PDA

View Full Version : ESS Supercharger

Muggzie
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Alright I've been thinking about this mod for awhile now, and Im building up the car in anticipation of this a few mod I have and am in the process of getting are Im currently running a sprint buster afe intake and power flex polyurethane bushings ....... OE stress bar, UUC sway bars, new slotted rotters and brakes will be on there way the car has 72k miles its and 03 im changing the valve cover gasket tomorrow, should i get radiator water pump and hoses all fluids were changed not even 1k miles ago accept power steering clutch is still good doesnt slip and the gear box is tight it still clicks when you put it in gear any one have comments on this or other things i should do before the supercharger i plan on getting the TS2

bullfrogs_M3
04-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Alright, I've been thinking about this mod for a while now and i'm building up the car in anticipation of this. A few mods that I have and am in the process of getting are, a Sprint Buster, AFE Intake and Power Flex bushings. OEM Strut Bar, UUC Swaybars and new slotted rotors and pads will be on there way. The car has 72K miles on it and it's a 2003. I'm changing the valve cover gasket tomorrow. Should I get the radiator water pump and hoses? All fluids were changed not even 1K miles ago, except the power steering. The clutch is still good and doesn't slip and the gear box is tight. It still clicks when you put it in gear. Anyone have comments on this or other things I should do before the supercharger? I plan on getting the TS2

Okay, sorry about that rewrite. Now then, yes, the TS2 is a great kit. There a number of E46 3 series and E39 5 series, here in AZ, that run the kit. The power output is pretty incredible from just the low end kit. ESS does all of their programming, testing and shipping for the US market here in Chandler, AZ. I don't know where you are in the US, but you might want to look into the upgraded cooler if you are in a warmer area, IE: Nevada, AZ, SoCal, Texas, etc.. It sounds like from the work you are doing and have done, that you should be ready for it. The TS2 is a good supercharger that isn't overly aggressive as the TS3 or others. Plus you will get a solid DME tune out of it as part of the package.

M0nk3y
04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Be ready to replace your clutch and flywheel. If it's not slipping now, it will be sooner or later with the power you will be making

Muggzie
04-18-2011, 08:00 PM
I live In Dover New Hampshire so its pretty nice all year just winters suck and i would put it away then but i plan on replacing the clutch at 75k

mikeyb74
04-19-2011, 07:56 AM
There is a local e46 guy that installed a ESS Supercharger on his 325xi. It cost him $7500 for the S/C kit and installation at a speed shop over in Manchester. I would also upgrade the brakes on your ZHP.

Muggzie
04-20-2011, 09:42 AM
well i could do it myself save some money and plus i need a project to do im gonna be pretty bored with all my free time off

Nivo
04-20-2011, 10:37 AM
well i could do it myself save some money and plus i need a project to do im gonna be pretty bored with all my free time off

Yeah it's better to take on some simple S/C kit to save tons.. it's fun and then you'll know the car even more!

I am going turbo myself...