PDA

View Full Version : Need help about a zhp

sarmen
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
So I've been looking for a Imola zhp for the past year and I think I found one in California which is where i live and its really close to me.

But something is really discouraging me to get it
-the none oem radio set
-the bottom part of the back bumper, which should be black but its red.
-third it says its clean title, but for the rims and the mileage it has on it the price is low
which is making me worry (sounds weird lol).

could you guys look at and idk just wondering if its a good deal.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=57221502&listingRecNum=151&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26mkId%3D20005%26stkTyp%3DU %26bsId%3D20203%26bsId%3D20211%26mdId%3D20409%26rd %3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-yrId-bsId%26zc%3D91202%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dpric e%26yrId%3D20199%26yrId%3D20143%26yrId%3D20198%26s f2Nm%3Dmiles%26rpp%3D250%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

sarmen
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
O and i just noticed the gauges are white too, idk guys this is looking like a fake to me

danewilson77
04-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Maybe....or...just a guy with the mod bug. Price isn't that low for a best coast zhp, rims, color matched diffuser, looks like an AC badge in the front grill......all signs of a modder.

White needles on the cluster are subject. I would def demand an answer on that.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

pleasecorrupt
04-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Maybe....or...just a guy with the mod bug. Price isn't that low for a best coast zhp, rims, color matched diffuser, looks like an AC badge in the front grill......all signs of a modder.

White needles on the cluster are subject. I would def demand an answer on that.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

signs of a modder but a modder would never sell his car to a stealership, let alone give it up with upgraded rims in tact. he wouldve sold everything put oem back and then sold it. just my 2c @_@

Marcus-SanDiego
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I've looked at the pictures. It has red needles (could have done the red sharpie, though; never know). It has a white face on the cluster. No prob. The guy clearly modded the cluster. Whatever. But I'd ask about it. Maybe the dealer can swap out. Who knows.

The dealer has described it as having 225 HP. It should be 235 HP. It's a manual transmission, which is good, since the 2003 ZHP only came in stick.

It's a sedan with color matched moulding. We have a white sedan in San Diego that's just like that. The rear diffuser is also color matched.

This has BBS wheels. The guy probably sold the 135 wheels, so he had to trade it in with the BBS wheels.

The dealer says it's electric red. That looks more like imola red to me. When you see the car in person you can very by checking out paint code on shock tower.

It has silver cube trim. Alcantara steering wheel. It has the shadow line trim (around the windows).

Looks to be a ZHP. My guess is that the dealer won't have a lot of answers for you. They will just say it was a trade in. Don't know what the previous owner was thinking.

I don't generally like buying modified cars. I'd rather buy stock. But that's me.

It looks to be a ZHP, though.

With less than 50K miles on it, that's a good price (assuming you're not trying to bring it back to stock form).

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

quikryptonite
04-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Is that a ZHP shift knob? It looks too big from the side.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Good eye, quik. That's not a ZHP knob. It's too tall and it's missing the metal ring at the bottom of the knob.

Lots of questions surrounding this car. Not a car that I'd be all that interested in. I'd have to reverse too many things to get it back to stock.

See ZHP vs. stock shift knob here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1789-Frequently-Asked-Questions-%28FAQ%29-About-the-BMW-E46-330-ZHP-Performance-Package-Option).

aurelius
04-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Any of you in San Diego know a (former?) ZHP owner Richard Bergen? I was in touch with him around the time I found our local (Dallas) ZHP in early '09. He had a nice Imola sedan for sale on autotrader for a long time. Makes me wonder if he still has it...

L0veZHP
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
it is not ugly you should ask for lower price because it has been modded. I do like the all red theme tho, but like marcus said if you want to return it to stock then i would just keep looking

Marcus-SanDiego
04-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Any of you in San Diego know a (former?) ZHP owner Richard Bergen? I was in touch with him around the time I found our local (Dallas) ZHP in early '09. He had a nice Imola sedan for sale on autotrader for a long time. Makes me wonder if he still has it...

