PDA

View Full Version : Status: Site Speed

Marcus-SanDiego
05-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Some of you, especially those located in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Florida, may notice that the site is a little (just a little) slower than normal. The host is working on resolving this. The problem is due a network problem between those cities (and their ISPs) and the host's network.

From my host: "From everything we've tested, the issue is also not directly tied to one of our upstream providers but instead it's further down the line. We've tried altering our routes. However, so far nothing has helped. We are continuing to work with our upstream providers to troubleshoot this issue."

Anyhow, while most members of ZHPMafia.com (and BMWMafia.com) are unaffected, some of you may be.

That is all.

danewilson77
05-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info Boss.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Marcus-SanDiego
05-05-2011, 11:54 AM
No problem, sir.

M3TA5IN
05-05-2011, 12:00 PM
This is unacceptable! Does the interwebz and tubes of information not realize that BMW data packets are highly important and should travel faster than all other information given the interlacing of the BMW brand on these packets? I am writing a complaint to the west coast. kthxbai

Marcus-SanDiego
05-05-2011, 12:07 PM
:rofl

Marcus-SanDiego
05-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Host is working out its network issues. Site getting faster for those in Chicago, Los Angeles, and FL.

mimalmo
05-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm in Chicago today but haven't noticed any slowdowns. Surfing via my Sprint hotspot.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Yep. It was a minor slowdown. I'm guessing that it wasn't too noticeable for most people -- even those in Chicago. I was just giving you guys the 411 in case you did happen to notice.

Glad to hear things are going well in Chi-town, Eli.

P.S., I love Chicago, too. I'd live there (perhaps in Lincoln Park).

danewilson77
05-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the Update. Copy all Boss.

johnrando
05-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Yep. It was a minor slowdown. I'm guessing that it wasn't too noticeable for most people -- even those in Chicago. I was just giving you guys the 411 in case you did happen to notice.

Chicago, Dallas, you're a town ho! :-)

ryankokesh
05-05-2011, 04:23 PM

I lived in lincoln park for a while - went to DePaul. Now I'm up in wrigleville though (due to cost of living, lol).

Marcus-SanDiego
05-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Great city, Ryan.

Anyhow, the site is back to full speed for everyone.

Thanks, guys.