PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Question............Please come in

GMATT
04-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi, to start off if this is in the wrong place please move.

On to the question...........I may be able to purchase a 2006 Orient blue/gray ZHP coupe very low miles (25k) from the original owner who claims the car is perfect. He also wants big money...$25k..........he will not move one Dollar and says if it does not sell, he will just keep it. I have yet to see the car, but am told (independent shop) that the car is perfect (their words, not mine).

So do I buy??? The fact that the car is local to me makes it worth a little more, just don't want to get "hosed"

Your thoughts........ and please don't say try to talk him down, spent 2 weeks doing that, he is firm on the price.

Thanking all of you in advance for this great forum, if I buy one before June plan to attend the "festivities"

Gary

mimalmo
04-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Sounds like a nice car. I'd pay big money for a ZHP right now if it was going to be a second car that was going to get driven only a few thousand miles per year on weekends, to shows and get together's.

I wouldn't spend big money on a ZHP that was going to be used as a daily driver and have a bunch of miles racked up on it. There are plenty of nice ZHP's with 50k to 85k miles on them that are perfect for daily driver cars.

Even if the first scenario applies, $25k is indeed a lofty price. It would have to be a manual trans, Alcantara (or Natural Brown Leather) and either loaded with nav, etc or stripped down with no sunroof. But that's just my opinion...

kayger12
04-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Make no doubt about it- you'll be getting hosed.

The question is- is it worth it to you to get hosed to get in that specific car.

I overpaid for my car. I knew I was overpaying, but that was the price to get in the car that was exactly what I wanted, so it was worth it for me.

$25k is way steep, but if it's the exact car that you want and you have the money, it might be worth doing.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

pleasecorrupt
04-23-2011, 08:26 PM
there will be other cars be patient, i've seen 3xk cars go for around ~20k. that 5k miles is not with an additional 5k

Marcus-SanDiego
04-24-2011, 06:30 AM
I can, of course, only speak about my own preference to spend or not spend $25K on that car. I would not do it.

Politely thank the owner and move on. That's what I would do.

Oli77
04-24-2011, 06:36 AM
How do we offer opinions if the year of the car is not stated?

Am I missing something here?

Marcus-SanDiego
04-24-2011, 06:38 AM
We're basing our opinions on the mileage -- with no concern for the model year. I wouldn't pay that much for a 2006 with that mileage, so knowing the year is unnecessary for me.

Oli77
04-24-2011, 06:48 AM
I think I just learned something important here, ZHPs were discontinued after 2006?

Duuuh! Never mind.

Take away my e46 card please...

Marcus-SanDiego
04-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Oli, no worries, pal.

Yep. Last ZHP rolled out in August 2006.

No one is taking your card.

I'm going to update the BMW ZHP 330 frequently asked questions thread (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1789-Frequently-Asked-Questions-%28FAQ%29-About-the-BMW-E46-330-ZHP-Performance-Package-Option) -- to indicate the last month of production.

rikdee
04-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Sounds like a nice car but simply measured in money, it is somewhat overpriced. Yet, I have paid top dollar for most every Bimmer I've purchased but I bought exactly what I wanted, price nothwithstanding. You might hang for a bit and watch the market for 30 days or so. At $25K, I doubt that thing will jump out of his garage. In the final analysis, buy what you really want, it's only money being traded for enjoyment.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-24-2011, 07:37 AM
^^^Exactly.

kayger12
04-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Sounds like a nice car but simply measured in money, it is somewhat overpriced. Yet, I have paid top dollar for most every Bimmer I've purchased but I bought exactly what I wanted, price nothwithstanding. You might hang for a bit and watch the market for 30 days or so. At $25K, I doubt that thing will jump out of his garage. In the final analysis, buy what you really want, it's only money being traded for enjoyment.

Well said.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

GMATT
04-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Updated to show year.........duhhhhhh2006. As was said in Roundel recently, "life is too short to drive crappy cars"

Thank you all for your comments. I am going to look at the car this week. We will see how and if I want to bend over!

Gary

Marcus-SanDiego
04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Updated to show year.........duhhhhhh2006. As was said in Roundel recently, "life is too short to drive crappy cars"

Thank you all for your comments. I am going to look at the car this week. We will see how and if I want to bend over!

Gary

Regardless of what you do, Gary, don't worry about what we think of the price you ultimately pay. It's your car and your money.

Enjoy.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.