PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Mafia Site Statistics

Marcus-SanDiego
11-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Have you ever wondered how busy, in terms of traffic, some of the forums you visit are? I have.

I've always tried to do things differently on the sites I've owned. In that vein, I am going to share some of my site statistics with the membership at ZHP Mafia.

I'll update it once a week right here in this thread.

Sessions graph

This report shows the trend of recent activity on your website in terms of Visitor Sessions over time.

Calculation Methodology

A 'Session' is defined as a series of clicks on your site by an individual visitor during a specific period of time. A Session is initiated when the visitor arrives at your site, and it ends when the browser is closed or there is a period of inactivity.

The average session time is 10 minutes and 56 seconds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/marcussandiego/sessionsgraph.jpg

Pageviews Graph

This report shows the trend of recent activity on your website in terms of Pageviews over time.

Calculation Methodology

A 'Pageview' is defined as a request from a visitor's browser for a displayable web page, generally an HTML file. Urchin's configuration controls which file extensions are treated as Pageviews. In general, images and other embedded content, such as style sheets and javascript, are not considered to be Pageviews.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/marcussandiego/pageviews.jpg

Hits Graph

This report shows the trend of recent activity on your website in terms of successful Hits over time.

Calculation Methodology

A 'Hit' is simply a successful request to your web server from a visitor's browser for any type of file, whether an image, HTML page, an MP3 file, or any other type. A single web page can cause many Hits -- one for each image included on the page, etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/marcussandiego/hitsmafia.jpg

You can see that the peak usage on the site was during the early part of November. That's not surprising. That's when this site was opened up to general members. Site traffic has been tapering downward since then. Site traffic has also inched downward because I've been able to screen out some of the spam-bot traffic.

Eventually, as the site becomes more popular, the traffic metrics will start moving higher -- and eventually surpass the peaks that we experienced in early November.

To this point, I am quite pleased with the activity at ZHP Mafia.

zhp43867
11-20-2010, 05:24 PM
That is pretty cool. Why do you think there was a slight downfall from ~11/08-11/20?

Washburn
11-20-2010, 05:41 PM
He already said why he thinks that happened: Novelty wearing off, and less spam/bot traffic:

You can see that the peak usage on the site was during the early part of November. That's not surprising. That's when this site was opened up to general members. Site traffic has been tapering downward since then. Site traffic has also inched downward because I've been able to screen out some of the spam-bot traffic..

zhp43867
11-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Ah sorry. I read the top scanned the charts and posted. :p

thesixsins
11-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Cool!

Marcus-SanDiego
11-20-2010, 09:20 PM
That's a pretty typical pattern for a new site. Early spike, followed by dip, with slow climb upward after that. It will be interesting to see what traffic looks like in a month.

Alphatek45
11-21-2010, 04:48 AM
I often wonder how many members we will have at the 1 year mark etc.

Marcus-SanDiego
11-21-2010, 08:07 AM
We shall see. I don't think we'll ever have more than 1000 members, though. First, I don't think there are that many ZHP owners out there (relatively speaking). And, two, we'll only get a fraction of those owners signing up for this site.

We'll see, though.