am looking at a long drive back, but I am looking forward to it. I enjoy road trips.

Mike V
04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks! No, it's not local. I am looking at a long drive back, but I am looking forward to it. I enjoy road trips.

It sounds like you're opposed to red. ;) That's ok though... I understand.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-17-2011, 08:18 PM
It's a conspiracy, Mike. I've put out the word that no one can buy your car. ZHP Mafia for life. :biggrin

Mr Paul
04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
It sounds like you're opposed to red. ;) That's ok though... I understand.

Certainly not opposed to red but I love the SG. If it falls through I'll definitely be contacting you for more info.

09mageec
04-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Welcome Paul! Good luck on your dream machine search. Funny thread btw. Conspiracy hahaha

Mike V
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Certainly not opposed to red but I love the SG. If it falls through I'll definitely be contacting you for more info.

Imola Red... all the cool kids are doing it. :)

Mtnman
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome! Cant go wrong with the SG! those Imola guys think they own the forum! hahaha.. Mike, sorry to hear you are departing from the ranks.. We still love ya though, and that is a good price on a nice car.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Yep. We wish Mike nothing but the best. We'll soon see him posting over at BMWMafia.com on a regular basis. We own you, Mike!

:mwah

johnrando
04-19-2011, 08:20 AM
... those Imola guys think they own the forum! hahaha.. ...

While it is a forum of the people and owned by the people (kinda like the Green Bay Packers), they technically DO own the forum! LOL

Besides, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. it takes discerning taste to go black.

DISCLAIMER: all of the above stated with tongue in cheek. Just like messin' w/da Imola Reds. (Sounds like a name for a team).

EDIT: OH, and welcome to the family OP!

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 08:38 AM
While it is a forum of the people and owned by the people (kinda like the Green Bay Packers), they technically DO own the forum! LOL

Besides, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. it takes discerning taste to go black.

DISCLAIMER: all of the above stated with tongue in cheek. Just like messin' w/da Imola Reds. (Sounds like a name for a team).

EDIT: OH, and welcome to the family OP!

I prefer the Imola Red Stockings. Professionally recognized since 1869 (perfect record that year, too). :biggrin

johnrando
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
I prefer the Imola Red Stockings. Professionally recognized since 1869 (perfect record that year, too). :biggrin

Love it! I'll throw in with the Jet Black Sox. :-)

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 08:43 AM

Very nice.

Anyhow, welcome to the site, Mr. Paul.

johnrando
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Very nice.

Anyhow, welcome to the site, Mr. Paul.

Yes, sorry to hijack your introduction Mr. Paul!

mimalmo
04-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Welcome.

Mike V
04-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Paul, did you see the blue ZHP in KC with 28k miles on Autotrader? Looks like a pretty good deal at $19,900.

RITmusic2k
04-21-2011, 09:19 AM

Jet Black Sox 3rd baseman checking in; welcome to the Bavarian side of the woods!

I've always loved Audis; my first car was an old 5000 turbo, and it's still one of my favorite car's of all I've owned. The day before I bought my ZHP I was 80% committed to purchasing a contemporary S4, but the gas mileage ultimately turned me away. The good news is, I'm quite sure I made the right choice. Good luck with the purchase!

CO ZHP
04-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Welcome and like others here have mentioned patience is the key. Took me several months to find the right car.

Dave

Mike V
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Did you pick up your SG yet, Paul?