PDA

View Full Version : Nitrile Gloves available at Harbor Freight Tools

billschusteriv
05-02-2011, 01:18 PM
http://www.awltovhc.com/image-4193730-10810933 (http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-4193730-10810933)

^^^ZHPMafia.com affiliate link^^^

Product: Pack of 100 Nitrile Gloves from Harbor Freight Tools

Product Photo(s) (stock):
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_452.jpg

Product Description: Not everyone can use latex gloves, so use these disposable nitrile gloves instead to protect your hands. They're resistant to oil, fuel and other chemicals, and they conform to your hand the longer they're worn, providing some support.

Product Sizing/Availability:

Available in Medium (http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-100-medium-nitrile-gloves-37050.html), Large (http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-100-large-nitrile-gloves-37051.html), and X-Large (http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-100-x-large-nitrile-gloves-37052.html).

Product Review:

When changing my oil, specifically on the e30, I'd always need to wear a little something to protect my wrists from getting burned on the exhaust. So I'd selected some Mechanix gloves for that purpose - but over time, the Mechanix gloves got saturated with oil and became less than desirable to wear for my oil changes. My hands would be coated in oil - underneath/around my nails and deep in my fingerprints and grooves in my hands. I even tried the Gojo brand gloves that work when coated in oil. While those glove still retain your grip, the backs of the gloves can still become saturated in oil.

Now I layer my gloves using these Nitrile gloves as an inner liner when removing the oil filter and just the nitrile gloves when removing the oil pan drain plug. This keeps the oil out from under and around my nails, making cleanup less of a pain. The gloves go on and off easily, making it entirely possible to use and re-use the gloves if you didn't greatly soil or damage the gloves.

Since purchasing, I use these gloves for just about anything when working on my car or around the house. Oil and air filter changes on the car, handling fiberglass insulation for the home, and working around the yard.

When my heavy duty work gloves aren't absolutely necessary, I like to retain my sense of touch when working with my hands. These gloves protect your hands and act as a second skin, allowing you to retain your sense of touch when working with smaller objects (e.g. like when removing a 6mm or 8mm hex nut from your BMW).

Summary Conclusion:

These useful nitrile gloves have a variety of uses, making them a necessary addition to any home or garage. They are a completely appropriate purpose for those that only check fluid levels all the way up to the seasoned DIY'er.

az3579
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
I need to order some for the next oil change. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mtnman
05-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I have these. good pickup. I went through 6 pairs when i did my power steering pump

billschusteriv
05-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Marcus (or other mods) feel free to edit the original post if you can get the medium, large, or x-large links to reflect affiliate status.

If you have a method to create affiliate product links, please let us know how so those of us doing product reviews can help the site.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Bill, can't do it. Harbor Freight Tools does not give me the ability to customize affiliate links. Other affiliates do, such as Amazon.com, but regular members cannot get the affiliate links. Only affiliates (like ZHPMafia.com) have access to the tools.

No worries, Bill.

billschusteriv
05-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to make it easy and give others links if I could. Don't want to be the weakest link :biggrin

Marcus-SanDiego
05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
The site appreciates the effort, good sir.

kpro
05-03-2011, 07:16 AM
I will bring a few boxes of these to the meet, to do work. son.

billschusteriv
05-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Woot! Thanks Kristen!

I'm actually right around the corner from a Harbor Freight location, but would order these next time I need them with some other things online so I make sure we get some credit :)

danewilson77
05-03-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't like wearing the gloves. I don't like anything between me and my car, when I'm working it.

az3579
05-04-2011, 03:58 AM
I don't like wearing the gloves. I don't like anything between me and my car, when I'm working it.

You don't work on your car without protection??? :eyetwitch

danewilson77
05-04-2011, 04:04 AM
You don't work on your car without protection??? :eyetwitch

No. I'm hoping it will have babies....

az3579
05-04-2011, 04:04 AM
No. I'm hoping it will have babies....

That's actually a good plan...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

kpro
05-04-2011, 07:28 AM
I don't want my hands to be permanently dirty, it just doesn't jive well with wearing skirts. I wear gloves everytime I work on the car, even to rotate tires. I keep a few pairs in my trunk organizer in-case of emergency, I've got rubber.

danewilson77
05-04-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't want my hands to be permanently dirty, it just doesn't jive well with wearing skirts. I wear gloves everytime I work on the car, even to rotate tires. I keep a few pairs in my trunk organizer in-case of emergency, I've got rubber.

LOL........

billschusteriv
05-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Hehe.... you guys and gals... :rofl

I didn't like wearing anything either... in my prior field I was primarily responsible for taking care of rotating equipment and purifying lubricating oil.

But I've wussed a bit moving to the civilian sector... and the gloves still let me grip and grab what I need to when I'm working with fluids.

kayger12
05-04-2011, 01:33 PM

Me too.

Well, except for the wearing skirts thing...

spencers
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I love my black nitrile gloves

danewilson77
05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Me too.

Well, except for the wearing skirts thing...

I think you could sooo rock a skirt.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

kayger12
05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah, but then I have to shave my legs and everything. Giant PITA...

az3579
05-04-2011, 05:41 PM

Not worth it. Too much work.

danewilson77
05-04-2011, 05:42 PM

Lol........yeah....go ahead and pass.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!