PDA

View Full Version : New member SoCal

rjcruise
04-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I have been lurking on your website for little bit now, also been checking out some of the other related sites and it is nice to see so many enthusiasts out there, ranging from the general ins and outs of BMW's, to detailing, racing, etc.

My name is RJ, from Southern California and we bought my wife a 2005 330CiC ZHP last July. After having nothing but soccer mom sedans and SUVs, I promised her that the next 'fun' car would be hers, hence, the convertible. Actually, she started off with a convertible back in the day, Mazda Miata, and have to admit that it was a fun little car. Did a lot of research on a convertible/fun car that the whole family could enjoy (have 2 teenage type kids) and what sealed the deal for me was once I discovered and read up on the ZHP package.

First time owners of a BMW and my only regret is that I did not bother to investigate the German cars a while ago. Have had several American and Japanese cars and as we all know your Toyota/Honda's are without question a turn the key and go type car, but they lack in my opinion any real connection with the driver. This 3 series is something else! We recently went out to the wine country in Central California and were meandering around the twisty backroads, which I usually do in my other 'fun' car, but this time we got to take hers......all I can say is that I still get a big grin on my face thinking back to the driving portion of our trip.

Anyway, plan on keeping the car for a while as my wife still has to do kid duty in her SUV, so I have been reading up on the DIY's which are excellent. I verge on the 'A' type so I am fanatical about keeping that black car looking good, and I always enjoy a spirited drive in it, unfortunately living in Southern Cali doesn't always lend it self to that type of environment. Hope to be able to contribute a little something but mainly want to pick up from all of your knowledge/expertise and partake in the camaraderie.

Regards,

RJ

A few pics of the car:

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/rjcruise_photo/DSC07119.jpg
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/rjcruise_photo/DSC07155.jpg
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/rjcruise_photo/DSC07154.jpg

Marcus-SanDiego
04-25-2011, 10:56 AM
RJ, loved the story. Welcome to the site. Please feel free to jump right in.

Your biggest fan, by the way, will be John -- a fellow convertible owner (in black). You guys should hit it off!

Glad you joined the site.

kayger12
04-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the Family, RJ.

Great intro thread. Enjoyed the read.

Beautiful car as well.

johnrando
04-25-2011, 11:55 AM
RJ, loved the story. Welcome to the site. Please feel free to jump right in.

Your biggest fan, by the way, will be John -- a fellow convertible owner (in black). You guys should hit it off!

Glad you joined the site.

Boss, you ABSOLUTELY read my mind and beat me to it. Another Cousin, and in SoCal no less! A big Jet Black Sox Clan welcome to the Mafia family! John

I'll PM you.

zhpnsnv
04-25-2011, 02:27 PM
That's a beauty of a car.

pyreguy
04-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Welcome! It's a beaut!

Sent using alien technology and Tapatalk

static667
04-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Great car. Welcome!

mimalmo
04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Welcome RJ

jvr826
04-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Welcome!

After owning a black car for a couple years, I sure love everyone elses black cars. :) You know what I'm talkin' about I'm sure.

danewilson77
04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Gorgeous car. Lucky lady.....

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

CO ZHP
04-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Welcome! Guess you live in a happy household cuz when Mom is happy........

Dave

rjcruise
04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome fellas, I'm already feeling at home. Yeah, that black car is both a dream to own on one hand and yet a constant wipe down with the Meguiar's quick detailer on the other, oh well. Yeah, momma is a special lady....she has given me two great kids and our life totally revolves around their activities. We try and squeeze in our own time away, but primarily its all about the kids, wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a car guy at heart, love them all, especially behind the wheel, that is why I am so utterly amazed at the dynamic feel of this car. The level of chasis tuning is phenomenal, along with some outstanding brakes, great steering feel and decent power to push you through the twistys! Again, it is momma's car so she has already received some battle scars; few door dings, scratches along the bottom of the side skirts, oh well, it can be fixed or minimized. The car is meant to be driven and that is what we are doing as much as we can. Have to do a few DIY's in the coming months, just have to find the time to squeeze them in with everything else.

Again, thanks for the warm reception! Happy motoring to all.

Johnmadd
04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Welcome. I am in progress of learning how hard it is to keep a black car looking clean, its hard.

Mtnman
04-26-2011, 06:08 PM
welcome. Sounds like you and the Mrs have a special relationship. Keep it up!