PDA

View Full Version : E46 ZHP Suspension Upgrade Kit from ECS Tuning

Cadeez
04-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Naturally I'm assuming we all here have this upgrade, but if you don't own a ZHP this is a smokin deal! You won't regret it.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES58066/?utm_source=emailcampaign&utm_medium=marketing&utm_content=retail&utm_campaign=ES58066E46ZHPSusKit

danewilson77
04-29-2011, 02:45 PM
That's sez............

MasterC17
04-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you for this link! I need control arms and I was not going to be happy paying $600 for ONLY the control arms. $500 for control arms plus other stuff is a great deal!

zhpnsnv
04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Why do they recommend h&r sport springs for an oem kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-29-2011, 06:27 PM

Idk....its probably the most closely spring matched set. Turner has the same kit, and they also recommend H&R setup.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

zhpnsnv
04-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Did I read somewhere that lowering springs like these from h&r wear out stock shocks like the ones in this kit prematurely?

If that's the case then it's an interesting suggestion.

danewilson77
04-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Did I read somewhere that lowering springs like these from h&r wear out stock shocks like the ones in this kit prematurely?

If that's the case then it's an interesting suggestion.

I don't think those are exactly lowering springs. And...I don't think TMS would recommend if they weren't compatible.

I would give them a call prior to purchase.

mikeyb74
05-11-2011, 05:46 AM

From what I've been told and read the H&Rs are the closest to the factory springs. The next set of springs would be Eibach Prokit.

johnrando
05-11-2011, 07:34 AM
From what I've been told and read the H&Rs are the closest to the factory springs. The next set of springs would be Eibach Prokit.

Closest to the factory springs but a little stiffer/lower... or closest to the factory springs? John

mikeyb74
05-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I just talked to my parts department and looks like the ZHP suspension kit is not in stock in either the US or Germany.

danewilson77
05-11-2011, 04:41 PM
What zhp suspension kit?

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

az3579
05-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Isn't a manufacturer supposed to stock parts for like 30 years? I don't remember where I read that, but I think they're supposed to keep a surplus of parts for cars well after their prime...

spencers
05-12-2011, 04:49 AM
Isn't a manufacturer supposed to stock parts for like 30 years? I don't remember where I read that, but I think they're supposed to keep a surplus of parts for cars well after their prime...

They will keep a surplus--as individual parts--not this handy dandy kit :)

danewilson77
05-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Spence.....I will have to ship your kit tomorrow. I had car problems and I have the carpet installers here now...

spencers
05-12-2011, 01:02 PM
No problemo!
ECS hasn't even shipped my mounting hardware.. I ordered it on Monday. :rolleyes EVERYTHING SAID IN STOCK. I swear those dolts can't get anything right

danewilson77
05-12-2011, 01:24 PM
No problemo!
ECS hasn't even shipped my mounting hardware.. I ordered it on Monday. :rolleyes EVERYTHING SAID IN STOCK. I swear those dolts can't get anything right

Who do you go through?

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

spencers
05-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Who do you go through?
Their website.. Am I doing it wrong?
Anywho, I cancelled the order; I'll order from elsewhere. :)

danewilson77
05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Every order I put in at ECSTuning...I go through Joe. I PM him via Bf.c, and he creates an invoice from me. We split things out that are in stock and can be shipped right away, from things thay have to order.

spencers
05-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks Dane. I'll have to remember that

MrMaico
05-19-2011, 10:09 AM
I just talked to my parts department and looks like the ZHP suspension kit is not in stock in either the US or Germany.

Thanks for the heads up Mikey! I had one of these kits on order with Husker BMW but when I saw your post I decided to call them to make sure I was still going to be able to get one. Before calling them though I checked with ECS and they told me they had 5 left. The guy I talked to at Husker confirmed there are none shown in the system but he thought they would be making some more but didn't know how long that might take. I also mentioned to him that I was under the assumption that these are being discontinued and he couldn't say with 100% confidence that I was wrong and there would be more available in the future. I decided to not take any chances so I had him cancel my order and ordered one from ECS....so now they have 4 left.:biggrin I still have the CABs and a couple other things on order with Husker though.

No problemo!

3 times I have tried to order from them online and every time there is some type of problem with their ordering system. Twice it has been a problem with the Paypal payment authorization even though Paypals website shows the payment "pending" so the problem is on ECS's end and not with Paypal. I'll have to use Danes method of ordering if I am going to use them again, but I will only use them in a situation like today....when there is no other alternative. When it comes to OEM parts, Tischer and definitely Husker are usually cheaper.

Barry

danewilson77
05-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up Mikey! I had one of these kits on order with Husker BMW but when I saw your post I decided to call them to make sure I was still going to be able to get one. Before calling them though I checked with ECS and they told me they had 5 left. The guy I talked to at Husker confirmed there are none shown in the system but he thought they would be making some more but didn't know how long that might take. I also mentioned to him that I was under the assumption that these are being discontinued and he couldn't say with 100% confidence that I was wrong and there would be more available in the future. I decided to not take any chances so I had him cancel my order and ordered one from ECS....so now they have 4 left.:biggrin I still have the CABs and a couple other things on order with Husker though.

3 times I have tried to order from them online and every time there is some type of problem with their ordering system. Twice it has been a problem with the Paypal payment authorization even though Paypals website shows the payment "pending" so the problem is on ECS's end and not with Paypal. I'll have to use Danes method of ordering if I am going to use them again, but I will only use them in a situation like today....when there is no other alternative. When it comes to OEM parts, Tischer and definitely Husker are usually cheaper.

Barry

Yup......go through ECStuning Joe.

spencers
05-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Barry
Yep. Genuine BMW stuff at Pelican Parts is usually cheaper, too; so I ordered from them.
I'll be installing the shocks/struts on my ZSP over memorial day weekend.

Jorge86
05-21-2011, 06:45 AM
I would like to get this kit. Is this real oem replacement.

danewilson77
05-21-2011, 07:07 AM
I would like to get this kit. Is this real oem replacement.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Jorge86
05-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm all over it. Thank you guys so much. Can't believe the price.

danewilson77
05-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Yup...pretty insane.

Acyd
05-25-2011, 05:26 AM
Me likey and me needs. Thanks for the link!

MrMaico
05-25-2011, 07:52 AM

I'm all over it. Thank you guys so much. Can't believe the price.

Me likey and me needs. Thanks for the link!

You'd better not waste any time if you're going to order. Like I said, ECS claimed they only had 4 left last Thursday.

Got mine yesterday. :biggrin

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-ZHP-misc/i-VZFd8Bs/0/L/IMG0977-L.jpg

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-ZHP-misc/i-WjBQc6K/0/L/IMG0976-L.jpg

MrMaico
05-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Thank you for this link! I need control arms and I was not going to be happy paying $600 for ONLY the control arms. $500 for control arms plus other stuff is a great deal!

Just a heads up for people that don't really want or need the shocks.....these control arms are $197 each here.....

http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215771

danewilson77
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Good looking out.

spencers
05-27-2011, 06:40 AM
The kit is now NLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (no longer available)

Hope you guys got in on the deal! (Thanks again Dane. :) It's going in sometime this weekend)

danewilson77
05-27-2011, 02:42 PM
No prob....glad I could help.