Mark, I do not know Richard. He is not part of the BMW group that I hang with.

jvr826
04-28-2011, 05:18 PM
The aftermarket stereo would concern me a little bit depending on how much of a system has been put in the car. I learned about car audio long ago by hacking off the connector and going at it with a VM to figure out the wiring. If they hacked off the connector to install that, you'll have some headache to put a stock h/u in there if you want to.

It's also lowered. And WTF is on the roof above the windshield? Satellite radio antenna?

I'd ask about the paintwork. Some peeps take a crash repair as an opportunity to do other things paint-wise "while it's in there."

A thorough PPI by a trustworthy BMW independent is in order. Do not use a BMW dealer, or someone of the seller's choosing. You pick, you pay, you get the results. bimrs.org or your local bmwcca magazine/newsletter are good resources for finding someone to do it for you. It should include paint thickness measurements, if not, find someone who will do that.

sarmen
04-28-2011, 05:40 PM
I think ima just walk away from this, i have a gut feeling, and im not liking the feeling.

L0veZHP
04-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I think ima just walk away from this, i have a gut feeling, and im not liking the feeling.
:thumbsup

zhpnsnv
04-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Yep, wouldn't buy this one.

danewilson77
04-28-2011, 06:30 PM

I like the way you think....

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Marcus-SanDiego
04-28-2011, 06:52 PM

Good call.

kayger12
04-29-2011, 03:25 AM
I concur.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

fauchpj
04-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Looks like it is a ZHP but has a few parts changed out. Check out the anthracite colored headliner and pillars. The ZHP knob was probably replaced as the leather on those wear out pretty quickly.

jvr826
04-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Good call.

+1. Your gut is usually right.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Looks like it is a ZHP but has a few parts changed out. Check out the anthracite colored headliner and pillars. The ZHP knob was probably replaced as the leather on those wear out pretty quickly.

Yep. Looks like a ZHP to me, too. But just too much stuff to do to return it back to stock (at least for me). I'm often looking for a turnkey solution.

RITmusic2k
04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear that your search will end up taking longer, but it's good that you're not pulling the trigger on something you aren't absolutely sure about.

Also, because of this thread I discovered I don't have a ZHP shift knob either! I always thought it seemed a little high compared to others I've driven, but I chalked it up to faulty memory. Anybody know a good place to look for one to swap in?

EDIT: Nevermind that - it looks like they're readily available at all the usual spots.

sarmen
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
The only thing i like about this zhp would be the rims and the drop. The other things is just not my cup of tea, i like things stock and i might even stay with the stock rims because they truly look good.

Im staying away from this one anyways

danewilson77
04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
The only thing i like about this zhp would be the rims and the drop. The other things is just not my cup of tea, i like things stock and i might even stay with the stock rims because they truly look good.

Im staying away from this one anyways

28lbs worth of good...hehe

sarmen
05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
i didnt want to make a new post so ill just post it here,

i found a imola zhp in Colorado with 75,000 mileage and its a 2003, the guy is offering 18k for for it. I asked him if he could bring it down alittle, said his really firm on the price.

Dont you think it would be about 15-16k for it? his price is kinda high

Marcus-SanDiego
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
i didnt want to make a new post so ill just post it here,

i found a imola zhp in Colorado with 75,000 mileage and its a 2003, the guy is offering 18k for for it. I asked him if he could bring it down alittle, said his really firm on the price.

Dont you think it would be about 15-16k for it? his price is kinda high

He's asking too much. It's the oldest ZHP (2003) and it's creeping up on 80,000 miles. I'd offer $14,500-$15,000.

If he's firm at his current price, wish him luck. Tell him you're sitting on the sidelines with about $15,000 in cash if he is ever interested in it.

danewilson77
05-04-2011, 05:36 PM
He's asking too much. It's the oldest ZHP (2003) and it's creeping up on 80,000 miles. I'd offer $14,500-$15,000.

If he's firm at his current price, wish him luck. Tell him you're sitting on the sidelines with about $15,000 in cash if he is ever interested in it.

Boss playin hard ball right there...

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!