PDA

View Full Version : Car covers?

Johnmadd
04-24-2011, 12:49 PM
I am ordering a car cover from bavauto tommorow and wanted to know if you guys recommend another and what you guys think of the bavauto custom fitted cover or the noah cover.

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

I dont drive it everyday and the rain and pollen are getting the car dirty all the time even when im not driving it is driving me crazy. I am leaning towards the thin bavauto one for 199$ because it looks better for what I need as far as taking it off and on all the time but I wonder how well it would deal with rain. The noah seem like it is great but I think it would be more hassle than the bavauto one and looks more like for storage. I need to buy this week if anyone has either product or anyone just has an opinion feel free to reply.

pleasecorrupt
04-24-2011, 12:57 PM
If you're parking it outside, car covers may actually screw up your paint and finish with the rub the wind makes with the cover fyi

zhpnsnv
04-24-2011, 02:07 PM
I had a cover on my mini outside for a while. Terrible decision. All dust/pollen gets under there anyway, then the cover grinds the crap into the paint in the wind. What did I learn? Don't buy a car cover.

And I wasn't careless with it. I tried everything to actually make it protect the car's paint, but nothing worked and I had to eventually admit I was doing more harm than good.

Just my experience. If the cover makes you feel better about the car, then go for it. Hopefully you will have a better experience than I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Damn John boy...watchya gonna do?

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

zhpnsnv
04-24-2011, 02:13 PM
If I had a garage I'd use a car cover. But then I wouldn't need one. Haha

I do this: keep a nice layer of good wax on the car. Pollen comes off with a simple rinse. Then of course wash often and carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-24-2011, 02:37 PM
California duster....ftw!

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

kayger12
04-24-2011, 02:46 PM
California duster....ftw!

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Ha! I knew there was something I wanted to order but forgot what it was.

Thank you, DW. California Duster ordered! (via ZHPM.c Amazon link, of course)

danewilson77
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Really...I absolutely love the thing. The filiments are wax impregnated. Just shake it out really good before and after use...

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

kayger12
04-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Roger that. Thanks again.

pleasecorrupt
04-24-2011, 02:55 PM
what is this california duster you guys are referring to? i thought u guys were just hating on my state @ first. haha...

kayger12
04-24-2011, 02:57 PM
http://calcarduster.com/

Johnmadd
04-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Really...I absolutely love the thing. The filiments are wax impregnated. Just shake it out really good before and after use...

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Had one in my hands yesterday and when I read the part about the wax I was turned off. Maybe I should give it a shot anyways.

danewilson77
04-24-2011, 04:18 PM
It doesn't transfer wax to your vehicle and only aides in trapping dust/pollen.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

zhpnsnv
04-24-2011, 04:32 PM
As with anything else that's brushing over your paint, the CD is best used VERY carefully. I don't think it's the cure-all for a dusty car, but it definitely helps, and it definitely helps if the paint is well-waxed underneath the dust.

I don't know how you do it, John - living with a black car. I hate the black roof on my MINI because I can never get it to look the way I want, and every time I get close, something screws it up which I'm constantly reminded of every time the sun shines on it.

Johnmadd
04-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Im still learning how to live with the black car constantly needing cosmetic maintenance, eventually I'll have it figured out, though any help and tips I can get can speed up the process. Thanks for the reponses to this point, I appreciate all of the feedback and am looking toward to getting some more suggestions.